Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SF Bay Area? (California)

How are you doing?

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Pretty good! Thanks for checking in. It hesitate to say that in case I jinx it. Lol. But I was up and about quite a bit today. I managed to drink a Protein Shake over the course of the day, eat my Vitamins and Calcium, drink some Water, and even a little nibble of sf pudding.< br>
I’ve felt a little shoulder pain from the gas, though it was a lot worse with my gall bladder removal. I even took a shower which was heavenly. My incisions are a bit tender and I have to watch how I move or lay but no complaints, easily tolerable.

My kitty has been ever watchful. :-)

Oh, yes. I think my kitties are going to be happy to have me all to themselves while I recover. That won't be till sometime next year. My orientation is 1/9.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Will keep you in my prayers for an uneventful recovery.

Pet your kitty for me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Candy

The best of luck on your journey, candy. Thank you for the well wishes and prayers. (And Hemingway the cat is always happy for extra pets so he thanks you too!)

The best of luck on your journey, candy. Thank you for the well wishes and prayers. (And Hemingway the cat is always happy for extra pets so he thanks you too!)

How's it going? Just wanted to check in and see what's been going on with you. Happy holidays!

Candy

I'm in San Framcisco had my by pass surgery on Nov 9th

I am In Bay too and had mine 12/20. Wondering if you know any good personal trainers in Sf who work with bariatric patients?

On 12/26/2017 at 6:27 PM, CaliforniaCandy said:

How's it going? Just wanted to check in and see what's been going on with you. Happy holidays!

Candy

Tuesday was a little rough. Not because of pain but I felt horrible. I'm sure it's because I'm not getting my fluids and Protein in. I'm working to make this better and it seems to be working. Water intake/regulation was something I struggled with pre-op too.

Otherwise, all is good. ;-) and on the bright side it seems to have helped quell some of the head hunger/cravings.

I'm also trying some Vitamin water zero to see if it helps with some little cramps I'm getting in my calves. I'm assuming that's a combo of low potassium and low water. I'm not completely dehydrated as I've been monitoring my urine output.

Thanks for checking in!

Tuesday was a little rough. Not because of pain but I felt horrible. I'm sure it's because I'm not getting my fluids and Protein in. I'm working to make this better and it seems to be working. Water intake/regulation was something I struggled with pre-op too.
Otherwise, all is good. ;-) and on the bright side it seems to have helped quell some of the head hunger/cravings.
I'm also trying some Vitamin Water zero to see if it helps with some little cramps I'm getting in my calves. I'm assuming that's a combo of low potassium and low water. I'm not completely dehydrated as I've been monitoring my urine output.
Thanks for checking in!

Glad to hear it. Keep us updated.

Are you home now?

Candy

Sent from my LG-V410 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi i had surgery 10/18/17 I did my through Kaiser South San Francisco.

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome!

I'm going through Kaiser South San Francisco as well. I hasn't my orientation on January 9th.

Is long was it from your orientation to surgery? I know there's different meeting and consults to go through so it could be different timing depending on when you get through all that.

What support group are you going to?

Sorry for all the questions. Keep us informed of how you're doing. We really want to know!

Candy

1 hour ago, CaliforniaCandy said:

Sorry for all the typos.

Candy

I had my orientation in August and meet with my surgeon by the end of August and set a surgery goal weight. Once I met my goal weight the surgeon set up my surgery...which was Oct 18. So it took about 2 months.

Hi everyone! New here. Glad to see people from my area. Im scheduled for 1/17/18 at Kaiser Richmond, Ca. I am so nervous.

SF Bay area - RNY 1/17/18

I am
11 days from my surgery and it has gone really well. I was nervous as well and just tried to focus on my whys and the future and that helped me.. also prepping for after surgery helped a lot too... everyone’s journey is different and so breathe and try to relax as much as you can!! Good luck!!