Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Minnesota (MN) sleevers?

Hi there,

I am partway thru meeting my requirements. I took my psych eval and I am waiting for the results. If all goes well, I am thinking I might be a November sleever. Anyway, looking to chat with anyone in a similar place as me. I started this process once before and stopped because I was doing so great losing the weight on my own. As usual, I gained it back so I had to start the process all over since it had been over a year. I am trying to read everything I can, so I am prepared. The more I read the more nervous I am. It seems that everyone just has such different experiences. I'm not even thru the process yet, but it keeps me awake at night thinking about how to keep this secret, or who I should tell. Looking to see if anyone else is on here in my area. Thanks for reading!

Hi Shellabella30,

Sure are other Minnesotans! Welcome! Congratulations on starting up the journey again. Feel free to send me a message to chat if you'd like. I see that you had questions about choosing a surgeon before. Did you find a surgeon to work with?

Katie

Thanks for your reply!! I did meet with Dr Laura July at Alina in Fridley. I liked her, but I can’t find too much on her. I’ve been having some acid reflex for the first time ever. I’ve been doing some reading and I’m scared it’s going to get worse after the surgery. Any experience with that?

Absolutely! I can tell you that I could not find much on my surgeon but he was nice and helpful and approved by my insurance. I have heard wonderful things about Dr. July on this forum. I will put the links below so you can take a look.

About a year before surgery I'd occasionally have acid reflux and take chewy tums and that seemed to combat it. I've had acid three times since surgery and have taken a gas-x strip and that seems to make it go away immediately. I am still on the prescribed acid reducer so that could also be helpful.

Posts about Dr. July:

She has three reviews on this website: https://www.bariatricpal.com/surgeons/1684-laura-july/?tab=feedback

Lastly, here are her patients that are on this website. You might find more information from them as well! https://www.bariatricpal.com/surgeons/1684-laura-july/?tab=patients

Hope this is helpful and things are going well!

Hi! I am in Minnesota as well. Just joined the forum. I am finishing up appointments as well hoping to have it scheduled either in early December or late November.

Congratulations and welcome! I trolled the forum after surgery. I had no idea it existed! It's been helpful to learn from others and to know their struggles. Have you decided where you are going?

Edited by Sparkle3982

I am going to Park Nicollet through the Meadowbrook clinic :)

Very good. Pretty sure I was more nervous about my psych evaluation than the actual surgery. I still have no idea why I was not nervous...okay I sort of do, but it's ridiculous!

Other than eating less, I would have no idea I had surgery. I've not had any major issues issues after surgery and feel pretty great.

I have had my share of stalls. That would usually be very discouraging to me. However, I am taking it all in stride.