Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEALTHY Vegan/Vegetarian Recipe Swap and Pics!

1 hour ago, niseys4 said:

Hmmm looks yummy! Ima try it too! Ive never eaten Indian food before!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s sogood (to me). I even ate it for dinner again tonight. My husband says it’s an acquired taste, but I’ve always enjoyed it. The recipe I did is super easy and cheap. It could be your first of Indian food, if you make it. Yum!

On 9/21/2017 at 9:22 PM, Newme17 said:

No fancy dinner tonight. Hit the gym earlier and came home ravenously hungry. I did a quick small kale salad with strawberries, feta, and some pepitas. Drizzled a little bit of the Olive Garden brand house dressing on it. It's pretty good though. Tomorrow, I plan to have another kale salad. One I've made before, last week, I think! Lol. I'll share a pic then too. Here's tonight's little put together salad.

So far I'm having trouble with raw veggies, but as soon as I am able, I'm trying this! It has lots of my favorite ingredients.

2 hours ago, Nhope said:

So far I'm having trouble with raw veggies, but as soon as I am able, I'm trying this! It has lots of my favorite ingredients.

I hope it doesn't last long for you then, cause this quick salad is amazing! I eat it quite often. :)

Classic....I forget the pic. But my hubby made this recipe today. He doesn’t ever do a variation, so it is what it is. It’s pretty good and yummy. Spanish chickpeas and rice. I think I’ve made this before....

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/06/spanish-chickpeas-and-rice/

0B4CD3D0-CB35-4CDF-BCE7-B204D03F68FF.jpeg

Hey everyone. Sorry, it’s been a while. I made an Indian dish called Chana Saag. First time making it. It’s vegetarian and smells so good. I’ll be serving it over rice for my hubby. No rice for me—still makes me too full too fast. Super easy recipe too, hope y’all can try t out sometime. I added extra curry.

4F28E465-FD47-47BB-B2EC-C099D6B524EB.thumb.jpeg.a085038a8109f5601fcaaae1279a5cad.jpeg
046AF15A-0858-4130-9384-DBDF2114BF11.thumb.jpeg.d2f39dc7db18a44993ab62e77ba46ad3.jpeg

Hi,

Curious if you used the milk or did a substitution? Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/23/2017 at 7:37 PM, woo woo said:

Hi,

Curious if you used the milk or did a substitution? Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

I did use the milk. I teeter totter between vegan and vegetarian meals. This one was awesome, but I’m wondering if I decided to substitute with maybe some almond milk and to thicken it up with a tad bit of cornstarch might do. ???? Not exactly sure what evaporated milk is made of or how it’s made. I guess I’ll look it up!

Yikes! As much as I really don’t care of the calorie content of evaporated milk, it really is pretty high. I may or may not try a substitute next time.

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

I did use the milk. I teeter totter between vegan and vegetarian meals. This one was awesome, but I’m wondering if I decided to substitute with maybe some almond milk and to thicken it up with a tad bit of cornstarch might do. ???? Not exactly sure what evaporated milk is made of or how it’s made. I guess I’ll look it up!

Maybe use a coconut milk? I know I use it whenever I make curry and the flavors works so well.

I found a recipe for garbanzo bean potato curry that I am going to make this week. I'll post it up when I make it. I am making chicken Soup tonight at my families request. It is a tradition as soon as we get 50 f weather I make the soup...lol

I know it is not vegan, but you have to let them have their meat once in a while.

42 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Maybe use a coconut milk?

Great suggestion. Thanks!

enjoy the chicken soup! 😁

On 9/24/2017 at 0:21 PM, Precious517 said:

Wow....! Everything you post looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing. I'm seriously thinking about becoming vegan.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Be careful, though-it looks like Newme17 is vegetarian, not vegan. Not judging or calling her out, just letting you know.

26 minutes ago, TurtleGirl said:

Be careful, though-it looks like Newme17 is vegetarian, not vegan. Not judging or calling her out, just letting you know.

I do believe @Newme17 has always identified all of her recipes as vegan or vegetarian depending on what it is so people will know, if it matters to them.

I'm not sure why the warning is necessary?? Just really wondering.

1 hour ago, TurtleGirl said:

though-it looks like Newme17 is vegetarian, not vegan.

I don’t consider myself one or the other. I don’t care for labels, but I do tend to say whether the dish is a vegan or vegetarian one, as my dear friend @Apple1 mentioned. But it’s ultimately up to the person to figure out a recipe if I decide not to mention it. Also keep in mind this thread is specifically labeled Vegan/Vegetarian.

Edited by Newme17

14 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Not exactly sure what evaporated milk is made of or how it’s made.

Regular (or skim) milk simmered until the Water content falls ... i.e. 'evaporates'.

Some companies can it or put it in tetra packs.