Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you treating yourself to once you hit your goal weight???

I honestly hadn't thought about what I'd do, so glad the topic came up.

I would like to go to Spain with my husband next August, to see friends/family there. I would like to walk the pilgrimage from Zaurauz to Loyola...see Vega painting in Barcelona, museums in Madrid.

The weight walking has been an issue, but the bigger one is an abhorrence of flying! So good to have the next goal in mind.

I think the only thing I would like is perhaps a picture of me with my family in a happy place like the Caribbean. For too may years I have avoided most photo opportunities because how I disliked seeing myself as a heavy person. I felt like a ghost in a way, there but not really. Now that I see everyone else's wish list I'm thinking I might need to set my bar higher :) I kinda like the Porsche idea but I think it be a bit of a hard sell to the wifey and probably to myself. Almost bought a Maserati a few months ago until I investigated how much routine maintenance cost and decided it was a little too crazy even if I had the money,

Edited by apu

19 hours ago, buttebear76 said:

Good for you Sir. I can't wait for you to complete this leg of your adventure.. keep me posted... if I may ask.. how much have you lost so far?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My high weight was 326 in June, but I started my pre-op at 314 on 7/22. I am at 253, so that makes 61 pounds since then, and 73 pounds overall. I've got 33 pounds left to achieve my goal, so we will see if I can make it happen in the next 3 months.

I will wear a bathing suit and cutoffs in public and go tubin' on the Frio and Guadalupe. I want to go camping without dying of heat prostration. I'll dance at the Garner prom and hang out at the low Water crossing below our camp and maybe splurge and drink a beer with the fam as we watch the world float by.

A fabulous wardrobe and some expensive shoes! Also a boob job to go with the amazing new wardrobe. :lol:

Six Flags is definitely what I want to do. I've always loved amusement parks and when I couldn't ride on the roller coaster in July with my son and sister, I felt hurt. So, riding on the roller coaster is my treat and maybe a new car or Tummy Tuck if needed. I hope I won't need a tummy tuck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/28/2017 at 9:35 AM, xoxococojay said:

What's going to be your own reward to yourself?

That is a great question!

I actually haven't thought of an end result reward for myself. I think maybe because as the weeks and months go by I've been doing more things for me anyway. I've bought some clothes, not too many. Just new tops and a couple pair of jeans which I went from a 22 to now a 16! My tops/blouses were 3x now I am in an XL to a large.

I think just doing small things along the way, celebrating life not necessarily the weight loss has given me so much joy.

FYI - Groupon and Living Social are great sites to find deals for massages, fitness classes, events, etc! My next goal is a full body massage and reflexology which will be my birthday gift to myself on the 20th of this month.

Personally, for me, I don't view plastic surgery as a reward - it's the end part of the entire sleeve/weight loss process. I don't know how much I'll need, but boobs and arms will definitely need to get done.

Rewards for me will be activities and experiences that I've always wanted to do but that I never did because of weight issues - like learning how to scuba dive (somewhere fantastic, like the Great Barrier Reef), or climbing Kilimanjaro, or seeing gorillas, or hiking to the lost city in Colombia, or going skydiving/bungee jumping (despite my fear of heights), or walking the pilgrimage trail to Santiago de Compostela, etc. I'm not saying I'll be able to do (or afford) all of these things, but any one of them would be a real reward to me, and would signify how far I've come in my weight loss journey.

That is a great question!
I actually haven't thought of an end result reward for myself. I think maybe because as the weeks and months go by I've been doing more things for me anyway. I've bought some clothes, not too many. Just new tops and a couple pair of jeans which I went from a 22 to now a 16! My tops/blouses were 3x now I am in an XL to a large.
I think just doing small things along the way, celebrating life not necessarily the weight loss has given me so much joy.
FYI - Groupon and Living Social are great sites to find deals for massages, fitness classes, events, etc! My next goal is a full body massage and reflexology which will be my birthday gift to myself on the 20th of this month.

Congrats!!!

In December I've next year I'm hoping to be at goal, which means in the spring or the fall of 2019 going to Ireland! I can't wait to walk the Green Hills and see the Villages and drinking the pubs and sing songs with the natives! Don't worry, just one drink!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

A 2/3 is baggy? Really?!?

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I am a cruise junkie, so once I hit my goal weight I plan on going on a cruise and doing a zip line excursion as well as entering myself into several 5k's in my local area. I plan on living life to the fullest and not letting myself get back to the dark place that I was ever again! :)