Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Post-Sleeve Rules Do You Break?

I'm allowed 3 crackers with tuna or hummus etc. a day. for a few days I was eating that 2x - 3x a day. Then I wasn't really losing. So yesterday I stopped the crackers totally and lost a pound. Carbs are my enemy. Peanut Butter works fine to get my cravings. And for a crunch I feel I need I eat Moon Cheese from Starbucks. No carbs.

I'm 13 months out and about 15 pounds from my goal.
I drink flavored no calorie seltzer periodically.
I drink wine/bourbon/vodka perdiodically
I eat a bite of cake/sweets/chocolate/ice cream occasionally
I Eat bread occasionally
I live a normal life.
I've been drinking caffeine (with the blessing of my team) from the first day after surgery. It ensures that no felonies are committed.

HAHAHAHA! You and me babe, I've given up almost all my vices but take away my coffee and someone will get hurt!

I didn't wait a year before drinking alcohol as advised. I think I only hung in there around 3 months. I don't drink a lot though, just a glass of wine occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G900P using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok, GOD is a jokester, not really but check this out. I posted above that I had not broken any rules yet. Right after that, I went into the kitchen to cook up a zucchini cream Soup. While cutting up the zucchini into cubes I popped one in my mouth chewed the old way and then swallowed. I then stuck another one in and did the same thing before I noticed what I did. I am only on phase two of my diet. Talk about freaking out! That has been six hours ago and no problems yet. I held off on my last bottle of Water to give my stomach time to recover. I now have to check my temp every few hours to make sure I did not stretch my staple line causing a leak.

Hmmmm...

I drink from a straw.
I drink Water with meals.
I don't chew my food as well as I should.
I sometimes don't eat my Protein first (shhh).
I still struggle getting 64oz of water in a day.
I suck at a regular workout schedule.
My nutritionist says I eat too much cheese.
I sometimes forget to eat in the middle of the day and have only had Breakfast and it's too late for a full meal when I finally think about it.

Boy, I better stop there... <<walking away self-reflecting>>..

7 hours ago, JeffN said:

Ok, GOD is a jokester, not really but check this out. I posted above that I had not broken any rules yet. Right after that, I went into the kitchen to cook up a zucchini cream Soup. While cutting up the zucchini into cubes I popped one in my mouth chewed the old way and then swallowed. I then stuck another one in and did the same thing before I noticed what I did. I am only on phase two of my diet. Talk about freaking out! That has been six hours ago and no problems yet. I held off on my last bottle of Water to give my stomach time to recover. I now have to check my temp every few hours to make sure I did not stretch my staple line causing a leak.

You'll be fine. First thing when you stress things is pain. Since you didn't feel anything, you're ok. Zucchini, when well chewed, is going to be pretty soft. Just do better next time, but don't stress over this one.

I no longer chew 20X per bite, and I no longer take 25-30 minutes to finish a meal because of this.

I sometimes have regular 'Almond Joy' Creamer with coffee (1Tbsp only) instead of sugar free.

I eat less Protein and more veggies and ancient grains at every meal. Usually 1 1/2 oz. per meal of protein only. My stomach has a harder time with protein, and I NEVER ate a lot of it even before surgery. I also don't like the Constipation that I get from being on a protein centered diet. I do drink a Premier Protein shake to increase my protein amount, but would definitely not get over 40g of Protein daily without it.

I eat more fruit than I am supposed to. Sometimes I will make a meal of it. Watermelon, Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, a squeeze of lime and mint. My go to combination.

That is it. I really think from reading all of the earlier posts that Doctors' plans vary A LOT. Things that are no-no's on one plan are acceptable or even encouraged on another.

I'm 4 months out, have been having some major issues, but I have been trying to follow the rules I'm down 45lbs from where I started, my goal is 140. I have 30lbs to go. This is really a lifestyle change.

I have to know can I drink soda, or not have heard some stories that it causes a lot of pain, is this true.

5 hours ago, Dia4459 said:

I have to know can I drink soda, or not have heard some stories that it causes a lot of pain, is this true.

Ive had a diet coke on a couple occasions with no issues. I'm 10 months out but didn't allow myself to have any carbonation until at least 6 months post op. I personally have no interest to drink soda, I used to live on it but it just doesn't do anything for me anymore, but I do have one from time to time with no issues. If your going to do it stick to diet and listen to your body.

Hmmmm...
I drink from a straw.
I drink Water with meals.
I don't chew my food as well as I should.
I sometimes don't eat my Protein first (shhh).
I still struggle getting 64oz of water in a day.
I suck at a regular workout schedule.
My nutritionist says I eat too much cheese.
I sometimes forget to eat in the middle of the day and have only had breakfast and it's too late for a full meal when I finally think about it.
Boy, I better stop there... >..

What is this Tooom uch eeze you speak of?

Some people drink it fine, for others it causes pain. No way to know which you are. I'm four years out and it still causes pain for me (accidentally drank hubbys gin and tonic instead of my drink a couple months ago, so I know it still does!)

I am about 4.5 months post op now. I am only 5 pounds from my goal weight and I am very active. I am currently training for a half marathon.

I have been eating 1000-1250 calories daily since about 3 months post op.

at 3 months post op I decided to change my diet to WFPB

I eat HCLF

I only eat 40-50g of Protein daily

I started drinking my coffee at 2 weeks post op (allowed on my plan)

I take 3 Flintstones Complete chewables for my daily Vitamins

I only log my foods 2-3 days a week now to spot check my calories

I eat faster than I should

I drink a little with my meals if I need to