Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good to see real reviews.

@JeffN well what did you expect for a thread about reviewing products? Some people find them convenient, and of course natural is good - but God made sugar tooand look where that will get you!!! I don't think the posters are using these for every meal.

And whey isolate Protein is from cows.

I can guarantee that the sugar that is most if not all is processed sugar and not natural.

I found this forum really useful and have already ordered some Atkins bars. But I do think it’s such a shame that some people have to use it as an opportunity to show off and criticize others! The sayings “live and let live” and “to each their own”. Springs to mind!

3 hours ago, Jeaniered said:

I found this forum really useful and have already ordered some Atkins bars. But I do think it’s such a shame that some people have to use it as an opportunity to show off and criticize others! The sayings “live and let live” and “to each their own”. Springs to mind!

Might want to read this about Adkins from a food Nutritionist and Food Scientific Researcher

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/are-atkins-low-carb-bars-healthy#section1

So I am not ambiguous I criticized no one, except the Industrialized Food Manufacturers. All I was stating is when I cut out processed foods I lost weight and was losing weight long before the VGS.

When I eliminated processed foods from my diet, I also lost the desire to eat unhealthy processed foods after being detoxed from them.

I see countless numbers of persons going back to eating this crap, and then a few months later they start craving the same stuff that made them unhealthy, to begin with. Maybe it is not a sign of weakness or all in the mind, maybe the food industry has figured out how to keep us hooked like a drug addict to their s#!t.

There are alternatives that are natural and beneficial to your body. My recommendations is to seek those things out you will find joy in your healthy lifestyle change its all about the journey.

A Quick Google Search for Low Carb High Protein Bars turned up:

https://www.lowcarblab.com/best-low-carb-protein-bar-recipes/

Edited by JeffN

13 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Good to see real reviews.

@JeffN well what did you expect for a thread about reviewing products? Some people find them convenient, and of course natural is good - but God made sugar tooand look where that will get you!!! I don't think the posters are using these for every meal.

And whey isolate Protein is from cows.

I guess what throws me off is why are we even asking about products? Why do we look at over processed Industrialized food Manufactures who's products are known to cause myriad of health issues for solutions that have already proven not to be healthy at all? For every product listed in this thread, I can find a natural, healthy alternative. Yes, it requires assembly, but we need to take a better interest in our health and stop supporting the industrial food manufacturers that are pushing poison and labeling it as healthy.

Might want to read this about Adkins from a food Nutritionist and Food Scientific Researcher
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/are-atkins-low-carb-bars-healthy#section1
So I am not ambiguous I criticized no one, except the Industrialized Food Manufacturers. All I was stating is when I cut out processed foods I lost weight and was losing weight long before the VGS.
When I eliminated processed foods from my diet, I also lost the desire to eat unhealthy processed foods after being detoxed from them.
I see countless numbers of persons going back to eating this crap, and then a few months later they start craving the same stuff that made them unhealthy, to begin with. Maybe it is not a sign of weakness or all in the mind, maybe the food industry has figured out how to keep us hooked like a drug addict to their s#!t.
There are alternatives that are natural and beneficial to your body. My recommendations is to seek those things out you will find joy in your healthy lifestyle change its all about the journey.
A Quick Google Search for Low Carb High Protein Bars turned up:
https://www.lowcarblab.com/best-low-carb-protein-bar-recipes/

Jeffn wished you had said this in the first place, far more useful.

On 9/14/2017 at 3:02 PM, KristyAB said:

This product is called "Nectar" and claims to have a completely smooth and juice like viscosity. It's disgusting, it's cloudy, and the Protein particles will settle in the bottom of your cup.

Wasted $95 on this yucky crap.

Definitely :70_poop::70_poop::70_poop:

20170914_170010.jpg

I actually love the Roadside Lemonade, the caribbean cooler they can keep. I also like the Twisted cherry by them.

So two things I like,

Cookie cravings = Lenny & Larry's Protein Cookies. Pro: The cookie is delicious my favorite flavors lemon poppy seed and oatmeal, then Peanut Butter and then chocolate chip. Con: the cookie is HUGE so cut your protein count in quarters or half. if you have a craving this is a good go to but a cookie is a cookie.

GNC Lean bar strawberry Yogurt is really good. The blueberry and chocolate chip are horrible

IMG_5073.JPG

IMG_5072.JPG

Edited by Samara1974

On 9/15/2017 at 0:02 AM, KristyAB said:

This product is called "Nectar" and claims to have a completely smooth and juice like viscosity. It's disgusting, it's cloudy, and the Protein particles will settle in the bottom of your cup.

Wasted $95 on this yucky crap.

Definitely :70_poop::70_poop::70_poop:

20170914_170010.jpg

I think while this is a good post. Many buy these products and like them. I hated nectar. Then tried again and love it mixed with something else.

We all have different tounges so we may discourage someone from buying something there taste buds may like :D

On 9/17/2017 at 2:54 PM, lisaheffernan said:

Image1505656359.942049.jpg.jpg]. this cookie is amazing!! Cake like texture!

Is that 96 grams of carb per one cookie?! Im not even low carb but that is got to be a joke. And per 100gram not per cookie. 16g of Protein for 96 grams of carbs. Yikes. Not so guilt free to me. Interesting how people see thing's different.

46 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

Is that 96 grams of carb per one cookie?! Im not even low carb but that is got to be a joke. And per 100gram not per cookie. 16g of Protein for 96 grams of carbs. Yikes. Not so guilt free to me. Interesting how people see thing's different.

I think it's 9 grams. The G looks like a 6 but I think it's 16 G Protein, 9 G carbs and 8G of fat.

30 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I think it's 9 grams. The G looks like a 6 but I think it's 16 G Protein, 9 G carbs and 8G of fat.

Phew thank you ! Blame all the morphine I'm on for poor vision. Thanks for that I see that now :) now I need to know were in the uk I can get these when I'm well enough to eat as though I'm 3months out I'm unwell so not eating much.

3 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

I think while this is a good post. Many buy these products and like them. I hated nectar. Then tried again and love it mixed with something else.

We all have different tounges so we may discourage someone from buying something there taste buds may like :D

I actually didn't care much for the Roadside Lemonaid or caribbean cooler, but the Lemon Tea reminds me of the old instant Lipton tea we used to drink by the gallons during the summer at the Frio. :D So I relive my youth as I drink it. I also love the Grapefruit and Fuzzy Navel flavors. Any of the other are pretty gross. I Water them down a lot though.

3 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

Phew thank you ! Blame all the morphine I'm on for poor vision. Thanks for that I see that now :) now I need to know were in the uk I can get these when I'm well enough to eat as though I'm 3months out I'm unwell so not eating much.

I did a double take on it when I first looked at it. They should really change the font on that G

This New Whey is the worst thing on earth in my opinion. I can't even it away it smell terrible I can't even get it down without wanting to vomit.

IMG-3035.JPG