Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

90+ lbs down - 6 months before and after pictures

12 hours ago, MissT_SR said:

Not sure if you’re familiar with the app version but when I scroll thru the forums I only see half of a posted photo!! With yours, I only see the bottom half, so girl I gotta say: your butt is so small LOL great job!!!!

Thanks! I didn't know that. That's funny.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:00 AM, Meryline said:

@MissT_SR I had back surgery in December 2015 and I was suppose to have a second one next Tuesday, but because of the weight loss, the pressure on the sciatica nerve is a lot less, and I don't need it.

Thanks. I'm sure you'll do amazing as well.

that is just amazing and wonderful, very happy for you! Can you share some stories about the food you ate during your journey. I am currently on 14 day pre op, liquid diet. My surgery is October 10th and then I will be on full liquids for two more weeks after surgery. It is tough and getting scared, but you are an inspiration.

@KH1958 here is sort of a little recap

My program is very different than in the US. The liquids, puree and solids stages are over in 4 days. Meaning day of surgery, nothing, day after Clear Liquids, then full liquids/puree, puree and solids by day 4. We had to chew everything to puree, but we could eat solids. There were a few exceptions. No seeds what so every, even from strawberries, no fresh bread, no food that could cause bloating.

Meals should not last longer than 20min, and no more than 5 oz a meal. I meal prep, so I eat a lot of the same stuff throughout the week. Like I'll make stew, portion it out, freeze and have it basically every day. I eat 4-5 meals a day still, all around 5oz. If I have a salad it's more. At least 3 of them are warm.

From an very early stage I got all my Protein from food, and I think that is the key. A lot of people rely on the shakes for way too long. At this stage I eat anywhere from 900-1500 kcal a day, usually under 1200.

I started weight training at 3 weeks out. I was cleared then. I had to because I have a bad back and have to keep it strong. And with the surgery you lose muscles as well, so I had to make sure I lost as little as possible.

I walk everywhere. I was used to walking before surgery, but I have stepped up my game since surgery. I walk about 13 000 - 20 000 steps a day. I do strength training twice a week at this point. I also swim. I have been on a break all summer, but practice has started again. For now It's only once a week for 2 hours/4000m but after Christmas it will be 3 times a week. I used to compete as a kid. I don't really do other cardio. Some hiking.

A normal day for me looks like this.

I get up, get ready, walk to work. As I walk, I drink about 12 oz of water
Once I get to work I'll have 8.5 oz iced latte machiatto light (80 kcal)
Then I'll have protein rich yogurt, lately I have added flax seeds and sesame seeds (with the coffee it's at least 20g of protein)
I wait 30 min and start drinking Water. Between now and next meal I'll get 12-24 oz
2h later I'll take Iron and bariatric multi vitamin
1h later I'll have a portion of food, 90% of the time it's stew made from lean meat, potatoes and carrots (around 20g of protein)
Wait 30min and then back to water. Again between 12-24oz
I try to get my Calcium supplement somewhere in here
3h after previous meal I'll eat again. Often chicken with some cream cheese sauce, or chicken and veggies (at least 20g of protein)
30 min and then water 12-24 oz
I leave work and get home. I'll often have fish and salad, or some kind of meal and salad. (20g of protein)
30min and then water
Depending on what I'm doing I'll have another meal again warm, or just a snack, often protein rich yogurt with berries or just some string cheese.
Once a week I take a high dose D Vitamin and every day I take B12 drops
Depending on how much calcium I have gotten through food, I'll take another supplement at this point.

I land on 80-100g of protein from food a day. I should get minimum 60.

Hope that helps you a little.

On 9/25/2017 at 10:01 AM, Berry78 said:

Amazing, surgery bud! You ARE definitely way closer to goal than I am ;) Hope to catch up in the next 6 months! I dunno.. walking 13 miles? Nowhere near that yet! Lol! All my surgery buddies started out 40 or 50lbs lighter than me, so I keep feeling like I'm lagging behind (even when I'm not). Sigh...

One of the difficulties with walking is that not all neighborhoods/towns are walker friendly. We live in a very safe area, but streets are fairly narrow & sidewalks non existent in the best walk close to home. Our friends from Spain walk everywhere, or bicycle because there town is set up for them, not so much for cars. And our downtown area is not walking. So that leaves going to the track at the Y, which in the South is hot! So treadmill, low traffic times HOWEVER I'm resolved to "step it up" post surgery.

Thank you for sharing your routine, very helpful and inspirational! We can use it as a guideline along our journey. God bless!

Dang! You look so great. Congrats on your inspirational success. So glad you've been able to go without a second surgery!

Thank you for sharing. Except for height, our pre-op stats and body shape are similar. I can't wait to look as great as you do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 18.10.2017 at 4:57 AM, kfulcer said:

Thank you for sharing. Except for height, our pre-op stats and body shape are similar. I can't wait to look as great as you do!

Keep up the work and you will.