Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY November 2017

Hi guys [emoji1480]! Just 4 days out and I’m actually feeling okay (TODAY). I pray for those who are not having a successful recovery and that things start to get better. [emoji1488]

UPDATE:

Honestly, the past few days I was feeling like crap! I was nauseated and dizzy but because Ive had nothing but Clear Liquids in my system nothing was coming up, AND THE GAS...has been constant! The gas has been the worse thing to deal with during these past few days. But I kept drinking my liquids and walking around, which seemed to help a little. Since, I have a allergy to codeine I couldn’t take Tylenol 3, which is generally the standard, but they gave me Percocet.

Finally, this morning I couldn’t take it anymore so decided to have some oatmeal (which I️ do not suggest), i had two spoonfuls and immediately started feeling like a new person! I stop feeling nauseated, light headed and dizzy. I’m back up and walking around; I️ even went for a walk outside today! I️m so glad it worked because it had gotten so bad yesterday that I️ was in bed all day sick as a dog. So, after the oatmeal incident this morning my husband and I both agree that the Percocet is just too much to handle on an empty stomach and I’ve decided to start the week 2 diet early, just so i can tolerate the meds. And So far so good [emoji4][emoji1474]

Wow, so glad that helped! Why wouldn't you recommend it if it worked so well for you? Lol. I am 2 days post op and haven't had ANY nausea except when I was in recovery. However, I have been in soo much pain! Like all over, like I've been hit by a truck and any time I go to move, it really hurts. It does get better, once I am moving around but still!! I wasn't expecting this. I think today is a tiny bit better than yesterday. I'm really hoping tomorrow will be noticeably better! I have 6 incisions and apparently he worked on me for 2 extra hours, removing adhesions from when I had my tubes tied 17 years ago after giving birth. Maybe that's why so much pain?? But on a positive note, I have no problem keeping things down at all, I can drink Water, Protein Shake. I can slurp applesauce and pudding. I don't gulp or anything, I sip and take things slow but I don't have pain with it or any type of nausea. Or get any type of full, I gotta stop feeling. I don't remember reading that anywhere so I'm thinking is this normal?? Ay yi yi! [emoji33] Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

For my November buddies .. hope ya keep recovering well and fast!

FL*Girl you said something about the tubes ... how does that get in between ?... like I had my tubes cut would that be a problem ? Also sorry to hear about your pain let’s hope tomorrow is betta!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

FL*Girl you said something about the tubes ... how does that get in between ?... like I had my tubes cut would that be a problem ? Also sorry to hear about your pain let’s hope tomorrow is betta!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Wow, so glad that helped! Why wouldn't you recommend it if it worked so well for you? Lol. I am 2 days post op and haven't had ANY nausea except when I was in recovery. However, I have been in soo much pain! Like all over, like I've been hit by a truck and any time I go to move, it really hurts. It does get better, once I am moving around but still!! I wasn't expecting this. I think today is a tiny bit better than yesterday. I'm really hoping tomorrow will be noticeably better! I have 6 incisions and apparently he worked on me for 2 extra hours, removing adhesions from when I had my tubes tied 17 years ago after giving birth. Maybe that's why so much pain?? But on a positive note, I have no problem keeping things down at all, I can drink Water, Protein Shake. I can slurp applesauce and pudding. I don't gulp or anything, I sip and take things slow but I don't have pain with it or any type of nausea. Or get any type of full, I gotta stop feeling. I don't remember reading that anywhere so I'm thinking is this normal?? Ay yi yi! [emoji33] Lol

I only wouldn’t recommend because everything isn’t for everybody.

Glad to here your taking down liquids and soft stuff well. I for one don’t think you should be too concerned that you’re not feeling full especially when your taking such small sips. If you feel it’s a problem i would contact the doc. But how about that GAS!???? ...i thought i was gonna die [emoji23]

FL*Girl you said something about the tubes ... how does that get in between ?... like I had my tubes cut would that be a problem ? Also sorry to hear about your pain [emoji1374] let’s hope tomorrow is betta!

I have no idea? Just that there were adhesions from that surgery so long ago and that he removed them. I don't know what causes adhesions or if they always occur? And thanks, I hope tomorrow is much better too!

I only wouldn’t recommend because everything isn’t for everybody.

Glad to here your taking down liquids and soft stuff well. I for one don’t think you should be too concerned that you’re not feeling full especially when your taking such small sips. If you feel it’s a problem i would contact the doc. But how about that GAS!???? ...i thought i was gonna die [emoji23]

I actually don't think I had that much trouble with gas. I had some bad pain in my chest and shoulder the first night that I think must have been gas though. They didn't ever make me get up and walk. I thought that was very important but they didn't seem that concerned with that.

Hey, why did you have to stay in the hospital so long? I am day 2 post op, came home yesterday evening. The doctor was planning on keeping me another night because he reviewed my swallow test scans and said my small bowel or something looked stunned so they wanted to make sure I'd be able to take down liquids but I told him I already was, with no trouble. So he said if I felt up to it, I could go ahead and go home. I just knew I would sleep better and just be more comfortable in my own home. It's been rough though. I honestly didn't expect to hurt so much. All over!! And to hurt with any movement.

Third day (2 night) release is standard for the doctor I went through. I did have a "bleeder" (vein that he tried to cauterize but he didn't know if it would work), but it didn't cause any other issues. I was in a chair the night of surgery and walking the halls the next day though.

After reading everyone's posts I feel guilty that I didn't have that much pain! The first night there was bad pain in my shoulder, but I started denying the pain meds the next day. Mainly because I know pain meds cause Constipation and that's the last thing I want! They did continue to give me Tylenol for comfort. Other than that... I'm sore, I'm tired, and at random times I REALLY want something to eat. lol But not all the time.

I have no idea? Just that there were adhesions from that surgery so long ago and that he removed them. I don't know what causes adhesions or if they always occur? And thanks, I hope tomorrow is much better too!

Hmm .. I know by second and last c section she told me that I have some scar tissues.. and that for my next ... which I stop her right there and told her I had my tubes cut....... bbbbuuuuuutttt... doesn’t this surgery is way above this areA? So confused.

After reading everyone's posts I feel guilty that I didn't have that much pain! The first night there was bad pain in my shoulder, but I started denying the pain meds the next day. Mainly because I know pain meds cause Constipation and that's the last thing I want! They did continue to give me Tylenol for comfort. Other than that... I'm sore, I'm tired, and at random times I REALLY want something to eat. lol But not all the time.

I hope I can do that as well, I CANT be constipated.. sadly with my two pregnancy it cause A great deal to my butty. Lol

Hello lovelies! Sorry to be MIA. Went to WurstFest with the fam this weekend! Am up about 2.2lbs (not bad considering beer and wine were involved--and lots of salty food)! Will try to catch up with everyone tonite. Gotta catch up with work and stay off these boards today!!!

Hugs, love, and well-wishes all around!!! See ya soon. Miss you bunches!

It’s by far the best I’ve had. Since surgery all the shakes taste so sweet and awful. This has been such a depressing time for me. So the Soup made me happy

HW 367
SW 346
Revision from band to gastric bypass RNY on 11/6/17

How is your recovery so far? I will be getting gastric bypass in December. It is a revision surgery from lapband.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I actually don't think I had that much trouble with gas. I had some bad pain in my chest and shoulder the first night that I think must have been gas though. They didn't ever make me get up and walk. I thought that was very important but they didn't seem that concerned with that.

Wow!

Awwww that’s so sweet but everyone’s body heals differently. I actually stop taking my pain meds too because i feel like they were messing up my pouch. Now that i have stopped taking them, the nausea and sickness and everything else i was feeling is gone and I’m back to only drinking clears and i feel fine! I feel like the pain is bearable that i can managed without them. I don’t want to take those Percocet if I’m going to have to fill my pouch to keep it from being irritated by the meds.