Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

conversion from sleeve

I would appreciate some feedback.

I had a gastric sleeve three years ago and reduced my excess weight by about 50%. My weight has been stable but a little higher than I hoped for two years.

However, because of the speed of the loss I now have gallstones and after a few episodes , I need to have my gallbladder removed.

My surgeon is adamant that I should have a conversion at the same time as I now have substantial problems with Gerd ( acid reflux) .

Before the initial surgery, I did not have this problem. The tablets at high dose and long term are regarded as unhealthy esp. given the family history of dementia.

My nutritionist is adamant that the change of procedure will not change how I eat since I am already very careful and disciplined

What are others experience of conversion please?

I have read online that conversion "solves" Gerd . What is the real life experience of others?

My surgeon is adamant that all dumping is because people eat wrong but my nutritionist says some people "just react that way". What is the experience of others please?

Because of the immediate need for the gall bladder surgery I have been given very little time to decide since they want to reduce anaesthetic and do the two together soonest.

Thanks for any advice/ practical experience.

I recently went in for a revision. I was in a similar situation. They were going in to remove part of my colon and I asked if the could upgrade my Sleeve. I’m in Week 5 now and it reminds me of when I first had BS. Do it! I had less than 48 hours to decide.

You won’t regret it.

HW 530

Sleeve SW 490

Revision SW 404

CW 352

I would appreciate some feedback.
I had a gastric sleeve three years ago and reduced my excess weight by about 50%. My weight has been stable but a little higher than I hoped for two years.
However, because of the speed of the loss I now have gallstones and after a few episodes , I need to have my gallbladder removed.
My surgeon is adamant that I should have a conversion at the same time as I now have substantial problems with Gerd ( acid reflux) .
Before the initial surgery, I did not have this problem. The tablets at high dose and long term are regarded as unhealthy esp. given the family history of dementia.
My nutritionist is adamant that the change of procedure will not change how I eat since I am already very careful and disciplined

What are others experience of conversion please?
I have read online that conversion "solves" Gerd . What is the real life experience of others?
My surgeon is adamant that all dumping is because people eat wrong but my nutritionist says some people "just react that way". What is the experience of others please?
Because of the immediate need for the gall bladder surgery I have been given very little time to decide since they want to reduce anaesthetic and do the two together soonest.
Thanks for any advice/ practical experience.

I'm not a conversion, but had RNY in June 2017. Pre surgery I had severe GERD. Since the bypass I have not had any GERD. I feel so much better. Granted I also had a large hiatal hernia repair at the same time.
Now, about dumping syndrome. I have experienced only a few times. One was because I drank too soon after eating, one was because I drank my Protein Shake too fast, and one for no reason at all. It is not pleasant when it happens, but I figured out that if I vomit I feel better immediately. Yuck! It's no fun.
I'd say go for it! Good luck and keep us posted!