Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your favorite cliche expression that you wish you didn't use?

When mispronounced French words appear in commercials this drives me right around the twist. The advert campaign for the movie Moulin Rouge never failed to make me grind my teeth in fury. (FYI the sound for the French "in" as in Moulin is always pronounced like a nasal an as in the word "and" - and not ever like a nasal on.)

Come to think about it, the campaign behind the movie Chocolat also bothered me big time; the terminal "t" is not supposed to be pronounced, you see.

I have no problems with regular folk mangling language, of course. It is when a multi-million dollar campaign does that I get quite pissed off. Afterall, they've got the dollars to get it right.

One of my biggest pet peeves is to hear someone mean to say asked, and it's AXE'D.

Skin crawling here, too....

How about if someone goes to the liberry?

Or, here's one I hear in the office daily, and it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.... My boss doesn't CLICK something with his mouse, he CLIPS on it.

EEEEEESH!!

omg YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD...

I can not stand when someone says axe'd...I want to KILL THEM.

But I have the mouth of a dirty sailor, so who am I to talk??? lol...

When mispronounced French words appear in commercials this drives me right around the twist. The advert campaign for the movie Moulin Rouge never failed to make me grind my teeth in fury. (FYI the sound for the French "in" as in Moulin is always pronounced like a nasal an as in the word "and" - and not ever like a nasal on.)

Come to think about it, the campaign behind the movie Chocolat also bothered me big time; the terminal "t" is not supposed to be pronounced, you see.

I have no problems with regular folk mangling language, of course. It is when a multi-million dollar campaign does that I get quite pissed off. Afterall, they've got the dollars to get it right.

I love the movie Chocolat! I will watch it again today if I have time, and I'm with you on French pronunciations.

I work for a software consulting agency who does business with a company who has an office is podunk Pennsylvania. My favorites from them:

"Yeah, I seen that email"

"Are yunz ready to go to lunch" yunz replaces y'all I believe.

Ebonics in general irritates the crap out of me. My husband calls it the slow murder of the English language.

I say "like" too much. I also curse alot, and I say "oh my god" too much.

I work for a software consulting agency who does business with a company who has an office is podunk Pennsylvania. My favorites from them:

"Yeah, I seen that email"

"Are yunz ready to go to lunch" yunz replaces y'all I believe.

Ebonics in general irritates the crap out of me. My husband calls it the slow murder of the English language.

I say "like" too much. I also curse alot, and I say "oh my god" too much.

I thought they only use "yunz" down here in Tennessee.

I work with a lady who refuses to pronounce long Us. She says then short, as in "umm." She knows better, she just doesn't do it.

She wants to borrow my cal-cuh-later

Or she looks through binocuhlerrs

I have a hard time getting "ingo" right, but only with some words. With these, it comes out kind of like there's no g, and a nasal n. I can say "bingo" just fine, but if we're talking about the Beatles, it's kind of like "Rinho."

I totally cannot stand it when I hear "MY BAD" Drives me nuts. HATE IT. personally I have a mouth like a truck driver (not in a bad way, a colorful way!) I really could learn to control that a bit more than I do, but what if I started saying my bad, I would drive ME crazy, so I rather just swear.

I use the F word WAY too much. I love it, its such an expressive word, it fits every situation, lol. I use it all the time, and my kids do not need to hear it.

That and the word bogan. A bogan in Melbourne is someone who lives probably in the outer western suburbs (not the best part of Melbourne) or in the very outer South Eastern suburbs. Russell Crowe is a HUGE bogan. He's a cashed up bogan - someone from a poor, working class background with no couth, no culture and no class who's rough and uneducated and has a lot of money - there's loads of cashed up bogans these days, but he's the worst.

Australian men are not all like russell crowe with his horrid ocker accent, his slack face, that roughness about him. Yuck, he's utterly repulsive. He's a bogan.

But I complain about bogans all the time becuase I live in a bogan suburb I'm pathetically ashamed of it, because I dont ever want to be thought of as one. Not that I'm any better, lol - white middle class priviledged princess that I am - and that's why I shouldnt use the F word!

Ok...on the topic of Chocolat....

Never ever EVER had better sex than after watching that movie!!!

GOOD TIMES!

Rain

Definitely a "feel good" movie!

That's funny. The high school I went to in Chicago was Bogan H.S.

I say absolutootely

I use the phrase:

"Sucks to be you, but I'm alright" waaaay too much.

I really have to work harder at not dropping the F-bomb.

I frequently say "Schnikes" (pronounced schn-eye-kees) and it makes my DH nuts.

That's funny. The high school I went to in Chicago was Bogan H.S.

Lol, you'd NEVER live that down in Melbourne.

In Sydney they're called Westies and in Brisbane they're Bevans. But bogan is becoming a national saying.

You probably have the type too, similar to a redneck but in an Australianised way.

"Oh my GOD are you serious"!

I use this for everything!

"If you knew better you would do better".

"People are going to be who they are no matter what you do to try and change them".

"Men only do to you what you allow them to do to you".(during my bitter knowledge phase).

"Why can't people just do right?"

This is a cool thread!