Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I had a gastric sleeve on September 12th 2017. In 9 days I lost 12 lbs and was ecstatic. Since my weigh in at the dr on 9.21.17 i have not lost 1lb! I am the exact same weight. I was put on soft foods on 9.22 and have been eating yogurt, eggs, chicken. Trying my hardest to get all my fluids, but averaging about 40 oz of Fluid a day. Has anyone else experienced weight loss Plateau this close to the surgery date? It seems awfully soon to not be losing weight. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using BariatricPal mobile app

Im going thru it now but im 30 days out have only lost 3 lbs in a week

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi LosingIsWinning, I had surgery on September 12th as well. The first week I lost 20lbs then my weight loss just stopped. I was confused and upset. I couldn't understand, was I doing something wrong. I had my first stall for about 1 week. When I went to my first post op appointment my Dr said I was doing good and not to worry. She said follow her instructions and I will lose the weight. This week so far I have lost 5lbs. The main things you want to try hard to accomplish everyday is getting in your 60g of Protein and 64oz of fluids. You will have stalls but everyone body is different as to when your stall will end and start losing weight again. Maybe also reach out to your nutritionist to get specific tips from your surgeon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Fluid balance, stool, glycogen are all going to be out of wack the first few weeks after surgery. As long as you're doing the right things diet wise you should be fine. If you're truly concerned track calories diligently and this could help you figure out if you're doing what needs to be done

Advice: don't weigh yourself every day!

However, this isn't advice I personally can follow, so instead I try to only worry about it once a week. You'll have periods where it stops, and then jumps down. My biggest was after a vacation where I'd been RIDICULOUSLY active and probably didn't drink enough Water. I came home after 2 weeks and had not lost a pound.

Weighed myself again 2 days later and I lost SEVEN POUNDS.

Little things in your life can impact it. I wouldn't worry unless you've stopped losing for a month or so.

I’m experiencing the same! My surgery was 09/21/17 on Thursday & I weighed myself this past Thursday (at 1 week post op) & I lost 10lbs. I go see my surgeon & dietitian for my post op appointment tomorrow. I just weighed myself an hour ago (in the evening & not right in the morning like I usually do) & weighed the same from 3 days ago. I’m allowed to eat creamed Soups, yogurts, sugar free pudding, popsicles & Protein Shakes. I’m getting about 40oz only too. I’m a little down. Maybe this week will be better? Keep your chin up! :) We will succeed!!

Edited by Angel11

21 hours ago, Brandeis said:

Advice: don't weigh yourself every day!

However, this isn't advice I personally can follow, so instead I try to only worry about it once a week. You'll have periods where it stops, and then jumps down. My biggest was after a vacation where I'd been RIDICULOUSLY active and probably didn't drink enough Water. I came home after 2 weeks and had not lost a pound.

Weighed myself again 2 days later and I lost SEVEN POUNDS.

Little things in your life can impact it. I wouldn't worry unless you've stopped losing for a month or so.

I loved your response! Thank you ! :) You set things in perspective.