Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Post-Sleeve Rules Do You Break?

1 hour ago, Rach84 said:

I didn’t know this

I take pre-natal Vitamins. Per my doctor they are one of the best combinations a woman can take and she suggests prenatals for all her female patients pregnant or not. Since I took them with no issue when I was pregnant I just kept taking the same ones.

Could you tell me please which is most important the vitality or the Calcium

I weigh and track my weight every day.

I drink seltzer occasionally.

I had wine before 6 months.

I ate ZERO pureed foods and extended liquid phase then went to soft phase

I do not up my calories with exercise

I sometimes forget to take my Vitamins

I am still using Protein Shakes 5 months out

I didn't wait a year before drinking alcohol as advised. I think I only hung in there around 3 months. I don't drink a lot though, just a glass of wine occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G900P using BariatricPal mobile app

My doc let me drink occasionally at 3 months. So you're not breaking my rules [emoji851]

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 179.0 GW 135

I don't wait a half hour after drinking to eat. (I try not to drink while or immediately after I eat though!)

I drink through a straw all the time and have since nearly immediately after surgery.

I very occasionally have carbonated drinks... but never pepsi or coke bc I know those were my addiction before!

I got back to my swimming routine before I had my 6 week checkup with the surgeon.

I don't chew my food like I should. I eat carbs and the occasional sweet. And I don't beat myself up about any of it.

I sometimes sip a drink with meals

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I know this is supposed to be for fun, but I feel I have to say something. My best friend died after WLS. She died about a year post op due to not taking Vitamins. She insisted she didn’t need them, that she was getting vitamins from food. She said she was losing weight fine and didn’t want them because they made her feel sick. She died at the age of 28 and left behind 2 toddlers and a devastated family.

Many people say, “well my blood work is fine”. Vitamin deficiency actually takes a long time to show up in blood work (several months at least) due to the way your body tries to keep vitamins stored as a backup. By the time they are detected, oftentimes permanent damage is already done. Aside from death, deficiencies can cause irreversible damage to your body.

Please don’t be angered by my post. I really am not trying to lecture you. And maybe you know all of these things already. If so, then I apologize and you are of course free to do with your body whatever you please. But some people are just simply unaware of the possible consequences. I wish someone had come along and given this info to my friend and possibly saved her life.

Maybe there are other options for you such as a Vitamin Patch? Or the Tespo vitamin system which is just a once daily liquid “shot” of vitamins that doesn’t taste too badly actually.

I’m going to attach some screen shots of how vitamin deficiencies can effect your body. Again, I apologize if this is unwanted information. But maybe one person will find some use for it.

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

Excellent point! It is so important to ensure proper nutrition. It can cause all kinds of problems. I will never forget reading a woman's post that all of her teeth fell out. That will ensure that I personally will be stringent on all supplements. I have the Tespo and LOVE IT!

Yesterday I had real ice cream. I was really scared I'd never return to healthy eating. Today I did great. Followed my plan to a tee. I ordered these delicious WonderSlim products. They arrived today. The wafer Protein Bars are the best thing I've tasted in a long time. So I'm going to make better choices when I want something that's a 'cheat' like their bars. It feels like cheating but i know I'm not. I do believe we shouldn't abandon our fave foods. That would be depressing and unrealistic. So a little of something a little of the time is my motto.

I’m 8 weeks out and totally had a hard seltzer the other night. Low carb, low calorie, 5% alcohol. Naughty but so yummy.

Anyone start smoking again??

Just now, Amburmist said:

Anyone start smoking again??

I sure hope the answer is NO!

Just saying.

I have always sabotaged my weight loss over the years so I am scared t death to go through this surgery to just blow it in a few years. I know I won't follow the plan 100% but I need to be as careful as possible. My sister had the bypass and gained everything plus more because she ate too much and stretched her stomach out again. I hope I can stay on target after my surgery and make this a lifelong change.

I'm allowed 3 crackers with tuna or hummus etc. a day. for a few days I was eating that 2x - 3x a day. Then I wasn't really losing. So yesterday I stopped the crackers totally and lost a pound. Carbs are my enemy. Peanut Butter works fine to get my cravings. And for a crunch I feel I need I eat Moon Cheese from Starbucks. No carbs.

Carbs are very much my enemy, any cheating at all and I gain