Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over weight an fatty liver

hi all I'm new her, so please bare with me.

im 43 an obese with a fatty liver, my doc keeps telling me I need to loose weight an stop with the red meat an ice coffees. I understand her concerns, but I don't think she completely understand that I can't sweat as I has a rare condition called aquagenic uriticia puritus, meaning I'm allergic to sweat an Water. But what I'm really wondering is would glucinda help me loose weight if I use it as a Breakfast an lunch? Then do the salad an veggies for dinner. Everyone keeps saying it's the milk doing the damage? Is this true? Please help

2 minutes ago, Streak 74 said:

so please bare with me.

You're doing this naked?

9 hours ago, Streak 74 said:

hi all I'm new her, so please bare with me.

im 43 an obese with a fatty liver, my doc keeps telling me I need to loose weight an stop with the red meat an ice coffees. I understand her concerns, but I don't think she completely understand that I can't sweat as I has a rare condition called aquagenic uriticia puritus, meaning I'm allergic to sweat an Water. But what I'm really wondering is would glucinda help me loose weight if I use it as a Breakfast an lunch? Then do the salad an veggies for dinner. Everyone keeps saying it's the milk doing the damage? Is this true? Please help

It's my understanding there are two types of fatty liver disease. One is alcoholic and one is non-alcoholic. I have the non-alcoholic type, which is caused by eating too much carbs and fat, if I understand it correctly. I'm sure it's not just the milk alone causing yours.

I was having this conversation just yesterday. We are so used to hearing, "Weight loss happens through diet and exercise", that we think the two are BOTH required.. glued together in our heads. But it's not true. Exercise can help. But people that can't exercise can still lose weight through diet alone.

Your doctor mentioned watching your diet (red meat and iced coffees).. not exercise. So your medical condition that prevents you from going to the gym is not preventing you from losing weight.

A wholesome diet is about getting small quantities of real food. You need to be aware of the nutrition that is found in the various food groups, in order to make informed choices as to what to eat.

Sample meal plan: (Assuming you have not had bariatric surgery)

Breakfast: 1 cup 4% cottage cheese and 1 whole piece of fruit (banana, apple, cup of grapes, etc.)

Lunch: 2 eggs and a cup of pinto Beans with 2 tablespoons salsa

Snack: 1oz nuts or seeds and a whole piece of fruit

Dinner: a boneless, skinless chicken thigh, 1/2 medium sweet potato, and 1 cup green beans.

This has 2 servings dairy, 2 fruits, 5 vegetables, 3 Protein, and the nuts provide healthy fats. No grains or added sugars (both of which aren't really needed until you are done losing weight). Feel free to add salt and pepper, cinnamon and spices. Don't add fat (each meal already has fat in it). All beverages should have no calories.

Once you start eating this way, you'll find the weight should start coming off, and this meal plan is very flexible. Replace the chicken thigh with 4oz of any meat or fish. Replace the green beans with any non-starchy vegetable. Replace the pinto beans with any other type of bean... etc.

If the weight DOESN'T start coming off, then I need more info about you as an individual to formulate a better plan.

50 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

We are so used to hearing, "Weight loss happens through diet and exercise", that we think the two are BOTH required.. glued together in our heads. But it's not true. Exercise can help. But people that can't exercise can still lose weight through diet alone.

Bingo! Although I exercise regularly, it isn't a requirement for weight loss.

An astute physician once said, "Diet is Batman and exercise is Robin. In regards to weight loss, diet is 90+ percent of the equation and exercise is less than 10 percent."

The same physician also said, "If you study for a final exam and your professor told you that 90+ percent of the test would be on a particular topic, would you focus on that topic (read: diet)? Or would you focus on the other 10 percent (read: exercise)?"

You cannot outrun or out-train a crappy diet of processed foods. Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Improved aerobic and anaerobic capacity happens in the gym.

Even if you run a marathon every single day, you will still remain overweight and sick if you eat 5000+ calories a day of processed junk foods.

couple of questions: How do you shower or otherwise attend to your hygiene without Water? This is just out of curiosity so you really don't need to answer.

More importantly what is glucinda? i googled it and got no clues. Is it glucerna? Irregardless berry gave some excellent advice instead of a presumed dietary supplement/replacement.

I've been diagnosed with fatty liver (NASH) since 1987. I have to be careful, always, about "white" carbs & sugar. Even at my best weight, those things could trigger liver pain.

As to how your condition affects it, do you see an endocrinologist? Someone should be able to give you specific type of diet to help with both that and the weight loss. Milk products do contain sugar (lactose), but since I don't like them, I have no experience with how they affect fatty liver.

Prayers for a good outcome for you.