Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im feeling like a failure...already

Hello

What you eating sounds good. Water is very important as well. I do know that it's good to mix up and not eat the same thing every day cause your metabolism needs to be confuse in order to burn fat from what I was told from a machine that is a Personal trainer and is into health. When did you have your Surgury? I will ask my friend since she had the sleeve and I had the bypass. I will help you as much as I can, don't worry. We all here to support one another. 😀

Hello
What you eating sounds good. Water is very important as well. I do know that it's good to mix up and not eat the same thing every day cause your metabolism needs to be confuse in order to burn fat from what I was told from a machine that is a Personal trainer and is into health. When did you have your Surgury? I will ask my friend since she had the sleeve and I had the bypass. I will help you as much as I can, don't worry. We all here to support one another. [emoji3]

Thank u hon! I had my bypass surgery on 9/13. I try to drink at least 64oz of water minimum. Difficult, but im working on it as i know its critical.

Try to remember, too, that comparing your results to a small group of online group posters is always going to be disappointing! The people who post frequently are often the ones with the biggest results, because those results motivate them to post. The rest of us, the average folks, are less likely to post our results, because we feel like we must be doing something wrong.
I went for my 3 week post op, and was telling my doc that I knew I was losing slow, but I'm ok with that. He checked my file, re checked the numbers, and told me I was wrong -- I'm not at all "slow" and in fact am about 2 weeks ahead of the bell curve. Came as a shock to me!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Try to remember, too, that comparing your results to a small group of online group posters is always going to be disappointing! The people who post frequently are often the ones with the biggest results, because those results motivate them to post. The rest of us, the average folks, are less likely to post our results, because we feel like we must be doing something wrong.
I went for my 3 week post op, and was telling my doc that I knew I was losing slow, but I'm ok with that. He checked my file, re checked the numbers, and told me I was wrong -- I'm not at all "slow" and in fact am about 2 weeks ahead of the bell curve. Came as a shock to me!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

You're right, good points!
Congrats in being ahead of the bell curve! What is the bell curve, based on your docs stats? Like how much have u lost in 3 weeks? What was your start weight? I don't go back to my doc until 2 months out (Nov 13) so I wonder if he will have something like that. Im excited to see!

8 hours ago, Amburmist said:

You're right, good points!
Congrats in being ahead of the bell curve! What is the bell curve, based on your docs stats? Like how much have u lost in 3 weeks? What was your start weight? I don't go back to my doc until 2 months out (Nov 13) so I wonder if he will have something like that. Im excited to see!

I think my surgeon collects stats from his own patients, and that's what he uses for his Bell curve. I was 298 the day before surgery, and 283 the day of my 3 week check. That's "only" 15 pounds, which is considerably less than some I've seen. But it was 15 pounds. I know I wouldn't have lost before surgery. And it's 15 pounds that I'm confident I can keep off!

Attitude is important, and fortunately we can choose our attitude. I choose to remain positive and see the positive side of things. I am exceedingly grateful that I had the opportunity to have this surgery. I will try my best to use it to my advantage, and I will try my best to be kind and forgiving to myself when I have moments of failure (because those are also an inevitable part of any journey.)

We live in a fast paced and stressful world, and we are used to instant results. Sometimes, though, I think it is vital that we slow down and breathe deep and pay attention to the little things. I'm pretty sure this is one of those times.

I think my surgeon collects stats from his own patients, and that's what he uses for his Bell curve. I was 298 the day before surgery, and 283 the day of my 3 week check. That's "only" 15 pounds, which is considerably less than some I've seen. But it was 15 pounds. I know I wouldn't have lost before surgery. And it's 15 pounds that I'm confident I can keep off!
Attitude is important, and fortunately we can choose our attitude. I choose to remain positive and see the positive side of things. I am exceedingly grateful that I had the opportunity to have this surgery. I will try my best to use it to my advantage, and I will try my best to be kind and forgiving to myself when I have moments of failure (because those are also an inevitable part of any journey.)
We live in a fast paced and stressful world, and we are used to instant results. Sometimes, though, I think it is vital that we slow down and breathe deep and pay attention to the little things. I'm pretty sure this is one of those times.

I just re-read thru your response above again and i am really inspired by it. I am going to try and live by some of the 'rules' u hold urself to: be positive, be forgiving to myself, breathe, just slow down, and really just try to enjoy life. I like those philosophies! Thank u for that post. Heck, as long as Im following my plan, am healthy, and the scale numbers are moving -and moving down- I need to learn to be happy with that. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.