Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you take to the hospital?

A phone is essential. I only slept for 10-15 minutes at a time and texted people or cruised social media.

I also downloaded a bunch of shows from Netflix on my iPad, which I watched basically the whole next day I was there (discharged 6-7pm). I woke up around 7am and just sat in a chair downing fluids because I had to drink x number of oz before I could be released and the hospital bed was so painful I couldn’t handle a second night. Netflix saved my ass. Didn’t want to deal with the hospital TV

A phone is essential. I only slept for 10-15 minutes at a time and texted people or cruised social media.

I also downloaded a bunch of shows from Netflix on my iPad, which I watched basically the whole next day I was there (discharged 6-7pm). I woke up around 7am and just sat in a chair downing fluids because I had to drink x number of oz before I could be released and the hospital bed was so painful I couldn’t handle a second night. Netflix saved my ass. Didn’t want to deal with the hospital TV

Sounds like we experienced the same sleep issues. I was woken up every 10 minutes by the oxygen alarm going off! Apparently, I am a "mouth breather". The nurse was really sweet, but pretty new. She kept telling me that she would rather come down every time it went off to make sure I was still breathing (instead of taking me off the oxygen, which I highly suggested). I finally just stayed awake and played with my phone. I thought about Netflix, but decided I was a little too stoned to follow a program (I am also apparently very sensitive to the anesthesia). Luckily, my hospital bed was very comfortable. Northern Nevada Medical is an amazing hospital!

I had surgery 9 days ago. I brought tons of stuff to keep myself busy BC I knew I had to stay overnight. I thought I was going to be bored but honestly all I did (and wanted to do) was sleep and then I had to walk around obviously. But I was in pain and the pain medicine always knocked me out. So if I could change what I brought it would have been just my change of clothes.

Edited by Samib226
Adding words

Sounds like we experienced the same sleep issues. I was woken up every 10 minutes by the oxygen alarm going off! Apparently, I am a "mouth breather". The nurse was really sweet, but pretty new. She kept telling me that she would rather come down every time it went off to make sure I was still breathing (instead of taking me off the oxygen, which I highly suggested). I finally just stayed awake and played with my phone. I thought about Netflix, but decided I was a little too stoned to follow a program (I am also apparently very sensitive to the anesthesia). Luckily, my hospital bed was very comfortable. Northern Nevada Medical is an amazing hospital!

I have issues with finger monitors getting a low o2 read even though my body is totally oxygenated so the nurse set my alarm at 87 but the jerks downstairs somewhere kept changing it back to 92 so as soon as I’d fall asleep it would go off.

I also must be sensitive to anesthesia. The night felt so awful I hardly touched my pain pump. I just felt so out of it and needed sleep but nope.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:34 AM, PrayingForWeightLoss said:

Pyjama bottoms definitely. As we all know, hospital gowns are business in the front party at the back. You will need to wear a pair when you start walking off the gas on the ward.

This is what I was looking for. I'm making my list and I wasn't sure if I should pj bottoms on it, but if I'm up and walking, I want my bum covered!!

This is what I was looking for. I'm making my list and I wasn't sure if I should pj bottoms on it, but if I'm up and walking, I want my bum covered!!

When I walked I just put a second gown around my shoulders. Honestly, even if you walk with your ass hanging out, no one will care. I didn’t wear anything but my gown and super sexy mesh undies cause my uterus hates me.

6 hours ago, KateBruin said:

When I walked I just put a second gown around my shoulders. Honestly, even if you walk with your ass hanging out, no one will care. I didn’t wear anything but my gown and super sexy mesh undies cause my uterus hates me.

My uterus and I are definitely not friends. I'm scared I'll end up in the same boat lol. As it stands now, the app I use to track it has it down for about a week later, but I've seen several stories from women that had their's start in the hospital....

My uterus and I are definitely not friends. I'm scared I'll end up in the same boat lol. As it stands now, the app I use to track it has it down for about a week later, but I've seen several stories from women that had their's start in the hospital....

I take my birth control back to back so I haven’t had a period since maybe 2008. Was still on BC but my uterus said eff you. It wasn’t bad but especially annoying when you’re super drugged and wearing their massive pads and mesh undies [emoji85]

I have a week to go. I've barely started packing. I did put my slippers and extra pillow in because I have a furbaby who thinks my slippers are chew toys, best to keep it out of his sight. Mostly all I've been doing is making metal lists. I really should type them up on evernote so I won't forget anything. I know I'll be bringing some extra pajamas and underwear because my genetic history has a weak bladder. Of course chargers and cords, extension cord, my sleep earphones because I love classical music and soft jazz to sleep to. I'll keep working on my list. Thanks for the extra ideas.

I have a week to go. I've barely started packing. I did put my slippers and extra pillow in because I have a furbaby who thinks my slippers are chew toys, best to keep it out of his sight. Mostly all I've been doing is making metal lists. I really should type them up on evernote so I won't forget anything. I know I'll be bringing some extra pajamas and underwear because my genetic history has a weak bladder. Of course chargers and cords, extension cord, my sleep earphones because I love classical music and soft jazz to sleep to. I'll keep working on my list. Thanks for the extra ideas.

I brought a blanket, pajama, slippers, robe, 2 pairs of clean socks and undies, chapstick, cell phone and charger, meds, brush, pony tail things and comfy clothes to wear home.

Had surgery, no problems, but slept for 12 hours after. Oh I had nausea and threw up two times right after surgery in the recovery room, which caused me to pee the bed so I had to get up so they could change everything.

Now I've been walking walking walking so I can go home tomorrow. I feel great with minimal pain right now but I know they put pain relieving stuff in my iv.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

I brought:

-Comfy clothes to go in and go home in

-iPad loaded with shows

-iPhone/ iPod with podcasts on it

-Chargers (and a power bank)

-Interesting Book

-Journal and pen

-Eye mask

-Paw Paw cream for my chapped lips

-Noise cancelling headphones

-Slippers

-Breath spray

-Deodorant

-Air freshener

-Couple pairs of fresh undies

-Soft bra with no underwire

-Folder for all my documents (forms etc).

Hope this helps!!! [emoji933][emoji161]

I brought:

phone. IPad and charger

lip balm and lotion!!!!!!!!! You'll want it.

Comfy change of clothes and extra underwear.

A sports bra to go home in

a folder to put any paperwork in

hair brush, cetaphil face wash, baby wipes, deodorant, toothbrush and paste, rubber bands and head band , panty liners. I have oily skin so I washed my face a few times and wanted my hair away from my face. You also feel much more human washing up... Your face and body with wipes and then deodorant even if it is a "bus station bath."

I seriously wondered if I had a sleeve done. I was 67, took l pain pill at home. I wish everyone had such an experience!

I hope I have an easy time of it - I am 62 and scheduled early January.