Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not buying new clothes till at goal.

Wow. I have some few "small" clothes, and they are sadly back in style. We have good thrift stores here in NC

And I have a sewing machine and mad sewing skills. But you can only alter so much.

Sent from my XT1575 using BariatricPal mobile app

I tried to hold out, but it got ridiculous. I've lost about 120lb since January. I went from a 6 -7x shirt down to a 4x (still a little baggy, but looks much better). I'm down to a 48 (actually a 47 at the tailor, but what can you do, lol) from a 60. The biggest change was underwear, 2x from a 6x. I've given away so many clothes it's ridiculous. I have one co-worker and his brother is close to my size, he basically got a whole new wardrobe.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

Is this realistic?
I hate waisting money. And I used to buy new clothes as my weight went up and down.
Now I feel I'll deal with looking abit ugly in baggy clothes till I'm at goal. Because when I'm slim I really want a style overhall clothes that I'm not confident to wear now. So I wanted to wait.

I'm in the 200s is it possible to wait till I'm 135lbs to buy new clothes??

Am I the only one who feels this way ?
Right now I'm just a leggins and dress girl. I want to go back to my skinny jeans at 135 lbs I hope lol

Yes! The thrift store can be your best friend. I didn't want to spend money on new clothes just to have them not fit in a week. So thrift, when they get too big, donate them back.

Is this realistic?
I hate waisting money. And I used to buy new clothes as my weight went up and down.
Now I feel I'll deal with looking abit ugly in baggy clothes till I'm at goal. Because when I'm slim I really want a style overhall clothes that I'm not confident to wear now. So I wanted to wait.

I'm in the 200s is it possible to wait till I'm 135lbs to buy new clothes??

Am I the only one who feels this way ?
Right now I'm just a leggins and dress girl. I want to go back to my skinny jeans at 135 lbs I hope lol

On certain days Salvation army thrift stores have clothes for a $1. I have been shopping like that

I couldn't do it. For one thing I have to look presentable for work but otherwise I didn't feel comfortable in huge clothing. I was constantly pulling up my pants, I felt frumpy and just genuinely uncomfortable. I've been buying essentials as I go down a size. 1-2 pairs of jeans, 2-3 pairs dress pants and a couple shirts.

Do you have clothes to fit appropriate? I ask because I'm down 40 lbs and I hate how baggy my clothes are

I just took a huge box of clothes to a friend at work. I'm going to have to buy some work shirts soon because everything I have left is sleeveless- or at least a couple of cardigans to wear over them!
Hubby came home and likes my new look and the couple of new outfits I've gotten- wants me to shop more- I'm holding out for as long as I can though so I can wear them longer!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 179.8 GW 135

I agree with everybody else! I swore I was going to wait till I was very close to goal to buy more clothes. I'm three and a half months out and at about 2 months my shirts would just falling off of me and I could wear them as dresses!

A lot of my shirts that I wore over leggings I now wear to bed at night!

I was lucky that I could buy a lot of my clothes from the shopping channels as fall was coming and all the summer stuff was on clearance. Since I live in Hawaii I wear summer clothes all year long.

So now at three and a half months out and 15 lb from goal I pretty much have a new wardrobe albeit a small one, and I will have to buy a few more pieces once I get to goal.

Goodwill and thrift stores are a great idea!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using BariatricPal mobile app

Gwynnie Bee is a really cool service. For a reasonable monthly fee, you can essentially "rent" clothes in whatever size you are. You set up a closet, with all the choices, outfits, pants, tops, dresses, suits, whatever, and they send them to you. You wear them as long as you want (2-3 items at a time), and then send them back to get new ones. You can buy things if you really like them, but if you are gradually getting smaller, you can just keep changing the sizes. I've been doing it for a month now, and I really like the choices. It's a great way to get lots of options without wasting money on sizes you won't wear for long.

I don't think so. I plan on thrifting until I am close to goal. We have a clothes mentor by me which is a nicer resale shop. Look in to those types and you can trade in what you have out grown, or out lost!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello! Buying from a thift store till u reach your goal weight is a good idea! Thats what I plan to do also! You can find some pretty nice things there at a reasonable price! I didnt think I would have to be cleaning out my closet & drawers so soon! Im in onederland now so I have to buy a whole new wardrobe! I wish you all the best with your future shopping spree!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

My weight has been all over the place for the past 10 years, so i have a variety of clothes I can still wear as I slide down the scale...

Sleeved 8/10/17 HT: 5'2
HW: 214 SW: 212 CW: 192 Goal: 155

I bought from thrift stores, rummage sales, and clearance racks. Try having a rummage sale your self to sell your clothes that no longer fit then you will have a few extra dollars to spend on yourself

You can find tons of great, simple, staple pieces on Amazon for really cheap, as well.

I went the thrift store route as well and still do as I'm not sure if I will lose more or not (1 year out).

I wanted to add in here that I feel strongly you should have a few things that fit well. As a WLS patient, we already have an uphill battle with our body image. My husband and best friend both really pushed me to have at least one outfit that fit fairly well so that I could see myself in my transition and smaller sizes. I know that can be hard, as sometimes you skip sizes all together on your way to goal weight. Once I took their advice, my self image definitely improved. Just something to think about.