Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After first week out ???

For the first week out !!! Do u weight ur self everyday!! For me I did it because it was so exciting for me to see the scale moving every day but after the first week it stoped to move for 3days now !! What I did wrong or should I stop measuring my self everyday???

I absolutely weighed myself everyday and sometimes twice! It was exciting and one of the only positive feedback moments I had that first week. I didn't rely on the scale for my joy because it will inevitably slow down but when all you can have is Clear Liquids, then full liquids and your previous joy (food) has been taken away you have to find it somewhere.

I am no longer a slave to my scale but I do weigh about 2 times a week. I only use the weight I get on Friday as my official weight for the week. But I do like to compare my food journal to how it affects the scale.

I also no longer dread the scale. If weighing causes you anxiety then don't get on the scale as often. But, quite frankly, weighing myself often has numbed me to any anxiety. And besides the 1/2 pound one way or the other, or no weight loss at all could mean your just constipated from surgery, you have to pee or your pre-mentrual. No stress, right?

Enjoy your downward trend and know that it may pause but if you're doing everything right it will continue to move down hill.

Good luck

Edited by Pam_2-06-2017

I absolutely weighed myself everyday and sometimes twice! It was exciting and one of the only positive feedback moments I had that first week. I didn't rely on the scale for my joy because it will inevitably slow down but when all you can have is Clear Liquids, then full liquids and your previous joy (food) has been taken away you have to find it somewhere.
I am no longer a slave to my scale but I do weigh about 2 times a week. I only use the weight I get on Friday as my official weight for the week. But I do like to compare my food journal to how it affects the scale.
I also no longer dread the scale. If weighing causes you anxiety then don't get on the scale as often. But, quite frankly, weighing myself often has numbed me to any anxiety. And besides the 1/2 pound one way or the other, or no weight loss at all could mean your just constipated from surgery, you have to pee or your pre-mentrual. No stress, right?
Enjoy your downward trend and know that it may pause but if you're doing everything right it will continue to move down hill.
Good luck
[/quote
Thank u so much for your feedback another question .. do u remember when u begun to take dairies like milk and yogurt ??? Cause my doctor told me that I can add them now to my diet and I just finished my first week post op ...

Thank u so much for your feedback another question .. do u remember when u begun to take dairies like milk and yogurt ??? Cause my doctor told me that I can add them now to my diet and I just finished my first week post op ...

I know there are a lot of views on weighing yourself daily. I weighed (and still do) everyday but I don't let it bother me if the scale doesn't move or fluctuates slightly upward. After years of not wanting to know what the scale said, it is important for me to weigh in everyday to stay accountable. I'm six months out and getting closer to my goal weight, things have slowed down but that is to be expected. Stick to your plan and you will have amazing results.

Oh, and I started dairy (greek yogurt, cottage cheese and ricotta cheese) around 3 weeks maybe a little less.

I weigh myself daily because it doesn't bother me. I record the weight on my calendar every day, then I find the average of the 7 days, and use that as my official number. It's more accurate mathematically, but it also keeps me honest.

When I was weighing in at weight watchers every week, I would drink next to nothing so maybe weight would be lower. I was only cheating myself of course. Finding the weekly average will give me a better picture of the change over time.

Edited by ZinNH

For the first week out !!! Do u weight ur self everyday!! For me I did it because it was so exciting for me to see the scale moving every day but after the first week it stoped to move for 3days now !! What I did wrong or should I stop measuring my self everyday???

Like you, I was so excited I was finally losing and weighed myself everyday(multiple times). Im 6 weeks out and still experience short stalls. The one benefit I found from weighing myself daily was evaluating what I ate or how many calories when I broke my stalls. I still weigh myself almost every morning when I first wake. I'm trying to get myself to checking my weight weekly but I'm kinda obsessed.

Sleeved 8/10/17 HT: 5'2
HW: 214 SW: 212 CW: 192 Goal: 155

I had plain vanilla yogurt that first week. I put a little milk in it to thin it out. It was a great way to get Protein and NOT a protein shake:-)