Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY surgery date December 2017

I have gotten all of my paperwork and test results in for approval from my insurance! I received a call yesterday from my patient advocate and my next appointment is 11/1 And I will be getting my surgery date! It should be December! So close! Anybody else?

My name is Whitney. I have an Instagram under this handle but have yet to post anything if anyone would like to add me. I am from Mississippi. My start date of seeing my surgeon was March 15 this year. I will be at St. Francis in Memphis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BariatricPal mobile app

I have not gotten a date yet but my projected month is December 2017... I won't know for sure until middle November. I cannot wait

I am in Tennessee, but my surgery is at St Thomas in Nashville...

Edited by Hopep4673

We are all so close to our dates! For me, it doesn't feel real quite yet. I am getting ready for more food prep and all the stuff that goes with it.

What have y'all done so far in terms of getting ready for surgery? Bought Vitamins, plates, Portion Control containers, measured yourself...etc? Quit smoking or drinking carbonated drinks?

Yes we are!!! I feel the same way I don't think it will be real until I go for my educational class in Nov.
Yes I've been meal prepping for that last month. To get the my weight off before surgery. I have stopped drinking sodas. I limit my carb intake. Exercising some that part is slow but I'm getting better at it.

1 hour ago, numinousvessel said:

We are all so close to our dates! For me, it doesn't feel real quite yet. I am getting ready for more food prep and all the stuff that goes with it.

What have y'all done so far in terms of getting ready for surgery? Bought Vitamins, plates, Portion Control containers, measured yourself...etc? Quit smoking or drinking carbonated drinks?

I have quit carbonated drinks, trying to start not drinking when i eat (that not as easy as it sounds), also i work out 3 to 4 days a week...

I am 107 days tobacco free and about 25 free of the patch. I don't think about it anymore. Soda was hard, but I've done it before. I drink about 3 or 4 liters a day of Water a day and 2 glasses of coffee with unsweetened vanilla almlnd milk. I'm planning on getting a deep freeze for my house so I can prep stuff for my husband...otherwise he would literally eat microwaveable or pre made junk all the time. I've been experimenting with recipes that are low carb. I've been also working on my sugar intake as my a1c is a 6.8.

The drinking thing is going to be hard for me too. I constantly have my bottle of water with me. Working out will have to wait...i have autoimmune stuff that's been flaring since the hurricanes. I do stretch daily, but I plan on going to our local indoor pool.

My date is tentatively Dec. 14th. Fingers crossed!

My projected date is December 18th. My insurance requires 6 months of working with a nutritionist and I have two more of those visits before the coordinator submits to them for approval. I've also completed most of the other requirements that the insurance/surgeon's program have. Really it's just the two more nutritionist visits, the pre-op appts/testing and insurance approval I need. :-)

In prep

- Water intake increase and timing with meals. Increased well but timing is still a struggle.

- focusing on food order when eating: Protein, veggies/fruits, healthy carbs (overall just reducing my carb intake)

- reducing/eliminating added sugar

- Testing out Protein Shakes and sipping broths (haven't tested any broths but purchased some to try this week)

- experimenting with foods that I will eat later and ways to change it up + get more protein. Ex. using a Protein Shake to make overnight oats, adding cottage cheese to meats in lieu of sour cream, etc (surprisingly better than it sounds) I also experiment in ways to make it as convenient as possible.

Another surprising thing with the food experiment... freeze dried foods! Especially given portion requirements. Yes, like the ones you might take camping or pack away for emergencies. I got them from a more health-focused site so there aren't additives and such. We need to eat more "moistly" post-surgery as well, so I just added a little extra water. I ended up with a bit of pork broth to have with my pulled pork. It was good. (This is the only meat so far I have tried. Let me know if you have questions about this thought process/experiment.)

- Started taking the Vitamins. I am not remembering the Calcium as well though, but I do have it.

- Still struggling to up the exercise. :-/

- Eliminating alcohol, caffeine, soda. I had already eliminated alcohol for the most part anyway. Caffeine was rare and soda even more rare. I would indulge before though when I *really* wanted it. I'm working to not do that.

- Thinking of and trying to already apply alternatives to distract me when I think I want to eat.

- Thinking of non-food activities to do socially.

Sorry, this is a really long list! But I think I have pretty much covered what I've been working on over the past few months.