Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want my huge stomach back. How can this be accomplished? Cadaver? Fake stomach made of silicon and plastic?

IMG_7460.JPG

Zip, zero, zilch. The first couple weeks post op I often found myself thinking "maybe I should have just stayed fat", but as the pain faded, so did the regret. I'm very lucky in that I was able to go through a VERY comprehensive program where I saw a psychologist, dietician, and nurse over many months, so I was well and truly prepared for what was ahead and I had the tools to make things work for me. I'm also lucky in that I've had no complications whatsoever. But even people I know who have had LOTS of complications, once they got through them (which took a few months, not going to lie) their regrets faded, too.

So no major regrets whatsoever, and I'd never take back this choice.

However, sometimes I do feel little brief pangs of regret:

1. When I go out to all you can eat places and there are so many things I want to try but I can't. The other day a bunch of us went to all you can eat sushi and I was looking at yam rolls and agedashi tofu and edamame and and and... then got an ala carte order of tuna tataki. Was still delicious and satisfying, but I do feel sad sometimes I can't have that kind of variety/volume anymore, even on special occasions.

2. When it's hot out and someone nearby opens a cold can of soda covered in condensation and you hear that PSSHT noise. I can watch it go by at restaurants and fast food joints without issue, but the sound of a can being cracked open has me craving a Pepsi every time! I do miss Pepsi some days. I'm not going to lie.

But then I go to a store and they HAVE MY SIZE and I don't have to hopelessly dig to the back of the rack and get disappointed when they don't carry anything for me, and when I go shopping with my friends I don't have to stand around feeling miserable that nothing in the stores they shop at will ever fit me and why am I even there. Or I will need to chase after someone but rather than getting winded after ten feet, I'm able to sprint down the block without issues, or run across a soccer field, or dance the night away! It's a worthwhile trade, but you do have to mentally and emotionally prepared for what you're about to do. Because it's a big change, and it is HARD. You need all the support and preparation you can get!

My sleeve was this past Monday. I currently have the "what did I do " thoughts. Watching my family eat regular food while I sip my Protein Shake down is very difficult. I know this will pass soon

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

It will pass soon! Keep going!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

No regrets at all. Do it! For the first month or so, I was full of regrets. Now that I'm 6 months post op, I am thrilled with the surgery. It's a hard journey, but I'm so glad I was brave enough to take the leap.

7 days post op nearly 22lbs down over 3 weeks including pre op diet. Had the wtf thoughts as entered anthestist room but no regrets yet. Looking forward to the future. Just hope I don't drop through the jean sizes to quickly as have hardly worn clothes hanging in the ward robe 😀 Go for it !