Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Procedure Date Thursday September 28th

5 minutes ago, Belle3endosleeve said:

There has been no reflux, no Constipation, no pain ... no side effects. I can believe how easy this was really.

Certainly, this is not the norm from all the posts in this website.

Had the same experience as you ... NO pain, NO reflux, NO bowel problems (other than 2-3 days of excess flatulence immediately following the op).

When I went to see my surgeon for the follow-up appointment this morning, he asked if I felt any 'different' in any way. My only comment was that I still sleep 7 to 8 hours each night but that with only 900-1000 calories going in each day now, I tend to need one or two day naps totalling 1.5-2.5 hours as my energy is a lot lower (not surprisingly).

I think our post-op condition annoys or worries those who have pain/reflux/bowel issues, etc. I wish them early success in winding back their upsets but I'm glad for my great experience to date.

Hi[mention=324596]Melesg[/mention] !!
I am feeling amazing I've lost 20 pounds since I started weighing - 13 since surgery day. First few days were record books bad. I felt really really bad but then it just got better right away. I love how easily I get full!!! There has been no reflux, no Constipation, no pain ...no side effects. I can believe how easy this was really. I have more energy then ever and feel extremely clear headed. I'm following a low carb, high Protein, vegan as often as possible...but I'm definitely not vegan. I do very little dairy and no breads or wheat...I'm gluten intolerant- perhaps even may have celiacs. I'm excited to see what to future holds with this. Everyone is starting notice, a lot of my old clothes are starting to fit again and it's really exciting. What a gift this procedure has been. How about you? How are you doing?

That's fantastic Belle, sounds like you are killing it post procedure. You have lost heaps very fast, it's a credit to you. I am doing well. Have had a 2 week stall since starting full diet so spoke with the dietician to revamp my eating. I have started a small amount of running with my walking and now eating less carbs so hope to break the stall soon. What does a days diet look like for you?

That's fantastic Belle, sounds like you are killing it post procedure. You have lost heaps very fast, it's a credit to you. I am doing well. Have had a 2 week stall since starting full diet so spoke with the dietician to revamp my eating. I have started a small amount of running with my walking and now eating less carbs so hope to break the stall soon. What does a days diet look like for you?

I have lost rapidly I'm expecting a plateau soon ( I do t want one but will be okay with it)
I'm eating 1-2 meals per day and 2-3 Protein Shakes and just as much liquid as I can consume in a day. 48-64 oz which I feel has a huge effect on knowing whether I'm feeling hungry or thirsty. I also use PURE by crystal lite, it's super tasty and has none of the bad stuff. They have one with caffeine so I drink 24-32 oz first thing in the am before any meal. So an average day will be:

8:00am: 32oz water/Pure caffeine
9:30am: 10oz high Protein low carb ( using Garden of Life Yum) with unsweetened vanilla almond milk
10:30 24/32 oz water/Pure no caffeine
11:00 snack : 17 almonds or cashews- yummm
12:30: salmon salad, chicken salad, tuna salad
130pm: 24 oz Water with Pure
2:30 pm: nut snack
4:00. 24 oz water Pure
500pm: Garden of Life protein with unsweetened almond milk
7:00 sugar free hard candy or sugar free Jello with a spray of sweet whip cream.

I walk some but am waiting to exercise much as my doctor said to wait to do heavy exercise as it may seriously increase my appetite. I've been eating 800-1200 calories per day and do not feel tired. I did for the first week but then made sure to get enough protein in a day 75-85 minimum grams with oftentimes more.

Hope that helps!!

Yea, Belle, you did it! Glad to hear that your procedure was successful. You seem to have been out for a long time following your procedure. I wonder if others were out for 5-6 hours post-procedure. Do you think that the difficulty you experienced the first couple of days was related to the anesthesia? Was your throat sore afterwards?

Sorry Sammy I didn't see this. Yes I'm sure it has A LOT to do with anesthesia and my throat was not really sore but my uvula (the dangly thingy in the back of your throat) was so messed up and long and swollen and kept gaging me for days... it was so weird!!!!! Plus I did feel nauseous perhaps anesthesia and related to stomach being stitched and I did feel some stomach pain - not horrible but just like I could feel that it had been worked on.

I get so full so fast it's amazing - I LOVE it. I keeps me so honest. Only once (i mean ONE meal once) have I veered from the plan and I suffered for HOURS - burping and pain and just all over yucky feeling. No thank you!!! It's so exciting- I could always eat so much. I'm down to 29BMI already!! Woohoooo!!

Hi SammyKay,
I would have got out about 5 hrs after procedure too and think I was fairly slow to get nausea and pain under control. If you are feeling well I'm sure they would discharge you sooner. The nausea is pretty extreme first up, I imagine it is caused by a number of factors. It really does settle quickly though so just prepare for a few off days and you will be back up and going in no time.

I actually think they kept me out to control severe nausea. Apparently I came out of surgery somewhat awake (this is husbands report) and I was clearly in terrible pain or extreme nauseous and to prevent any vomiting- which obviously could be damaging to the newly stitched stomach- they knocked me out until I was able to tolerate wakefulness.

Hey Belle,

How are you doing? It’s been more than six weeks since your procedure and was wondering if you’re still losing or have you stalled? Please give us an update on how you’re doing and what you are eating now? Do you still feel restriction? Are you feeling hungry? Do you think this procedure has not only helped you lose those initial pounds but has also given you the will power to make better food choices? Thanks in advance for any info you can share.