Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANYBODY HAVING SIGNIFIGANT Hair loss ISSUES IM LOSING MY hair AT A RAPID PACE I CAN JUST TOUCH MY HAIR ITLL BE ALL OVER MY HAND WHEN I WASH IT ITS COMING OUT IN Patches IM SO ANNOYED AND DEPRESSED BY THIS MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO START TAKING Biotin AND STILL NOTHING ITS CRAZY IM READY TO JUST GO INTO A SALON AND TELL THEM TO CHOP IT ALL OFF IF THERE IS NO HAIR THERE HOW CAN IT FALL OUT RIGHT THAT MY LOGIC IVE CAME UP WITH ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

Yes. At 4 months out and have lost significant hair. Fortunately I started with thick hair. Yesterday I went to the salon and chopped it off and went super short!

17 minutes ago, Mytimenow17 said:

This is a huge fear of mine too!! I'm only a week post op, and immediately started taking my Vitamins along with Biotin and Zinc. Are you taking your Multivitamin as well as Calcium? Maybe add zinc to the Biotin. I hope it gets better!!

YES IM TAKING A MULTI AND Calcium AND BIOTIN ILL TRY ADDING ZINC AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS LIKE I SAID IM ABOUT TO JUST DO A BIG CHOP

17 minutes ago, Kat410 said:

Yes. At 4 months out and have lost significant hair. Fortunately I started with thick hair. Yesterday I went to the salon and chopped it off and went super short!

THATS MY PLAN TO JUST DO A BIG CHOP AND START ALL OVER IM JUST NERVOUS NEVER HAD SHORT HAIR DONT KNOW WHAT ID LOOK LIKE MY 28TH BDAY IS COMING UP IN A WEEK OR SO MAYBE ILL TRY SOMETHING NEW

I had beautiful long hair half way down my back was sleeves on 5/31/2016 I had a massive weight loss in the first month I started in at 5 foot eight 244 pounds. I lost 40 about 45 pounds my first month. I didn't really notice any Hair loss for the first I'd say three months. All the way up until I got to be around Christmas time so I would say in the six-month. My hair started shedding like a duck it was insane it wasn't handfuls but every time I was in the shower I was living here was getting stuck to me it was all over the place. I did start to take Biotin made sure that my Protein was up around that point when my hair was shedding like crazy I hit 155 pounds I was about 85 pounds down. I did not have thining at the crown of my head or anything like that. But what I would notice is just tons and tons of hair every time I brush my hair would just come out and it was gradual but sometime between December in like February it got so bad and my help at witchy Pooh it was terrible. I had to go to the salon and have my hairdresser cut my hair short I've never had shorthair my life. What she did was she layered it and then put it probably like 2 inches above or 3 inches above my shoulders which is very very short for me. You could feel the new hair growing in because I had that like prickly feeling and my hair is growing in now since it does not have much volume. But it's growing in and it looks 100% better than it used to probably gonna take me at least a good year and a half to get my old length of hair back but this is extremely common I would say it was it was almost like every time I had a baby I would my hair with Shedand Shed but it was like that only you know five times worse it's temporary and I'll come back The first picture is about three months into losing weight so I would say that's about they are about August or so 2016 The second one is how short my hair is as it grows back and I'll stop shedding shedding like maybe two months ago definitely cutting your hair helps

IMG_3598.JPG

IMG_7353.JPG

5 minutes ago, amyd34 said:

I had beautiful long hair half way down my back was sleeves on 5/31/2016 I had a massive weight loss in the first month I started in at 5 foot eight 244 pounds. I lost 40 about 45 pounds my first month. I didn't really notice any Hair loss for the first I'd say three months. All the way up until I got to be around Christmas time so I would say in the six-month. My hair started shedding like a duck it was insane it wasn't handfuls but every time I was in the shower I was living here was getting stuck to me it was all over the place. I did start to take Biotin made sure that my Protein was up around that point when my hair was shedding like crazy I hit 155 pounds I was about 85 pounds down. I did not have thining at the crown of my head or anything like that. But what I would notice is just tons and tons of hair every time I brush my hair would just come out and it was gradual but sometime between December in like February it got so bad and my help at witchy Pooh it was terrible. I had to go to the salon and have my hairdresser cut my hair short I've never had shorthair my life. What she did was she layered it and then put it probably like 2 inches above or 3 inches above my shoulders which is very very short for me. You could feel the new hair growing in because I had that like prickly feeling and my hair is growing in now since it does not have much volume. But it's growing in and it looks 100% better than it used to probably gonna take me at least a good year and a half to get my old length of hair back but this is extremely common I would say it was it was almost like every time I had a baby I would my hair with Shedand Shed but it was like that only you know five times worse it's temporary and I'll come back The first picture is about three months into losing weight so I would say that's about they are about August or so 2016 The second one is how short my hair is as it grows back and I'll stop shedding shedding like maybe two months ago definitely cutting your hair helps

IMG_3598.JPG

IMG_7353.JPG

THANKS FOR THAT I REALLY HOPE IT GETS BETTER THIS IS KINDA STRESSING ME OUT