Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Month Diet Requirement

I have Cigna Insurance with a 3 month diet requirement. My last appointment is set for October 13th which is exactly 87 days of the diet program. I'm wondering if I need to try to set my doctor's appointment back because I heard they may deny you if it's not a full 90 days. Just wondering if they go by three separate months or actually count each individual day?

Good question... i am going to call and ask my patient advocate today.

Thank you so much for checking into that for me. Is your patient advocste from Cigna or from your hospital program? I don't have an advocate.

mine if from my hospital, According to her it is 3 appts in 3 months they go by the month not the number of days... she says that is the case for most insurance so if u have a 3 month requirement then 1 appt aprox 4 weeks apart in 3 separate months is good

Thank so much for the info I truly do appreciate it.

Well, received a call that I did not pass my sleep Apnea test so while I was on the phone with the PA, I asked about the three month diet requirement. She said Cigna is a stickler about that and they actually count the days and it must be at least 90 days for approval. So now I have to back up my last PCP appointment and concern myself with the Sleep Apnea treatment.

i have cigna and it was a 3 months requirement for me too but my surgeons office made me do 4 months so i wouldn't have no issues

• Actually I had four appointments. The first appointment on July 18th was basically for setting up the plan for goals and expectations. My last appointment will be October 17, which will be 91 days.

They count every single day and you cannot be off by a day

Thanks for the info but yea, that's what I already heard. Due to unforeseen circumstances I was forced to back my insurance submission up to 94 days anyway. So many obstacles seem to always come up that I've lost some of the excitement.

I finally got everything submitted to Cigna on Tuesday 10/24. This is turning out to be the longest weekend just waiting and praying. I'm also praying for a November surgery date. My surgeons office said they don't assign surgery dates until after they get insurance approval. I'm hoping Magee Hospital is not backed up or has a waiting list.