Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 1 week post op and I am losing weight like crazy. I have already lost 20lbs. I got on the scale this morning and I gained 2lbs. I'm not understanding how. I have been struggling getting in my Protein and my Water. Could this be the reason why I gained the 2lbs? I hate my Protein Shakes so I've been trying to eat more tuna and etc. When I drink my water I feel a lot of pressure in my chest then it's like I can feel it as it goes down my esophagus. Well, Sometimes when I'm eating too. It feels very uncomfortable. Has anyone experience this? Any advice is helpful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I guess my first red flag/question is one week post op and eating tuna? It just seems at one week out that eating something solid like tuna does not make much sense but every Doc is different. As for going up one or two pounds that could be something as simple as Water retention from sodium intake. As for Protein Shakes I am two years out and still do them, so this might be something you want to kind of get use to.

What your feeling is normal everything is swollen and it takes time to get back to what normal will be discuss with your dr what you should be eating and extreme amounts of weight loss to prevent issues from coming up it's been my experience that they usually have you on liquids for a period of time and work way up to thicker liquids mushy foods then ease into solids over time pls see your dr or nurse for instructions

So I'm 1 week post op and I am losing weight like crazy. I have already lost 20lbs. I got on the scale this morning and I gained 2lbs. I'm not understanding how. I have been struggling getting in my Protein and my Water. Could this be the reason why I gained the 2lbs? I hate my Protein Shakes so I've been trying to eat more tuna and etc. When I drink my water I feel a lot of pressure in my chest then it's like I can feel it as it goes down my esophagus. Well, Sometimes when I'm eating too. It feels very uncomfortable. Has anyone experience this? Any advice is helpful.

I was on Clear Liquids in the hospital and day after. Then full liquids for two weeks after that. I had a difficult time with the liquids in the first week. I can't imagine eating tuna or eating at all. I am on my fourth week and I get full quickly. I can still feel the water get stuck if I drink too quickly. Same with foods. I'm just starting on fish, chicken and Beans w/cheese and I eat very slowly and chew alot so I don't get that feeling.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I guess my first red flag/question is one week post op and eating tuna? It just seems at one week out that eating something solid like tuna does not make much sense but every Doc is different. As for going up one or two pounds that could be something as simple as Water retention from sodium intake. As for Protein Shakes I am two years out and still do them, so this might be something you want to kind of get use to.

I can understand were you are coming from. I'm on the step two diet and the instructions that was giving to me was I can eat anything that can fit through a funnel. So if it is mashed up really well and it is soft then I can eat it. I get the pre made tunn that comes in the package. There only 1$ you can get them at dollar tree. There very high in Protein and it comes pretty well smashed up. That 1 packaged can last me all day. My portion is very small but I can eat things like that. I will definitely try some new flavors in my protein shakes. Thanks for your comment and your advice.

What your feeling is normal everything is swollen and it takes time to get back to what normal will be discuss with your dr what you should be eating and extreme amounts of weight loss to prevent issues from coming up it's been my experience that they usually have you on liquids for a period of time and work way up to thicker liquids mushy foods then ease into solids over time pls see your dr or nurse for instructions

Ok, thanks for the tips. I'm on that stage now with being able to eat mushy foods. I will definitely check to make sure my interpretation of mushy foods is the same as what there meaning of mushy foods is.

I was on clear liquids in the hospital and day after. Then full liquids for two weeks after that. I had a difficult time with the liquids in the first week. I can't imagine eating tuna or eating at all. I am on my fourth week and I get full quickly. I can still feel the Water get stuck if I drink too quickly. Same with foods. I'm just starting on fish, chicken and Beans w/cheese and I eat very slowly and chew alot so I don't get that feeling.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh ok, I understand. I guess that's what can be confusing because I was off of being on all liquids when I left the hospital. I'm allowed to eat anything that can fit through a funnel or that is mushy. I can even eat chille. It's definitely true that every Dr is different. I see my Dr on Monday so I will definitely review everything with her to be on the safe side. Thanks for your advice.

I just found something called Isopure at my pre-op apt yesterday. It is like flavored water and has 40g of Protein with zero carbs or sugar. I stocked up on them since I am getting my sleeve on Tuesday. They have a lot of flavors such as Lemon Tea, Apple Watermelon, Orange, ect.

I just found something called Isopure at my pre-op apt yesterday. It is like flavored water and has 40g of Protein with zero carbs or sugar. I stocked up on them since I am getting my sleeve on Tuesday. They have a lot of flavors such as Lemon Tea, Apple Watermelon, Orange, ect.

I love isopure

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Your steps are different than mine. Our step two is anything that can fit through a solid mesh strainer. It is pretty much creamed Soups, baby food and Jello for me. I was told meats I would not be able to get down until 4 weeks or so. The 2 pounds is probably just Fluid. Our natural weights are constantly adjusting. I would not imagine it is fat. You would have had to consume 7k calories to have gained 2 pounds.

27 minutes ago, mw2543 said:

We got to keep in touch.

Sure thing. Support is very important through this journey

Lisa

Don't forget your hormones are still confused from surgery and weight loss. It evens out as your body strives to find new balance.

You've got this!

Sent from my XT1575 using BariatricPal mobile app