Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling really insecure about my weight

Hi guys,
I haven't gotten the surgery yet, I'll be getting the sleeve, but I been feeling really insecure about my current weight. I'm 5'8 270 lbs. I got on the scale today to see if I lost weight & I actually gained 10 lbs [emoji20] It's really effecting my mood and my dating life. I'm losing interest in doing just anything. I don't even like leaving the house unless I have to. Has anyone else gone through this? I know I'm getting surgery soon, but not soon enough, so I know I will lose the weight anyways.. but I'm finding it hard to cope with myself the way I am now. If anyone has suggestions, helpful resources or advice they can share it will be well appreciated.
Thank you
Btw, I'm the one in the black shirt. Just took this on my 26th birthday. Maybe next year I won't be so insecure [emoji4]
1503277967310.jpeg.13f5bcd4ec9d7bfd002744bd46e3c3d6.jpeg

Hi guys,
I haven't gotten the surgery yet, I'll be getting the sleeve, but I been feeling really insecure about my current weight. I'm 5'8 270 lbs. I got on the scale today to see if I lost weight & I actually gained 10 lbs [emoji20] It's really effecting my mood and my dating life. I'm losing interest in doing just anything. I don't even like leaving the house unless I have to. Has anyone else gone through this? I know I'm getting surgery soon, but not soon enough, so I know I will lose the weight anyways.. but I'm finding it hard to cope with myself the way I am now. If anyone has suggestions, helpful resources or advice they can share it will be well appreciated.
Thank you
Btw, I'm the one in the black shirt. Just took this on my 26th birthday. Maybe next year I won't be so insecure [emoji4]
1503277967310.jpeg.13f5bcd4ec9d7bfd002744bd46e3c3d6.jpeg

Hi Lovepink21,
I totally understand how you are feeling as I am going through it myself. Im sicj and tired of the feeling like im living my old age when im a young adult (24yo). I'm tired of judging whether I'll fit and/or break the chair lol I understand the struggle and I know this a journey and I need to curb my impatience into action. I have been trying to get myself ready for it, trying to lose weight (currently 137kg, Highest weight 140kg) but I've had countless slip ups. But I know I am ready for it and this is a lifestyle change which is not solely about losing weight and I'm trying to get my mindset ready for that.
I think the best thing is to get in contact with a counsellor in the meantime and perhaps even during post op. I'm in Australia so I would know what resources but I recommend seeing a counsellor.
My surgery date is 24 Nov
What about yourself?

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

It will get better! I basically stayed home and didn't have much of a social life prior to surgery. I had become so depressed with my weight and had no energy. After the weight loss it's amazing how you'll start to feel better and gain confidence...shopping becomes fun! Going out becomes fun and you won't be self conscious. It does get better...all the best with your surgery!

I've made new friends and have done activities such as zip lining and hiking volcanoes that I never could have before...you're going to feel amazing when you get the weight off.

Love Pink you ere beautiful! Totally understand where you are coming from. I have very pictures of myself in the last 3 years because I kept ballooning. Finally got sleeves in July 2017. I have lost about 35lbs but I am still not comfortable with pictures. Yesterday my daughter took a picture of me and I cannot believe how different I look now. I can only say to you, it gets better. I still have a long way to go too so I understand.

Hi Lovepink21,
I totally understand how you are feeling as I am going through it myself. Im sicj and tired of the feeling like im living my old age when im a young adult (24yo). I'm tired of judging whether I'll fit and/or break the chair lol I understand the struggle and I know this a journey and I need to curb my impatience into action. I have been trying to get myself ready for it, trying to lose weight (currently 137kg, Highest weight 140kg) but I've had countless slip ups. But I know I am ready for it and this is a lifestyle change which is not solely about losing weight and I'm trying to get my mindset ready for that.
I think the best thing is to get in contact with a counsellor in the meantime and perhaps even during post op. I'm in Australia so I would know what resources but I recommend seeing a counsellor.
My surgery date is 24 Nov
What about yourself?

It's not until mid January :/

It's not until mid January :/

Time flies, believe me! I've had to self finance because in Australia we don't have the option of insurance paying for it...So it's taken me two years to finally have the finances to pay for it lol
I know the feeling, I've been going through it for years. I've been preparing myself mentally as this is a big decision.
I know this does not make it easy to deal with but the time will fly and soon enough you WILL be posting before and after pictures[emoji6]
I don't think insecurities ever really go away, even with wls but I reckon it's about learning how to manage them to the point they don't have such a hold/control over your life. That's my prayer, my hope in this journey.
I hope for all the best for you in your journey!![emoji173]

First of all, you are beautiful. And you are loved. YOU ARE NOT YOUR WEIGHT. No matter what, you are not your weight. We allow our weight to make us feel unworthy, we are so much more than that. Write a letter to yourself as if it is coming from your best friend -

dear lovepink21......you are kind and funny, and have kick-azz hair, and if I am ever in trouble I know you will be by my side through it all helping me smile.... (I am sure you can fill in the rest)...

lovepink21,

I completely understand what you are going through. I have gained almost 70lbs in the past 4 years and I have a walk in closet where only 4 items actually fit me (because I had to buy new, bigger sizes). I swore I wouldn't be this size forever so I kept all my "thinner" clothes although when I say "thinner" I mean size 16, not size 22 which is what I am now. My surgery is the 24th of this month and I honestly cannot wait until my size 16 clothes are too big. I am SO TIRED of being this big and miserable. I hate going anywhere for fear someone will see me out. I have to believe though that in time this weight will be behind us for good. Best of luck to you in your journey and remember, you are beautiful NO MATTER what size you are!!!!