Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEALTHY Vegan/Vegetarian Recipe Swap and Pics!

I've been saving recipes on Pinterest ALL DAY... LOL

9 hours ago, Rita913 said:

I've been saving recipes on Pinterest ALL DAY... LOL

I do the same. Always finding something else to save. You can even post a pic of your meals and put a comment down for other Pinterest-ers. I do that periodically.

@FluffyChix I made the Quick Lasagna Bowl with the exceptions of NOT having the "super greens trio" and I peeled and cut a large green zucchini instead of yellow squash (because I'm just starting soft foods).

It was absolutely delicious! It had the best flavor (maybe because I sauteed mushrooms in about a Tbsp. of Smart Balance/olive oil and added a little garlic powder towards the end & a splash of chardonnay until it cooked off - or it may be the recommended Central Market Taste of Italy Marinara, but it was awesome! I did more mushrooms (a small container). I also baked in the oven instead of microwave - because I don't have a round glass bowl & thought it might taste better (so no pre cooking the egg/cottage cheese mixture in my case, since it was baked all together in the oven).

Quick Veggie Lasagna.jpg

@OmaJ Oh mah gawd, that looks so delectable!! Love your version of it. I will have to try it.

Just had my husband slice up a bunch of green and red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms sautéed a little bit and throw some raspberry chipotle sauce (got free from the store-probably when I bought some meat in the past. Lol) on it over some rice. Yum! 😁 sorry no pic again!!!!

We had Thai curry again tonight. I made it with the red paste this time. Yummy 😋

7 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

We had Thai curry again tonight. I made it with the red paste this time. Yummy 😋

I’ve got to try it soon. Maybe over the weekend so I can make it. Hubby may not pay much attention....lol.

Sounds delicioso! Yum-mo! :P:D

How are guys posting your pics on this site? I would like to learn how to do it so that I can share my accomplishments & recipes too!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

I know this isn't a recipe, but it is a delicious organic snack that I found which is healthy and vegan.

IMG_0570.thumb.JPG.7b57950b6ccc5f0237fbbc889317ace8.JPG
IMG_0574.thumb.JPG.f378cd0587714dee298ff77618845455.JPG
IMG_0575.thumb.JPG.71e9ee2969097235c00ec22918b07a0b.JPG

Isn't this horrible, from a fat/sat fat perspective? I wouldn't have thought this was 'safe' to eat, nutritionally speaking. I'm new to the whole 'reading the back of product labels', so please let me know otherwise. Looks delicious! Just doesn't look healthy on the back of the package. Am I wrong? Please help me understand how, if so. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Amburmist said:

Isn't this horrible, from a fat/sat fat perspective? I wouldn't have thought this was 'safe' to eat, nutritionally speaking. I'm new to the whole 'reading the back of product labels', so please let me know otherwise. Looks delicious! Just doesn't look healthy on the back of the package. Am I wrong? Please help me understand how, if so. Thanks!

It is a snack that I would eat occasionally because of the fat content. It is healthy because the fats are coming from the coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds,chia seeds. The sugar content is about at my max at 6g. Because my overall diet is low in fats a treat every now and then works. Most nuts and seeds are high in fat, but they are still very nutritious for us to eat as long as we are careful with the portions.

P.S. Here is a link explaining the health beneifts of eating nuts and seeds. It has a table listing the fat, sat fat content of several types of nuts/seeds.

https://navs-online.org/articles/nuts-seeds/

It is a snack that I would eat occasionally because of the fat content. It is healthy because the fats are coming from the coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds,chia seeds. The sugar content is about at my max at 6g. Because my overall diet is low in fats a treat every now and then works. Most nuts and seeds are high in fat, but they are still very nutritious for us to eat as long as we are careful with the portions.
P.S. Here is a link explaining the health beneifts of eating nuts and seeds. It has a table listing the fat, sat fat content of several types of nuts/seeds.
https://navs-online.org/articles/nuts-seeds/

Perfect, thank u!

2 minutes ago, Amburmist said:

Perfect, thank u!

You are welcome. I always measure out my portions when I am eating nuts/seeds because it is very easy to eat too many. I eat 2 portions about 2oz per day several days per week.

I thought it would be interesting to look up the fat and cholesterol levels of some commonly eaten animal meats. Amazing how much is in only 2 oz. I think I will stick with my nuts and seeds, which have zero cholesterol:

Chicken breast 2 oz

TF- 2g

SF- 1g

Cholest- 86mg

Ground Beef 2 oz

TF- 10.4g

SF- 4.2

Cholest- 49mg

Ribeye Steak 2 oz

TF- 9g

SF- 3g

Cholest- 44mg

Pork Chops 2 oz

TF- 8.2g

SF- 3g

Cholest- 44mg

1 Large Egg

TF- 4.5g

SF- 1.5g

Cholest-185mg

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

thought it would be interesting to look up the fat and cholesterol levels of some commonly eaten animal meats. Amazing how much is in only 2 oz. I think I will stick with my nuts and seeds, which have zero cholesterol:

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing...I’ll stick to my seeds and nuts too. 😊