Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Appetite suddenly gone almost 3months out.

I've had hunger since surgery. But this last week. I just don't want to or feel like eating. I had 4 ounce of Protein this after noon . 8 pm now so to late to eat and feel abit odd today. Cals for this week have been low. But I thought you eat when hungry. Last week I was eating more often as was hungry. Now 300 cal for the day and I'm done. Is this okay ? Weekends are higher I think not sure about this weekend as I feel like I won't have much of an appetite.

Can the ghrenlin removal start working now?

I never had hunger the first year. However there are just hungry days and not hungry days. It is easy to forget to eat.

No 300 calories isn't okay and you should remember to eat.

The one thing I liked about tracking my food was my app reminded me to eat.

I'm 3 months and get hungry and no problem eating. I try to stay under 1000 calories. I was struggling with lots of hunger and only getting in around 500 cal the first 6 weeks but not really after that. I would eat even if not hungry bc you need to meet your nutritional needs with Protein and vegetables of you can't get anything else in.

I'm 3 months and get hungry and no problem eating. I try to stay under 1000 calories. I was struggling with lots of hunger and only getting in around 500 cal the first 6 weeks but not really after that. I would eat even if not hungry bc you need to meet your nutritional needs with Protein and vegetables of you can't get anything else in.

Do the bariatric Soups have enough protein and veggies in them for the first two weeks?

Sent from my SM-S550TL using BariatricPal mobile app

Do the bariatric Soups have enough Protein and veggies in them for the first two weeks?

Not that I found but I bought genpro unflavored Protein Powder to add to my Soup.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

The one thing I liked about tracking my food was my app reminded me to eat.

Which app were you using? Does an alarm go off?

I didn't think about this option. I haven't looked lately, but certainly in the beginning, foodie apps didn't fit with my Bariatric way of eating. While I'm still struggling to eat more than 2.5 ounces at a time, regular reminders could be helpful.
Though my NUT talks about grazing and dangers of eating too often, so there's conflict.

Which app were you using? Does an alarm go off?

I didn't think about this option. I haven't looked lately, but certainly in the beginning, foodie apps didn't fit with my Bariatric way of eating. While I'm still struggling to eat more than 2.5 ounces at a time, regular reminders could be helpful.
Though my NUT talks about grazing and dangers of eating too often, so there's conflict.

Baritastic is a good app that focuses on Protein, Water, carbs. It has a reminder function, I added one for Vitamins.< br>
What are the dangers of eating too often? I don't have my post op class until October as it takes 6 weeks to get to solids on my surgeon's plan.

My WLS group's goal for all patients is 3 squares/day. Mind you, by the end of the 2 year program. Obviously I can't get all of my requirements in 3 meals right now, but once I can, I won't need more meals.
Their point is, eating 5-6 small meals a day (every 2 hours or so) leads to grazing on food all day. Your metabolism/body gets confused on the nearly constant supply of food source, that it's not able to utilize it properly. Having decent breaks between balanced meals gives your digestive system the opportunity to perform it's sole purpose in the way we were designed to work. Eating smaller, yet more frequent meals may lead to less desirable habits, and food choices, and mindless "grazing".

My WLS group's goal for all patients is 3 squares/day. Mind you, by the end of the 2 year program. Obviously I can't get all of my requirements in 3 meals right now, but once I can, I won't need more meals.
Their point is, eating 5-6 small meals a day (every 2 hours or so) leads to grazing on food all day. Your metabolism/body gets confused on the nearly constant supply of food source, that it's not able to utilize it properly. Having decent breaks between balanced meals gives your digestive system the opportunity to perform it's sole purpose in the way we were designed to work. Eating smaller, yet more frequent meals may lead to less desirable habits, and food choices, and mindless "grazing".

Thank you for that perspective. I can barely rat 3 meals a day now, but it's good to have that in mind as I work on my routine. I had previously read eating every 3 hours was best. Prior to surgery I was eating 3x with 2 optional Snacks. I honestly never ate more than 2x per day before but I ate poor choices and large portions. I think the sleeve was a perfect choice for me because of that.

6 hours ago, trying4me said:

... but it's good to have that in mind as I work on my routine....

I can say that I've tried to have that in the back of my mind as I work on mine, but it's waaaay faaaar in the back of my mind. :)

I believe they told me this, as we stop meeting as often, so I can have my goals to shoot for. But heck! I've got to work up to 4oz of Protein, plus vegs and fruits first! That's so far away from me right now, (sounds like you are about the same with eating) I'm tucking it away for future reference. Then we will see how things progress. There are many food lifestyle options as our roads widen a bit further along.

Do the bariatric Soups have enough Protein and veggies in them for the first two weeks?

I want even allowed to add veggies that soon. I meant at 3 mos you should have them incorporated back into your diet. At 2 weeks I was still trying to sip Water and take soft foods. They didn't have me focusing on my protein goal quite that early. But each doctor is different from what I've seen.