Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What you eating 9-12 months post op?

What does your diet look like 9-12 months post op? I'm hoping for a January surgery date and am going on a Cruise 9 months later. I'm just trying to get a realistic idea of what people eat that far post op.

You can eat pretty normally at that point 3 to 4 ounces of food maybe more. Also you should be able to drink pretty rapidly.

9 months later you should be fine.

I'm 10 months out and here's a typical day for me:
Bfast: Premier Protein shake
9am: Greek yogurt with couple of grapes
Lunch: half an Atkins meal
PM Snack: cup of coffee
Dinner: 2-3 oz mahi and asparagus

If I'm low on Protein I'll supplement with a little GENEPRO. I always get in at least 125 oz (about a gallon) of Water each day. I'm still not hungry most of the time so I have to make myself hit the daily goals.
I'm currently down 95.5 lb and am losing 5-7 lb/ month. I have 30 lb to goal weight.
Stats:
Height 5'11" female
SW 295.5 11/14/16
CW 200.0 (almost there!!)
GW 170

5 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

You can eat pretty normally at that point 3 to 4 ounces of food maybe more. Also you should be able to drink pretty rapidly.

9 months later you should be fine.

Great to know. Thanks for responding!

3 minutes ago, Original Poster said:

I'm 10 months out and here's a typical day for me:
Bfast: Premier Protein shake
9am: Greek yogurt with couple of grapes
Lunch: half an Atkins meal
PM Snack: cup of coffee
Dinner: 2-3 oz mahi and asparagus

If I'm low on Protein I'll supplement with a little GENEPRO. I always get in at least 125 oz (about a gallon) of Water each day. I'm still not hungry most of the time so I have to make myself hit the daily goals.
I'm currently down 95.5 lb and am losing 5-7 lb/ month. I have 30 lb to goal weight.
Stats:
Height 5'11" female
SW 295.5 11/14/16
CW 200.0 (almost there!!)
GW 170

Amazing! Thank you for all of this!

9 months out and I can eat completely "normally" the only thing that bothers me is eggs.

I generally eat 3-5 ounces per meal, depending on what I'm eating and can drink similar to prior to surgery.

I'm 10mo out and I can eat 5-6oz at a time depending on what it is.

Bfast: iced coffee followed by 2 hard boiled eggs

Mid morning snack: One whole sliced cucumber, no skin

Lunch: 3oz grilled chicken breast w/ ketchup (don't judge lol)

Mid afternoon snack: baby bell light cheese with handful of almonds and a rice cake

Dinner: mixed green salad with tuna and light dressing. Had a sprinkling of dried cranberries and walnuts in it.

Dessert: a few spoonfuls of halo top ice cream

Breakfast: 1 cup Fairlife milk + a handful of nuts (or a Protein Bar, if I'm about to go to the gym)

Lunch: cheese & crackers & fruit, or egg salad & crackers, or sometimes leftovers.

Dinner: I cook...food? So I don't know, normal food. chicken thighs, this week, with some carrots; last week it was chicken tortilla Soup.

After dinner: I often have 1 pc dove chocolate.

I don't really watch what I eat, count calories, or anything like that. It seems right now that no matter what I do, I continue to lose weight, right now. So I guess I'm doing "intuitive eating," where I just look at what I'm making to make sure it's high Protein, and that I'm getting my protein intake in every day.

I can pretty much eat whatever I want, I get pretty sick if I eat food that's too rich or too sugary. Beef doesn't sit well with me. I eat about 4-6 oz per meal depending on how you. Mostly what I eat is bacon and cheese for Breakfast and rotisserie chicken for lunch snack and dinner with alternate options of nuts for my snack. I found that milk products can also give me the dumping syndrome. So I stay away from cheeses and milks and sugars and rich food. But to be honest, I'm perfectly happy with my rotisserie chicken LOL!

And I can have small bites of things that will make me sick so if I want some ice cream I go and scoop out a couple tablespoons and I'm happy. I go out to eat all the time, I travel, in those cases I fill my plates up with small piles of Protein and vegetables. If I'm eating with a lot of people and they knew about the surgery, and their close friends, they'll order something and I just steal from each of their plates. If I go out to eat and they don't know then I just order protein rich meal, pact the rest up for later.

I found that when I focus on the principle of protein first, it's pretty easy to select the meals and stay on track. I also found that the less of a big deal I made about it the happier I am. Nobody needs to know why am ordering the rotisserie chicken, nobody needs to know why I am eating a small portion of it. I found a lot of people really don't care about what's going on my plate if I don't make it a big deal. lol