Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Might need another surgery.

On 26/09/2017 at 7:38 PM, LillieDuFran said:

dreamingsmall, so glad to see your update. I've had many colonoscopies, and all I can say is "good drugs" and it's not bad at all. That being said, its normal to be a bit scared, and when you already feel punk, it's even more understandable.

You will continue to be in prayers. Healing & peace be with you!

Thank you so much for understanding, it really helps, and i will make sure they knock me out hahah thanks for the kind words :)

Sorry . i havent been online im awake at night then nodding off during the day lol

On the plus side my surgeon who doesnt work at this hosp that i paid private has really been helpful contacting this surgical team talking to them advicing them on what to do to make sure my little sleevy is okay and thank goodness it is :P

Please don't feel like your post is irrelevant or getting in the way. Life happens and it's not always WLS related! Hang in there!

On 29/09/2017 at 2:11 PM, LillieDuFran said:

Checking to see how you're feeling.

Sent from my XT1575 using BariatricPal mobile app

HI Lillie , thank you for being so kind and checking on me, it means alot, I hear the saying of needin to get worse to get better, I am in the phase of not feeling better, but have a lot of pain relief through my drip which helps.

I have been moved to my own side room which is nice so not with other patience and I have a window so nice fresh air is coming so that nice! I have not been eating and drinking much but trying, how are you?

Edited by dreamingsmall

@dreamingsmall, so good to hear you are on the better side of the, even if it's still a steep climb. It's good to know you have a good medical team

I had my last "solid" food just now, a Protein Bar. It's liquids till Wednesday night, then NPO. Hospital at 6 am Thursday. I'm down 14 lbs so far. No nerves about surgery. Please keep in touch, and keep healing!

24 minutes ago, LillieDuFran said:

@dreamingsmall, so good to hear you are on the better side of the, even if it's still a steep climb. It's good to know you have a good medical team

I had my last "solid" food just now, a Protein bar. It's liquids till Wednesday night, then NPO. Hospital at 6 am Thursday. I'm down 14 lbs so far. No nerves about surgery. Please keep in touch, and keep healing!

Omg your about to have your surgery? how exciting! Its good you have no nerves its the best thing ever, please let me know how you get on :)

I had my last "solid" food just now, a Protein bar. It's liquids till Wednesday night, then NPO. Hospital at 6 am Thursday. I'm down 14 lbs so far. No nerves about surgery. Please keep in touch, and keep healing!

Good luck with surgery!!! I had a very difficult time during the night because the hospital bed caused horrible back pain (had a L5-S1 fusion in 2007) but otherwise hardly needed my pain pump. The next 2 days at home were awful, sleeping upright on a couch for maybe an hour at a time.

Since then it has been smooth sailing with a few hiccups. I’ve gotten what’s known as the foamies a few times from meds and once when I took a sip of Water during a meal [emoji849]. Had some bad days but otherwise surgery was awesome! If you feel anxiety the night before or regret immediately after, you aren’t alone!

Dreamingsmall, I hope you get well soon! Continue being positive. We are all here for you if you need us!

Any updates?

23 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

@dreamingsmall I am still praying they find out what is going on....godspeed

22 hours ago, DropWt4Life said:

Dreamingsmall, I hope you get well soon! Continue being positive. We are all here for you if you need us!

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

Any updates?

Hi everyone thank you so much for your kindness i had no idea this post was still alive honestly your all so kind, i am unfortunately still in hospital its lonely in here now im in a side room on my own so i just look out the window. i am in alot of pain, so on

slow release morphine, 10mls liquid morphine, IV pain killers 2 types, zopiclone to help me sleep through the pain. and some other stuff. I cant keep up with whats going through these drips, im quite dehydrated my veins keep tisuing ive had alot of Fluid through iv but trying to drink but its making it hard for them to find my veins, still unable to have a cholonoscopy done yet as they sai it will make things worse for me right now as my bowels are still severely inflamed but they are trying to make me as comfertable as possible.

I can say i have never been more forgetful, because i know i have seen a hell of alot of consultants and doctors, but i dont feel any closer to an answer because it seems until i get abit better they can not do much in ways of treatement. they dont want to give me steriods yet as it will make me quite unwell they said its all abit confusing.

ive asked for alittle break between meds so i can hold onto my senses for a minute but i am quite sore at the moment, who would have thought id still be here?? I sit here staring at the clock between 9pm-11pm is sleeping tablet time lol depends were they start. Its almost funny that i my surgery to help my health but then this thing thats wrong with me now could not have been stopped by the surgery and neither could it have been found as it wasnt there then its one of those unfortunate things.

without the meds im crying in pain i wish i didnt need it, my job is to try and drink as much as i can, the staff keep trying to ask me to eat and watching my food i said look at me guys im obese lol if i could eat i would i love food!! lol my friends who visit me are even checking on me to check ive eaten and drinking its like i have swapped worlds lol.

i wish i could give you an actual update that makes any sense, but im so in limbo. thank you so much everyone for your kindness. to be honest ive had symptoms of being unwell for alittle while now but i just thought they were sleeve related , ive let myself down really, all my posts like " ive lost my apetite" "ive been having chills" tummy aches all symptoms to whats wrong but i had no idea. its so horrible being here its like my life has stopped. yet my life outside is still continuing so im stressed with everything i need to be doing. and when i am eventually allowed home that wont be the end of it. aswell as the treatment im having here il have to continue when i go home, but this probblem isnt caused by being over weight i didnt see this coming.:(

thank you all

IMG_20171004_190818.jpg

I feel so awful for you. Gut issues are difficult to diagnose and treat sometimes. Hang in there.