Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY November 2017

3 minutes ago, FL*Girl said:

Wow really? That sucks! Other than the lack of energy are feeling ok?

Yes other than that feeling good! Getting in 60 grams of Protein daily through shakes & trying to drink Water but only getting in... a little :(

4 hours ago, RNY-Fall-2017 said:

Your doing great! I’m going to start tuna soon too-that will help and I like the nasal B12 idea for energy! Can’t wait to watch your progress too! I’m 5’8”, was 242 & down to 221 now at 3 wks post op. scale hasn’t seemed to wanna move much this week.

Are you taking B12? I have some sublingual ones to start taking daily after my surgery. Hopefully that will help with energy some. Glad I decided to take 5 weeks off work cause I walk my butt off every day! I average 10K steps in my work day and around 12-13K by the time I go to bed! Gonna need time to build back up...

2 minutes ago, FL*Girl said:

Are you taking B12? I have some sublingual ones to start taking daily after my surgery. Hopefully that will help with energy some. Glad I decided to take 5 weeks off work cause I walk my butt off every day! I average 10K steps in my work day and around 12-13K by the time I go to bed! Gonna need time to build back up...

I’m taking Multi vits 4 x/day including B12, Iron & Calcium. Yes I’m strict about that daily & Protein. I’ve heard exhaustion is normal severely x 4-6 Weeks & less severe for 4-6 months! Yikes!

Edited by RNY-Fall-2017

9 minutes ago, RNY-Fall-2017 said:

I’m taking Multi vits 4 x/day including B12, Iron & Calcium. Yes I’m strict about that daily & Protein. I’ve heard exhaustion is normal severely x 4-6 Weeks & less severe for 4-6 months! Yikes!

Uggghhh that's a long time, that sucks!

You should go ahead and call today. [emoji4]
I'm hangin in there. Not gonna call. Sitting on hands. Will wait until Thursday. Sore from the danged ol' PT!!! [emoji33]

I don’t mind waiting a bit more ... since i start my liquid diet the 14!... I’ll call that Monday.
And eat a banana I heard is good for that. Or a nice shower.

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

1 hour ago, Wanda A said:

I'm Nov 27. Starting Liquid Protein on Monday. It's getting real now. Good luck and prayers to all my November buddies!!

So excited for you!!! Yaay!!! Congratulations!!its going to be over before you know it! Hugs!

@Wanda A Congrats!! Very exciting!

@RNY-Fall-2017You know, you might also have more fatigue from dehydration if you aren't getting all your liquids in yet? Just a thought that came to me, hon!

@flufflychix Had a 4th class today that told me more about the pre-op diet, what days in hospital will be like, and what the days and weeks following surgery are like. It put at so much ease. I was so anxious. I am so absolutely positive now. Still nervous about the challenges down the road, but working with a therapist on that. So excited to get my health on track. My family all supports me.

6 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

@Wanda A Congrats!! Very exciting!

@RNY-Fall-2017You know, you might also have more fatigue from dehydration if you aren't getting all your liquids in yet? Just a thought that came to me, hon!

Thank you, your so right. Ive never been a Water drinker & so it’s a difficult task to get liquid down. I’m going to try getting water in through low sodium broth again if necessary. Thanks for that tip!

@RNY-Fall-2017No real world experience, but I read EXHAUSTIVELY on the boards, lol! And many talk about how adding things to Water helps change the "density" of it and make it easier to get volume in. Now, I'm not much on sweet waterdrops...but, I do like weak flavored teas. So why not experiment with adding plain water to things like Celestial Seasoning Apple Spice Tea (brewed) just to add a little flavor? Or slice a strawberry, or cucumber and mint, or a squeeze of some citrus into your water? See if that helps. Also, I do know that once you wake up your thirst, you will have more thirst! :)

@Aries331Oh! I'm so glad to hear about your class! I know my RD and surgeon's visits have been invaluable to me. So. Many. Questions. LOL! They gave me a binder and it's crammed full of notes. You are right though, it does help take the fear of the unknown out of things!!

Woke up this morning and I'm back down (230.8lbs this morning) to my published weight. My WL graph looks like a series of spikes with a downward trending line to it. I will drop down to a new first ever weight, then ALWAYS bounce up the next day and have to walk back down to the original weight. *sigh* This morning I'm 230.8lbs again. Which is surprising, cuz I ate like a racehorse yesterday. So hungry! And ate almost 1800calories and over 100g of Protein which I rarely do--if ever!

I'm so close to breaking into a new decade and it's only taken about 70days! bahahahahahaha! Depressing, right? I'm right at 24.6lbs weight loss since the first surgeon's visit. My goal was to lose 10% of my weight before surgery. I have about 1lb more to hit that goal. Yay, me! Right? I don't usually make goals. So it really feels good. And I haven't even gotten to the liquid diet part yet. But I'ma still Celebrate when I hit that thing!

Woke up this morning and read the Waiting thread. I'm feeling a great deal of impatience over not hearing back from the surgeon's office or insurance. I still don't want to call them cuz I don't want to get the PIA label from them. I know they would talk about me. But tomorrow can't come soon enough and I don't really know what I will do if I go in and they say they don't have any information for me or any plan to schedule me for surgery. I just have to remind myself that God's timing is perfect and submit my will to His timetable. I know I'll be able to handle it as long as I remember to do that. When I try to out-control a situation, things always go south. :(

Ok, well end of my pity party. Thanks for listening y'all! ((hugs))

On a bright note, it now feels like fall here! We got a cold front in overnight and it's nippy out! Yay!!!! More PT today at 1pm. The last for the week. TG!! So. Sore. All the soreness!

How is everyone today? How did our new surgery buds do with surgery? How are the more seasoned surgery buds doing? Spill it ladies!!!

Edited by FluffyChix

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

@RNY-Fall-2017No real world experience, but I read EXHAUSTIVELY on the boards, lol! And many talk about how adding things to Water helps change the "density" of it and make it easier to get volume in. Now, I'm not much on sweet waterdrops...but, I do like weak flavored teas. So why not experiment with adding plain Water to things like Celestial Seasoning Apple Spice Tea (brewed) just to add a little flavor? Or slice a strawberry, or cucumber and mint, or a squeeze of some citrus into your water? See if that helps. Also, I do know that once you wake up your thirst, you will have more thirst! :)

@Aries331Oh! I'm so glad to hear about your class! I know my RD and surgeon's visits have been invaluable to me. So. Many. Questions. LOL! They gave me a binder and it's crammed full of notes. You are right though, it does help take the fear of the unknown out of things!!

Woke up this morning and I'm back down (230.8lbs this morning) to my published weight. My WL graph looks like a series of spikes with a downward trending line to it. I will drop down to a new first ever weight, then ALWAYS bounce up the next day and have to walk back down to the original weight. *sigh* This morning I'm 230.8lbs again. Which is surprising, cuz I ate like a racehorse yesterday. So hungry! And ate almost 1800calories and over 100g of Protein which I rarely do--if ever!

I'm so close to breaking into a new decade and it's only taken about 70days! bahahahahahaha! Depressing, right? I'm right at 24.6lbs weight loss since the first surgeon's visit. My goal was to lose 10% of my weight before surgery. I have about 1lb more to hit that goal. Yay, me! Right? I don't usually make goals. So it really feels good. And I haven't even gotten to the liquid diet part yet. But I'ma still Celebrate when I hit that thing!

Woke up this morning and read the Waiting thread. I'm feeling a great deal of impatience over not hearing back from the surgeon's office or insurance. I still don't want to call them cuz I don't want to get the PIA label from them. I know they would talk about me. But tomorrow can't come soon enough and I don't really know what I will do if I go in and they say they don't have any information for me or any plan to schedule me for surgery. I just have to remind myself that God's timing is perfect and submit my will to His timetable. I know I'll be able to handle it as long as I remember to do that. When I try to out-control a situation, things always go south. :(

On a bright note, it now feels like fall here! We got a cold front in overnight and it's nippy out! Yay!!!! More PT today at 1pm. The last for the week. TG!! So. Sore. All the soreness!

How is everyone today? How did our new surgery buds do with surgery? How are the more seasoned surgery buds doing? Spill it ladies!!!

That is great that you have pretty much reached your first weight loss goal! Congrats!! :) And sorry you're having to go through the misery of waiting and not knowing more info regarding your surgery date. I really hope you find out something when you go in to the office.

Well I am feeling so anxious I can hardly stand it! Just ready to get it over with! But tomorrow is the big day and I keep telling me that today will go by quickly. Trying to keep busy at work and not think tooooo much about surgery! Finally found out this morning that I am supposed to report to the hospital at 11:30 am. Wish I could be first pt of the day but oh well. I doubt I will even sleep tonight! LOL

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! :)

17 minutes ago, FL*Girl said:

That is great that you have pretty much reached your first weight loss goal! Congrats!! :) And sorry you're having to go through the misery of waiting and not knowing more info regarding your surgery date. I really hope you find out something when you go in to the office.

Well I am feeling so anxious I can hardly stand it! Just ready to get it over with! But tomorrow is the big day and I keep telling me that today will go by quickly. Trying to keep busy at work and not think tooooo much about surgery! Finally found out this morning that I am supposed to report to the hospital at 11:30 am. Wish I could be first pt of the day but oh well. I doubt I will even sleep tonight! LOL

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! :)

OMG! The day is here already!!! I'm so thrilled for you. You've been so patient and good about being a liquid diet trooper!!! Can't wait till you're on the other side and hurry back here to play with us!!! Come here and read and chat a lot today and tonight if you can't sleep. BTW, it's not too late to call your doc for something to help you sleep if you need it!!! ((hugs)) Saying prayers for you girlie!!

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

@RNY-Fall-2017No real world experience, but I read EXHAUSTIVELY on the boards, lol! And many talk about how adding things to Water helps change the "density" of it and make it easier to get volume in. Now, I'm not much on sweet waterdrops...but, I do like weak flavored teas. So why not experiment with adding plain Water to things like Celestial Seasoning Apple Spice Tea (brewed) just to add a little flavor? Or slice a strawberry, or cucumber and mint, or a squeeze of some citrus into your water? See if that helps. Also, I do know that once you wake up your thirst, you will have more thirst! :)

Thank you! Really good to know that thirst will follow after you wake up the thirst. Did not even realize that?!! Great! Well today I’ve drank 20 oz of plain water so far (it’s about noon) & feel much”fuller” already, but I have to say, a bit of flavoring is def what a person like me needs to keep this up! Great tips!! :)