Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess it's a NSV I kinda forgot my surgiversary. I'm 3 years post op and maintaining all of my 130 lb loss. (I do bounce up and down 4-5 lbs). Still tracking everything I eat, it keeps me in check. Walking 8 miles a day 6x a week. Completed a LBL earlier this year and getting ready for final skin removal on legs soon.

Just hope those starting this journey know if I can do it ANYONE can. I stuck to my Dr's diet very strictly making all the changes lifestyle changes. I don't deprive myself now, but splurges are now occasional instead of daily. And I love that my sleeve still really restricts me. It's hard to feel guilty about 1 small piece of pizza and I'm so grateful that I'm totally satisfied after that one piece.

Hopeful everyone is enjoying much success and while I don't post often, I'm always happy to help anyone in need. Feel free to reach out. I'm cheering you all on!!!!

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_2831.JPG

Whoa! You are my hero! You look amazing! Congrats on all of your successes- you've clearly won this battle [emoji16]- How much weight did you lose? Teach me your tricks? I am 9 months out and only have lost 55 lbs since my high weight- I've been stuck for 5 months- following everything to a T- exercise, Protein, Fluid, vitamins- I am just completely resigned to not going any further I guess- but I'm still 185 and need to be closer to 130 since I'm only 5'4"- Did you ever get stuck like this? How long did it take to lose your weight?

Whoa! You are my hero! You look amazing! Congrats on all of your successes- you've clearly won this battle - How much weight did you lose? Teach me your tricks? I am 9 months out and only have lost 55 lbs since my high weight- I've been stuck for 5 months- following everything to a T- exercise, Protein, Fluid, vitamins- I am just completely resigned to not going any further I guess- but I'm still 185 and need to be closer to 130 since I'm only 5'4"- Did you ever get stuck like this? How long did it take to lose your weight?

Thanks so much. And you'll get there. Don't lose faith.

I lost 130 total. 40 of that on my own before surgery. It was very gradual for me about 2 pounds a week on average post op. A few of my early rules were. (I don't think they are original by any means)

1. Protein first!!!! If I was going to eat even a snack it had to be pure lean protein first to make sure I got my protein in. That always filled me up so I was eating very little carbs by design with little effort.

2. No eating out for a few months helped. It is so much easier to be in control in my own kitchen.

3. Get my Water in!!! No alcohol or pop. I'm permanently off pop by choice. But admit now that I'm maintaining I on occasion have a drink.

4. No deprivation. I wanted this to be a lifestyle change so I didn't treat it like a diet. It's "just how I eat now". For example I love cheese. So I eat it regularly, it's my favorite protein snack. I just don't eat a brick, I pick really strong flavored cheese so 1-2 oz is such a treat.

5. Get creative with your favorites. What food can you not live without...find a way to make it lower carb, fat etc. example. I was a Pasta junkie. Now zoodles are my friend and I enjoy them with my same Pasta Sauce. Turkey balls instead of beef meatballs.

6. I made working out a part of everyday life!!!

Like I said nothing original. Just stayed committed to myself and the plan until it stuck!!!! It's easier today but still takes making good daily choices.

I had some stalls of course. Just trust your new body, stay the course and you will succeed!!!

PS 185 is a great weight. So no beating yourself up. But if you want to loss more try going back to the basics on diet and changing up your work outs and young the water. Your body just might be in shock from the loss you've already had.

I'm happy to help with any other questions and in the mean time I'll be out here cheering you on!!!!!

Thanks a ton! Sometimes it just takes reinforcement from someone so successful :) I'm doing all that stuff- but it's always good to go back and watch my steps closely to make sure- I
I put EVERYthing into MFP, measure/weigh still, have 2 premiere Protein Shakes a day, all my darn Vitamins etc-
And I totally get what you mean by making it a lifestyle instead of a diet- now it's just ingrained in me- it's not that hard to follow but man (!) is it frustrating - I've only lost 41 lbs since surgery 9 months ago! Most other people I had surgery with have lost their 75-100 lbs and are in maintenance (by choice)- I have my 9 month follow up today so I can only hope that they have some sort of ideas- I'd even go through surgery again if they thought it would help-
Sorry for the vent- I'm just at the end of my rope- I've lost hope that I'll lose this weight- and that's what sucks the most-
Anyway- again, thank you for the help- and congratulations on your enviable success!

Thanks a ton! Sometimes it just takes reinforcement from someone so successful [emoji4] I'm doing all that stuff- but it's always good to go back and watch my steps closely to make sure- I
I put EVERYthing into MFP, measure/weigh still, have 2 premiere Protein Shakes a day, all my darn Vitamins etc-
And I totally get what you mean by making it a lifestyle instead of a diet- now it's just ingrained in me- it's not that hard to follow but man (!) is it frustrating - I've only lost 41 lbs since surgery 9 months ago! Most other people I had surgery with have lost their 75-100 lbs and are in maintenance (by choice)- I have my 9 month follow up today so I can only hope that they have some sort of ideas- I'd even go through surgery again if they thought it would help-
Sorry for the vent- I'm just at the end of my rope- I've lost hope that I'll lose this weight- and that's what sucks the most-
Anyway- again, thank you for the help- and congratulations on your enviable success!

Let me know what your Dr said. It's always helpful to get their input on improvements we all can make.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:36 PM, Finding Erika said:

Whoa! You are my hero! You look amazing! Congrats on all of your successes- you've clearly won this battle - How much weight did you lose? Teach me your tricks? I am 9 months out and only have lost 55 lbs since my high weight- I've been stuck for 5 months- following everything to a T- exercise, Protein, Fluid, vitamins- I am just completely resigned to not going any further I guess- but I'm still 185 and need to be closer to 130 since I'm only 5'4"- Did you ever get stuck like this? How long did it take to lose your weight?

This could be mr writing this post. I am also 5'4" ive lost 57 pounds dincr my high point and i now way 183. Pretty similar, huh? I am 11 months out from surgery and I have basically been in a stall for a couple of months. It is very frustrating to see other people lose well over a 100 pounds in the time it's taken me to lose 57. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for those who have done so well, I am just frustrated with my lack of loss. I know I should be ecstatic with 57 pounds gone, and I am grateful. I just need to lose more. When you visit your doctor would you please post any tips that they give you? I would really appreciate it. As I said, it sounds like you and I are in a very similar situation. Thanks

Hey guys :)

Mom2Tess- yes we could be twins here! I'll try to keep you posted and you with me if you don't mind so we can maybe learn from each other-

So I saw the NP, Nut and surgeon yesterday- they think I'm not eating enough at 800-1000 calories and exercising too much at 4x30-40 minutes a week cardio and resistance with the patient 2-3x per week-
So they said not to look at calories, just eat 2 shakes in between 3-6oz meals each day making good choices each time. Of course keep taking my Vitamins, fluids of 64oz+, and keep Protein between 80-100g daily.
So I will try this- although not counting calories scares me- they said not to even log my food! That may be tough but I really have no other choice but to try what they say-
They also suggested having my RMR calculated and having a DEXA scan to see what it all looks like so I know where to keep my calories etc. The NP said she had heard of a new scanning that they can do now (but the name escaped her- she's looking into it)- that gives even more info than the RMR and DEXA composition testing. Has anyone heard of anything like this? I would have asked the surgeon but I saw the NP last-
so I'm going to look into that too-
So at least I have a few things to try- I'll keep you all posted and of course if anyone thinks of anything send the suggestions my way please [emoji8]

Couple of questions: How old are you? Did you have Hair loss? How soon and what type of exercise dod you do (other than walking?)?

Thanks.

Couple of questions: How old are you? Did you have Hair loss? How soon and what type of exercise dod you do (other than walking?)?
Thanks.

I'm 49. I didn't experience any hair loss but I alway take Biotin. I started walking almost immediately but it was a slow and gradual increase of distance. And I've always been just a walker. I know I should probably lift I just don't enjoy it. So I walk 8-10 miles 6x a week. Trying to add some swimming in now.

I'm 49. I didn't experience any Hair loss but I alway take Biotin. I started walking almost immediately but it was a slow and gradual increase of distance. And I've always been just a walker. I know I should probably lift I just don't enjoy it. So I walk 8-10 miles 6x a week. Trying to add some swimming in now.

How long does it take? It feels like you must be spending a good chunk of your day walking?

19 hours ago, Finding Erika said:

Hey guys :)

Mom2Tess- yes we could be twins here! I'll try to keep you posted and you with me if you don't mind so we can maybe learn from each other-

So I saw the NP, Nut and surgeon yesterday- they think I'm not eating enough at 800-1000 calories and exercising too much at 4x30-40 minutes a week cardio and resistance with the patient 2-3x per week-
So they said not to look at calories, just eat 2 shakes in between 3-6oz meals each day making good choices each time. Of course keep taking my Vitamins, fluids of 64oz+, and keep Protein between 80-100g daily.
So I will try this- although not counting calories scares me- they said not to even log my food! That may be tough but I really have no other choice but to try what they say-
They also suggested having my RMR calculated and having a DEXA scan to see what it all looks like so I know where to keep my calories etc. The NP said she had heard of a new scanning that they can do now (but the name escaped her- she's looking into it)- that gives even more info than the RMR and DEXA composition testing. Has anyone heard of anything like this? I would have asked the surgeon but I saw the NP last-
so I'm going to look into that too-
So at least I have a few things to try- I'll keep you all posted and of course if anyone thinks of anything send the suggestions my way please

Hi, thanks for updating. I will be going in October so I will let you know what they say. What are RMR and DEXA composition? Never heard of these.

How long does it take? It feels like you must be spending a good chunk of your day walking?

Not really I walk at a pretty good clip. I do 8 miles in 1:45. I've got a great walking partner too so that helps. Time flies when you r got good conversation going. It's probably why I like walking best.

Not really I walk at a pretty good clip. I do 8 miles in 1:45. I've got a great walking partner too so that helps. Time flies when you r got good conversation going. It's probably why I like walking best.

Oh ok, that sounds doable. Thank you.