Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Watching This Is Us?

My sister has been trying to get me to tune into this show for a year now. Anyone watching this show? I'm only on Season 1 Episode 4--but right now, it makes me very uncomfortable to watch it. I can so relate to the character, Kate...and watching her storyline, really brings things home for me. I also kinda picture my sissy watching the show and thinking that Kate reminds her of me. Anyone else experience this?

I love this show. I have it recording on the DVR because I like to get to bed by 9:30. I am going to watch last nights show tonight.

I think the flaws of this family are one of the things that makes this show so great. Everyone can relate to the characters in one way or another. We all have things about our families that we might not like, but they are still family.

Hurry and catch up so we talk about it on here..lol

Anyone NOT watching This is Us is more like it. It's my favorite. I can definitely sometimes identify with Kate, but then at other times, I'm like come on.

Really good show though.

1 minute ago, jess9395 said:

Yes! Chrissy Metz is amazing!

Randal (Sterling Brown) is my favorite character on the show, but they are all great. His father was so good!!!

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I also kinda picture my sissy watching the show and thinking that Kate reminds her of me. Anyone else experience this?

I think Kate's struggles really help anyone who watches to understand the feelings of those who have struggled with their weight since childhood. Is your sister overweight? Maybe she will gain compassion. Keep watching. The show has the best writers ever!!!

34 minutes ago, jess9395 said:

Yes! Chrissy Metz is amazing!

Gosh she really is! In the episode where she was dancing?? Holy cow, I felt like I was watching me and having those emotions!

@Apple1 I agree, I adore Randall so far!!!

Gosh she really is! In the episode where she was dancing?? Holy cow, I felt like I was watching me and having those emotions!

[mention=314912]Apple1[/mention] I agree, I adore Randall so far!!!

Wait till you hear her sing!

And yes he's amazing too. Whole cast is really. We just rarely see women of size on TV and she's so brave and real and vulnerable.

I love that show, but I rather watch it recorded.. is to much drama about how the father died.. I guess they will keep us like that till the last season of that show...

I love it too... The relationships between the siblings just feel really real. And I like having a show where a person of size isn't portrayed as the funny-fat-person. Don't get me wrong, I loved Mike & Molly, but fat jokes can only last for so long.

I did NOT like the way Kate was portrayed the first season. It felt like her storyline was to be fat and maybe a little grief, but nothing more. I'm liking her much more this season. Hate her boyfriend though, hate the story of their courtship, and don't think they have any chemistry at all.

Aside from that, though, I love the show! Randall and his wife are the best TV couple ever. Adorable, totally believable chemistry, they play off one another seamlessly.