Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!
  • Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Newme17

So, getting finances in order, I managed to sell my 2016 Toyota Avalon. It was a beautiful car, of which surprisingly, I’m doing fine without and I actually don’t miss it; and also of which resulted in having a one-vehicle household, which resulted in me HAVING to walk 2.2 miles everyday 5x a week to get my daughter to school. I’m actually quite glad, I’m feeling better/stronger again, and I dropped almost $20,000 of debt. WIN-WIN! 
      · 2 replies
      1. Sleeve1stFitNext

Awesome sauce!!!

2. FluffyChix

Yay!!! That's incredible on so many levels! Yay you! (You wouldn't have been able to do it if you didn't have the surgery and re-birth!"

Maybe you should look at practicing your nutrition stuff from home?

• allwet

so a newborn giraffe:  no wonder i am tired today
      Looking forward to complete Oxford English Dictionary
      Dam wish i hadn't missed that Gold brick.  Just my luck
      well got to fed the Giraffe. Catch you all later
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • istytehcrawk

Tonight's experiment: wonton wrapper lasagna (made with ground turkey and a Greek yogurt cream cheese/mozzarella/cheddar/spices mix instead of ricotta, which I don't like) and tacos (made with taco meat pilfered from my sister's supper). In the oven now!

· 5 replies
      1. istytehcrawk

Haven't tried the taco ones yet, but the lasagna ones are DELICIOUS!

2. Charity G

I'll have to try these! What's the carb count like for the wontons? After surgery, what guidelines did your surgeon and/or nutritionist give you regarding calories and carbs?

3. istytehcrawk

The wonton wrappers are 31 carbs (1 fiber and 1 sugar) for eight wrappers; each lasagna/taco uses two wrappers. At my one-month follow-up, my surgeon said just to worry about protein/liquids, not the other macros, and she said to work toward 1,000-1,200 calories per day, but that it'd take a while to get there (I'm averaging 500-700 per day currently, with at least 60 carbs).

4. FluffyChix

How were they? They look great!

• istytehcrawk

My jeans were literally starting to fall off me, so I caved today and bought a pair of 26/28s to hold me over until capri weather hits, hopefully in the next few weeks.
      The important part, though, is that I bought them at WALMART! I haven't been able to buy pants there in YEARS because they didn't go to my size. Unfortunately, I still had to pay $17 (so much better than the $60ish at Catherine's though), because the 26s that were on clearance for $9 were still too small to be comfortable. SOON, though!
      · 1 reply
      1. Newme17

I almost caved today at Walmart for some pants, but I just couldn’t do it. I keep thinking how many times will I actually wear them before I have to go down a size. Technically I could have gotten some for about the last two months, cause I have been staying about the same. But since my workouts were upped again, I figured to just keep my money and wear the leggings (I have been buying these in smaller sizes...they’re cheap at walmart!) I’ve been wearing for the past year! So, good for you! Enjoy your pants and yay...they’re much cheaper atwalmart and yes, they’re just as good too, IMO. 😊

• istytehcrawk

Just made Eggface's mini chocolate protein muffins, minus the chocolate topping. They're pretty tasty, albeit a little bit dry; I think when I reheat them I'll spray them with a tiny bit of butter spray to help with that. Not bad, considering they help satisfy the sweet tooth for roughly 30 calories and 2 grams of protein (my mix made 14 instead of the 12 hers did).
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Thanks for the link! Those look great!

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs