Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I seen my doctor last week for by last visit before surgery which is this Friday....he told ne that actually lost TOO much weight and now I need to at 230 for my bmi to exactly at 40 (I currently weigh 227....having a bmi of 39.62) now if I don't I will either havr to reschedule or possibly have my approval from the insurance revoked??? I'm so nervous has anyone elae had this problem....HELP!

Hi all,

I seen my doctor last week for by last visit before surgery which is this Friday....he told ne that actually lost TOO much weight and now I need to at 230 for my bmi to exactly at 40 (I currently weigh 227....having a bmi of 39.62) now if I don't I will either havr to reschedule or possibly have my approval from the insurance revoked??? I'm so nervous has anyone elae had this problem....HELP!

From your pre-op diet?

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I had to gain 10lbs to have surgery.... But ummmm... Those weights help[emoji19][emoji19][emoji19][emoji53][emoji53][emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

@ThickGirl5683

Yes, that's my plan lol cause it's in 2days ive been eating like crazy but nothing of course

@sassy683 no just the normal weight loss requirements

@EW I first started at 234 went up to 240 them 227 I have asthma but thats not a "good" enough coexisting health risk

Fishing weights fit perfectly in a coin pocket. 4oz each.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

My doctor goes by weight at first appointment so weight lost in the pre op period doesn't count "against" you

Yes, the doctor does but not insurance under their requirements I would not eligible at my current bmi of 39.6

Yes, the doctor does but not insurance under their requirements I would not eligible at my current bmi of 39.6

What insurance company to you have?

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I have amerihealth

Thats terrible. My question is how would ins know your weight on day of surgery to deny you. Perhaps call your ins to be sure that this is there policy. Most go by your weight on the approval forms and dont request a new weight after.

3 hours ago, Avaboo said:

@ThickGirl5683

Yes, that's my plan lol cause it's in 2days ive been eating like crazy but nothing of course

@sassy683 no just the normal weight loss requirements

@EW I first started at 234 went up to 240 them 227 I have asthma but thats not a "good" enough coexisting health risk

Does your dr use a biometric scale? If not, it's easy to add a few lbs. Go at the end of the day. Wear a Jean jacket. Fill up on Water. Add weights to a sports bra.

Your concern is legit! My insurance company had a similar requirement. had I dropped below 35, I would have been disqualified (I was only 35.6 to start) Hopefully your surgeon will just forget about this visit and use the next one! Good luck!

@ReadyforChangeChan not sure if the measuring system they use but I have to be within the requirements until surgery day as it is told by my doctor.....I did ask the insurance and they said aince I already have my approval I shouldn't have anything to worry about Idk I'm so confused...

@GassyGurl yes I have a strategy already.....filling up on Water and heavy layers

Well i guess you take your doctors caution but its the insurance company approving so i dont see why if they have no issue your doc should. I swear all the red tape i see people suffering through is annoying!