Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not buying new clothes till at goal.

Is this realistic?

I hate waisting money. And I used to buy new clothes as my weight went up and down.

Now I feel I'll deal with looking abit ugly in baggy clothes till I'm at goal. Because when I'm slim I really want a style overhall clothes that I'm not confident to wear now. So I wanted to wait.

I'm in the 200s is it possible to wait till I'm 135lbs to buy new clothes??

Am I the only one who feels this way ?

Right now I'm just a leggins and dress girl. I want to go back to my skinny jeans at 135 lbs I hope lol

I don't think so. I plan on thrifting until I am close to goal. We have a clothes mentor by me which is a nicer resale shop. Look in to those types and you can trade in what you have out grown, or out lost!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't think it's possible. My pants literally fell down at the gym when I was a few months post op.

It is possible to not buy any new clothes though and save a lot of money. Thrifting is great! I bought all of this today for $40. The jeans are great brands - joes, Paige, Hudson, greywire(anthropologie), and jcrew. I buy new underwear and occasionally shoes but everything else is thrifted. IMG_4704.JPG

Edited by bostonmama

I don't think it's possible. My pants literally fell down at the gym when I was a few months post op.

It is possible to not buy any new clothes though and save a lot of money. Thrifting is great! I bought all of this today for $40. The jeans are great brands - joes, Paige, Hudson, greywire(anthropologie), and jcrew. I buy new underwear and occasionally shoes but everything else is thrifted. IMG_4704.thumb.JPG.678e955e3b73a69351b3007ba6eb4138.JPG

Where did you buy that stuff? I'm in newton! Will need some normal, cool stuff at some point. Hopefully soon.

I wish it were possible, but I don't think it is. My clothes were falling off of me after I lost 50 pounds.

At Savers in Framingham! Thrifting is always hit or miss, but I usually have good luck with their jean selection. Global Thrift and Platos Closet in Waltham are good too. Platos Closet seems to take a lot of donations from young people and only has up to size 14 or so, but I found my favorite sweater of all time there.

At Savers in Framingham! Thrifting is always hit or miss, but I usually have good luck with their jean selection. Global Thrift and Platos Closet in Waltham are good too. Platos Closet seems to take a lot of donations from young people and only has up to size 14 or so, but I found my favorite sweater of all time there.

Clothes Mentor is owned by Plato's. They are more for women/business clothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Is this realistic?
I hate waisting money. And I used to buy new clothes as my weight went up and down.
Now I feel I'll deal with looking abit ugly in baggy clothes till I'm at goal. Because when I'm slim I really want a style overhall clothes that I'm not confident to wear now. So I wanted to wait.

Right now I'm just a leggins and dress girl. I want to go back to my skinny jeans at 135 lbs I hope lol

I doubt you'll be able to wait. I actually started to buy some clothes pre op ( just like 1 or 2 a week) at Walmart on clearance. I never paid more than 5 dollars for anything. I was a size 16/18, I am now into the 10/12 that I bought.

I thought I was going to be the person who wore my size 24 jeans through most of my weight loss, but after the first two months, I was getting so frustrated with pulling up my pants or having them fit awkwardly, that I bought smaller sizes from some thrift stores.

Yeah I'm with everyone else... I don't know your height or what size you wear currently... but here's why I say that....

IMG_1928.JPG IMG_1929.JPG

You can see I literally could not have worn those jeans.... I am standing in one leg! Went from 271 to 135.

I started at 223- I'm at 180 13 weeks post op and my goal is also 135. I've had to retire all of my pre surgery pants and a lot of my tops- they just looked too baggy. I've relied on the kindness of friends who passed down clothes, shopping in my own closet and buying just a few things. You won't drop so quickly that you can't enjoy the new clothes. I went from a 16-18 to a 10 now already. It's also a fun treat to get a couple of new things. I'm passing off my larger clothes to a friend at work - it's such a blessing to get new clothes this way I want to bless someone else too.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 181 GW 135

Is this realistic?

Waiting until hitting goal is great to buy the new wardrobe, but I have been shopping for must have ONLY clearance & mark downs because I dress for work and must be looking professional at all times so I placed a $10 limit on each piece so im not wasting $$ but still look cute #TransitionIsHard[emoji6]

HW: 247 VSG:6/1/17 CW:197(9/22/17) GW:180[emoji41]

Is this realistic?

Check out Gwynnie Bee. You pick out the clothes you want for a monthly rental fee. No washing them and free shipping.

I think it's possible to wear a size or two that's too large, but then things just look bad (although that depends on the cut of the clothing and your body type). I thought leggings would last me a long time, and they have, but only with multiple safety pins pinning back all the excess material (I wear them at home only). I was a 24, now I'm down to a 14/16. Unfortunately for me I live in a country that does not have thrift stores with any clothes that would fit me (even if the size was correct, the shape would not be) and I have to look professional for work. So I just spent a lot of money on clothes - about a 1/3 of the clothes fit me right now, another 1/3 are the next size down, and the final 1/3 are 2 or more sizes smaller than what I am right now. So it seems like a lot, but really it's not. On top of that I was able to go through all of my old smaller clothes sitting in my parent's basement, so that has given me a few more clothes and shoes that I can wear in the (hopefully) near future.

You're lucky you live in the US - you have a lot of options available to you for smaller clothes that are fairly cheap, I would totally go for those. You can re-thrift them when you are finished, and in the meantime, you'll feel and look better in clothes that fit you properly. Even though I barely lost weight over the summer, most people at work keep commenting on how slim I've become, and the only difference between then and now is that now I'm wearing clothes that fit me properly. It makes a big difference.