Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY November 2017

How are you feeling ? And you have your bag ready!? I have a while to go yet I’m so anxious. Wish you the best already! [emoji847]

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Btw ...I don’t have my bag packed =\ was gonna do that this weekend.

I was fine until yesterday; I had blood drawn for my preoperative appointment & now I just feel like BLAH! It started with a headache last night and today I’m dragging. Still not hungry, which is great; I think my body has gotten used to the low calorie liquid diet. But I have no energy. I should add that I am anemic so I’m thinking with all the blood that was drawn and the combination of little to no calories that could be the culprit. Going to bed early this evening.

Damn sorry to hear that, hope you feel better. Are you already drinking Vitamins? Is good to get your body in top shape before surgery.
I was anemic too but my country always have this old lady making remedies and bye bye.. I still have my sickle cell trait but no effects! Thank God!

And Remember all you need to buy for your bag

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

So I had my pre op labs done the other day and I don't know if I should be concerned my ALT levels are high at 31, max is 29. I'm confused because On 9/25 my ALT level was normal at 24. I don't understand how it all works but would of thought it would go down if I've been on a liver shrinking diet :( hope my liver isn't to large for surgery

Morning all! Off to the arthritis doc and the RD this morning. The PT intake went fine yesterday--she just said I had a LOT of strength building to do. Um, yeah.

@FL*Girl How are YOU doing? ((hugs))

@1badassbiggurl Hope you're feeling better today and that you got some rest!

@vanwest83 Why not drop your doc a note with a question? Or call? I think it's pretty common for our liver enzymes to go up while we're losing or while we're on the strict phase of the diet? This losing is hard on the liver. Hang in there...the liquid part is helping prepare you for things after surgery. If you go through carb withdrawal now, it won't be as bad post surgery.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning! One day closer! And here I am all sick, throat hurting and my period is about to get here.
Can ya believe I look at my calendar and the same day of surgery I’ll get my period!! [emoji30][emoji37] so mad!

Anywho wish you a great day guys! And to those already on the liquid diet .. you doing great! Keep it up!

@Luisajfc Run don't walk to your nearest health food store. Buy Nature's Way Sambucus with 5000iu of Elderberry Extract. It should only contain glycerin and elderberry extract (not fructose, glucose, etc). Buy it. Take it as directed for a virus--think it's 4x a day 1tsp in an ounce or two of liquid. It might help kick your cold in its butt!!! ((hugs)) Hope you feel better quickly!!!

As for Auntie Flo. Just ick. Sooooo glad to be done with that part of my life!!! ((hugs))

[mention=320965]Luisajfc[/mention] Run don't walk to your nearest health food store. Buy Nature's Way Sambucus with 5000iu of Elderberry Extract. It should only contain glycerin and elderberry extract (not fructose, glucose, etc). Buy it. Take it as directed for a virus--think it's 4x a day 1tsp in an ounce or two of liquid. It might help kick your cold in its butt!!! ((hugs)) Hope you feel better quickly!!!
As for Auntie Flo. Just ick. Sooooo glad to be done with that part of my life!!! ((hugs))

I guess I’ll get the Hubby to get it.. not feeling too great, plus this weather is retarded here in NY .. yesterday was so cold.. today is beach day. Killing me man! But thanks I will ask him to get it for me. Couldn’t sleep at all.

And awww luck you.. my period is evil, pain, bloating everything that comes with it [emoji1441] I got it. Horrible feeling right now. [emoji847] hugs and good day!

4 hours ago, Luisajfc said:

I guess I’ll get the Hubby to get it.. not feeling too great, plus this weather is retarded here in NY .. yesterday was so cold.. today is beach day. Killing me man! But thanks I will ask him to get it for me. Couldn’t sleep at all.

And awww luck you.. my period is evil, pain, bloating everything that comes with it I got it. Horrible feeling right now. hugs and good day!

I hope you feel better ASAP! I just got over an awful upper respiratory infection that started with sore throat then lots of head and chest congestion and hacking up my lungs! Took me about 10 days, but glad it wasn't closer to my surgery date. 1 week from today my life changes!

And that sucks about that time of the month, I finally went last year and had a uterine ablation procedure that has helped me so much with mine, I rarely have any bleeding at all now!

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Morning all! Off to the arthritis doc and the RD this morning. The PT intake went fine yesterday--she just said I had a LOT of strength building to do. Um, yeah.

@FL*Girl How are YOU doing? ((hugs))

@1badassbiggurl Hope you're feeling better today and that you got some rest!

@vanwest83 Why not drop your doc a note with a question? Or call? I think it's pretty common for our liver enzymes to go up while we're losing or while we're on the strict phase of the diet? This losing is hard on the liver. Hang in there...the liquid part is helping prepare you for things after surgery. If you go through carb withdrawal now, it won't be as bad post surgery.

Have a good one all!

I'm hanging in there. I am staying hungry a lot, can't wait to get through this last week! About to make me an iced coffee shake again for lunch today then have a busy afternoon at work! Have a great afternoon! :)

Hope the Nov. 1st people are doing awesome!!!! I'm 5 days away. Been on the liver shrink diet for a little over a week and I've lost 9 lbs. but mine is not all liquids. Nerves are kicking in!!!

Yay I'm November 20th

Me too

Sent from my SM-G928P using BariatricPal mobile app

Good Morning! One day closer! And here I am all sick, throat hurting and my period is about to get here.
Can ya believe I look at my calendar and the same day of surgery I’ll get my period!! [emoji30][emoji37] so mad!

Anywho wish you a great day guys! And to those already on the liquid diet .. you doing great! Keep it up!

I just realized that is the same with me starting on my Surgery day. Damnit. Haha

Good Morning to all! Hope you guys have a wonderful day!
One day closer to much!

@Luisajfc How's the cold sweetie? Were you able to try the sambucus? I swear it's a miracle potion for virus--even the flu if you catch it early enough! Hope the period is feeling better! Did you stay home and nurse yourself?

@FL*Girl Doncha just love the iced coffee? ?

@ClbsMm2000 You're doing so great girlie!!! Only 5 more days. Woot!!!

@Aries331Good to see you! Jump in and tell us how you're feeling!

@sunshinetinks Congrats on your surgery and thanks for sharing your after report! Don't forget to come back here and continue to post with us Nov. babies!!!

@Apple203 I hope you come post with us. I am betting you will be a November babe as well!

Still no word from the insurance company or the doc. I had my last visit with the RD yesterday and she was so encouraging and told me I was her star pupil. She said I could request post-op referrals any time I felt like I need a fine tuning. I really like her and we work well within my low carb paradigm. All total, I lost 16.3lbs with her.

Today I have my first official PT visit this afternoon. *ick* :wacko: I'm trying to keep an open mind. I really like the therapist. She seems very compassionate and caring. But I've no doubts this will hurt like an SOB. But positive note here, I really believe it will help me build core strength and endurance that will help me heal as surgery approaches. Maybe after surgery, the doc will re-order PT to help me get back on my feet once I'm cleared to resume exercise. I'm hoping from there that my balance and strength is enough improved that I could start restorative yoga for cancer survivors at MDA or the Y. Fingers crossed!

Have a great day to everyone!!! To all Nov babes who just had surgery. Congrats! Happy healing!