Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For years I've been prone to eczema flare ups that come and go....well, since surgery last week I've had one of the worst flare ups across both sides of my abdomen. I suspect it was triggered by the shock of surgery to my body. Anyone else experience anything like this right after surgery?

I've also had eczema flare ups since my 30s; I'm in my early 50s now. I had a flare up on my left lower abdomen right before surgery and sought treatment for it two months ago, just after my surgery. What resolved it was clobetasol propionate .05% cream. It only took a few applications and my skin was back to normal. You'll need a prescription for it.

Edited by Strivingforbetter

@cjsunshine Hate to drone on about it, but I would bet it's the whey Protein Drinks. Milk/whey is a known allergin well-associated with eczema. Hope you find a solution to it soon. My mom and sister had/have it and it made them miserable.

I had debilitating eczema for years and years and the only thing that helped was acupuncture. I was already vegan, so I wasn’t having milk Protein (but as a kid that did flare it up). So try cutting dairy out and consider acupuncture!

[mention=118096]cjsunshine[/mention] Hate to drone on about it, but I would bet it's the whey Protein drinks. Milk/whey is a known allergin well-associated with eczema. Hope you find a solution to it soon. My mom and sister had/have it and it made them miserable.

Oh, I hope it's not the whey protein! I've already got my routine down and I'm getting most of my protein in just one week after surgery, with the use of protein powders! For now, I've been applying a cream that my doctor prescribed a while back and it does seem to be helping....

I'd started having small flare ups before the surgery, which I attributed to the stress of an upcoming surgery, but I also had started drinking shakes once a day....hmmm....something to consider

I've also had eczema flare ups since my 30s; I'm in my early 50s now. I had a flare up on my left lower abdomen right before surgery and sought treatment for it two months ago, just after my surgery. What resolved it was clobetasol propionate .05% cream. It only took a few applications and my skin was back to normal. You'll need a prescription for it.

I use acetaminacolone cream, which also is a prescription. It is helping to slowly clear it up.

Now that it has been several months, are you still experiencing extreme flare-ups? My VSG was 5/22/17 and I've had way more flare-ups and they seem much worse than ever. I'm trying to find a common denominator. My dermatologist says it should not be the whey Protein drinks. He thinks it must be something environmental, but nothing for me has changed since surgery with my environment.

Sorry to take so long to respond. I haven't been on here in a while. My flare ups subsided after about a month or so. I still get the occasional flare up, the same as I did pre-surgery, but nothing like it was in those first few weeks. I did a bunch of research and I do believe it was just an autoimmune response to the trauma of the surgery.

I don't do Protein Shakes so know it's not Protein shakes.

In 7m post my neck has been bad with it . Had it since I was a kid. No flare up in forever. I don't drink milk which used to trigger. So no idea.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk