Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Working out and weightloss

Hey guys I'm back.

So since last couple of weeks I been doing so much better. Thoughts have changed but now I'm struggling with a new problem. Weightloss. So I started my first Water aerobic class and I felt great but even though it's only been a day I feel like my appetite has increased. It makes me a little worried. I really want to get out of the 300s and into the 200s but I have to lose this 15 pounds. I feel like I'm losing weight slow but someone said it's progress. Idk anyone has advice or something

Tiffani

I just started running again and noticed my appetite increased. Talked to my NUT, she said the appetite increase is to be expected. As loans as I follow the rules (protein first), I'll still be in a deficit and will lose. The rate of loss may decrease but the benefits of exercise is worth it for me.

So far it hasn't affected my weight... but I s only been a few weeks.

I started running and the past week my appetite is more but I'm still losing. I just make sure if I grab something it's high in Protein and low in everything else!

...I started exercising a few weeks ago. I noticed the same thing. I found on the days that I am super hungry all day no matter what I eat or drink, I lose a large amount the next day (~1 lb) on the scale. When it happens to me, I double down on my Protein Shakes to get some extra Protein in, try to drink more Water and try to enjoy my metabolism finally figuring out how to work again :) good luck!

Try upping your Water and then if you are hungry eat chicken or something really high Protein. Doesn't have to be much. But it's OK to eat if you're hungry, the trick is to make the right choices. When I exercise more I need more protein. Sometimes I finish my run or yoga and then go shove my face into some roasted chicken and eat like an animal. And I LOVE it. lol! I love my chicken. Carbs/sugars post exercise? Don't do it! Water and Protein?? Hells yes!

Exercise increases your appetite. That is why I don't do it.

I try to give myself an extra protien boost on my gym days. So if I have a spin class at 5pm- I eat a Protein Bar at 3pm or have a Protein Shake after the class. Your body will need some extra “food” for working out. If I don’t eat an extra snack or meal 2 hours-ish before a workout I feel very faint and have almost blacked out in class. We are in such low calories you need to help yourself out. Also too much restriction can lead to a stall as well. Keep working out and eating healthy and u will lose. When you have an extra snack or meal on workout day as long as it isn’t a cheeseburger and frys it is totally fine!

I need to eat 150-200 extra calories on days I swim. I generally swim laps for about an hour. If I don't eat those extra calories I gain a little weight. When I eat them I drop faster than not working out at all.

HW-292 • SW (6/29/17) 256.6 • CW 212.8