Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 56 years old, and had my bypass on Sept 19, 2017. So far, I've recovered fine and am losing weight, and am happy with my results. I've had arthritis in my SI (sacro-iliac) joints for a number of years, and in the last 2-3 years, one side has become particularly painful. Before surgery, I relied on NSAIDS for inflammation relief and pain control, but now NSAIDS are off the list, and I'm having a hard time controlling that pain. What are some of you doing for inflammation and pain in a post-bypass world?

I'm not sure if this will help but you can get pain Patches from your doc. My podiatrist actually prescribed them for me when I was having a hard time with heel spurs and plantar fasciitis a few years back. I too have issues with my SI Joint and have used them and they have really helped, however I have not had WLS yet so I'm not sure if they are approved but definitely worth asking about. That's all I can think of at the moment other than there is a lot written about the foods we eat causing inflammation and making pain more difficult to manage. I look forward to following this post as I will soon be in the same boat as you.

I'm scheduled to have a steroid shot soon, but I find they're not really that effective. They are, however, better than nothing! Do you remember what the medication in the patch was? I've tried lidocaine, but I'm sure there are others.

I have arthritis all down my spine and my right hand. In the summer it's bearable but come winter time not even NSAIDs work. I find my hand loosens up in the morning when I run it under hot Water. I want to try sensory deprivation floating this winter. I've heard it does wonders. Huge warm tub filled with sea salt or Epsom salt, not sure

3 hours ago, jrmoseley said:

I'm scheduled to have a steroid shot soon, but I find they're not really that effective. They are, however, better than nothing! Do you remember what the medication in the patch was? I've tried lidocaine, but I'm sure there are others.

They are called Flector patch (diclofenac epolamine topical patch) 1.3%. They are large Patches (10cm x 14cm) so i cut them down as needed. They were not prescribed for my back issues but in between injections I use them. I have the type of SI injections where they knock me out so I'm in an out patient facility to have them. They work a lot better than the ones they do in office. I most recently had a radiofrequency nerve ablation done and that has helped me incredibly! Hope this info helps you :)

56 minutes ago, Angie's_Ocean said:

Huge warm tub filled with sea salt or Epsom salt, not sure

Either way, it sounds heavenly!

On 10/2/2017 at 10:02 PM, kidchick said:

I'm not sure if this will help but you can get pain Patches from your doc. My podiatrist actually prescribed them for me when I was having a hard time with heel spurs and plantar fasciitis a few years back. I too have issues with my SI Joint and have used them and they have really helped, however I have not had WLS yet so I'm not sure if they are approved but definitely worth asking about. That's all I can think of at the moment other than there is a lot written about the foods we eat causing inflammation and making pain more difficult to manage. I look forward to following this post as I will soon be in the same boat as you.

hI tHERE I have horrible Scatic and back pain as well as anxiety and i use Hemworx CBD oil for all my pain.. never looked back at gabapentin, Vicodin, or ibuprohen again.. PAIN FREE

14 hours ago, RobinJoy said:

Hemworx CBD oil

I found the website. Which product(s) do you use?

Edited by kidchick

On 10/6/2017 at 9:08 AM, kidchick said:

I found the website. Which product(s) do you use?

so sorry i just saw this.. i use Hempworx 500 mg cbd oil. peppermint..

How can I find the correct website for this oil. Having lots of pain, but the site I looked at wants a name and team, etc.
Appreciate any help in this.

Hey gingin. I wasn’t sure if it was allowed in here or not but here goes ;). Www.hempworx.com/gointapot. My husband made the username lol . Also I am on fb if you would like to add me Robin Ryan :) Nokomis IL. Hope this helps ! I can’t live without my Oil ! Lol

This is my Journey to Joy !

On 12/1/2017 at 4:55 AM, RobinJoy said:

Hey gingin. I wasn’t sure if it was allowed in here or not but here goes ;). Www.hempworx.com/gointapot. My husband made the username lol . Also I am on fb if you would like to add me Robin Ryan :) Nokomis IL. Hope this helps ! I can’t live without my Oil ! Lol

This is my Journey to Joy !

I checked out the site - is there a percentage discount if you pay the $20 to become involved on products? Wondering if signing up makes for a better price on the items.

i WILL SEND YOU A PRIVATE mESSAGE :)