Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

24 minutes ago, Chocolatay33 said:

Im 19 days out and haven't eaten any soft or solid foods yet. I want Protein so badly being I can't finish my Protein Shakes they are disgusting to me now. Has anybody eaten soft foods 19 days out of surgery vsg sleeve

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 22 days post op and in purée stage. No soft until Oct 24 for me.

On 10/12/2017 at 0:14 PM, spitt72 said:

Hi everyone. I’m new to the group. I had surgery 9/19 and it hasn’t been easy. I had an allergic reaction to the Exparel they injected into my incisions during surgery. I continue to have difficulty with maintaining fluids (goal 64 ounces per day) and Protein (goal 60 g per day). I ended up getting IVFs a week after surgery. Nausea and feeling full has been an issue. No vomiting. The frustrating part is that the scale hasn’t moved in about two weeks! I am still only getting about 400-500 calories per day and even that is pushing it most days. I return to work next week, weakness has been a major issue. I can not really tell when I’m full until it’s too late so most times when I eat, I end up miserable. I can maybe eat 1/4 cup before I feel sick. I have to choke down the Protein Shakes. I’m still at the point of wondering what the heck I did to myself.

On the plus side, my A1c is back to the pre-diabetic stage and I have been off my diabetes meds. The scale isn’t moving but my clothes are too loose. I’ve lost 20 lbs so far, but most of that was before surgery. Just wish the scale reflected all this more!

Any tips for Fluid intake or foods that are well tolerated? I’ve found some foods definitely don’t settle well, such as eggs, no matter how they are cooked.

High weight: 240
Before Pre-op diet: 221
Surgery day: 209
Current: 201

First exparel allergy ive heard of. What happened ?

First exparel allergy ive heard of. What happened ?

Hives surrounding all of my incisions sites where it was injected. Extremely itchy. Not infected. Ending up having to take Benadryl, Zyrtec, and get a steroid shot for it to calm down. It was miserable.

Im 19 days out and haven't eaten any soft or solid foods yet. I want Protein so badly being I can't finish my Protein Shakes they are disgusting to me now. Has anybody eaten soft foods 19 days out of surgery vsg sleeve

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgeon has soft foods after 2 weeks. Surgery was 9/27 and I just ate eggs for the first time today. Medium solids, I guess.

I'm 24 days out, down 30 lbs and doing pretty good. Most of my pain is gone, just have minor soreness at the incisions. I've been weighing myself daily (recently read that people that do that have better success at keeping the lbs off) and I do think it helps. Although, I stalled for about a week and freaked out until I read others had the same issue. Things seem to be back on track, thank goodness. I'm very thankful fro this sight, it's really helped with any of my questions and/or concerns.

Keep working hard at this, it's not easy but we can do it!!!!

I have I had refried Beans and potato Soup with no problems could only eat little at time but finally ate bowl it only took me 6 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi All,

Was just released to all activities and normal food today. Hit a stall at 4 weeks but just kept working the plan. Down 43 pounds in total. I feel good most of the time but do get a little tired after walks. Of course I am in Florida and it was hot until this week. Enjoyed Chic-Fil-A grilled nuggets for lunch today with a little applesauce. Food is not driving me right now. I just work on Proteins and 64oz of Water every day. Water is tough to get in!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi all,

Today marks my return to chewing food, I’ve got a pork shoulder sitting in a crock pot, meals from that should last quite a few days. Down 20 lbs in the 6 weeks since surgery, not including the 90 I lost pre surgery.

I sort of think I’m in a slight stall at the moment because the losses I’m not sure are what they should be.

Hey 9/19 here! Feeling ok! I guess... 5wks out and I haven't lost much weight about 20pd Surgery 9/19/17
HW 273
SW 256
CW 237.6
I'm currently walking about 4.5 miles a day, constantly going up and down stairs so I'm pretty active! As far as my eating intake, I'm still struggling with my intake I recognize I'm not eating enough! I do find that I'm able to have a good hearty Breakfast without any issue once lunch time and Snacks come around I can't do it! I've been drink my Water, my doc has keep me off dairy but not I have been able to tolerate again! I haven't had a Protein Shake in about 2wks! Can this be the cause of my "stall" not enough Protein? I see everyone dropping the pounds and I'm starting to feel a sense of regret! I'm doing everything possible I know everyone is different just thought I would lose it much faster! Although I do see inches coming off!

Surgery was 09/14/17,

i just started puréed foods this week and have been a little discouraged that since I started eating puréed I haven’t lost any more weight. At a stand still for a week solid. It worries me since I have been trying so hard and barely eat. Anyone going thru this issue?

On 10/26/2017 at 6:09 PM, Acueva01 said:

Surgery was 09/14/17,

i just started puréed foods this week and have been a little discouraged that since I started eating puréed I haven’t lost any more weight. At a stand still for a week solid. It worries me since I have been trying so hard and barely eat. Anyone going thru this issue?

I'm sure you are losing again by now but it is completely normal to sit at a weight for a number of days then start dropping again. It doesn't seem to make sense when you think about the calories you are taking in but that's how our bodies work.

2 months out and 30lb down, feel great. Still trying to ease into exercise, difficult because I find myself falling asleep at 5 pm on days I exercise, but it definitely feels good to be moving again. Still taking in around 900 cal/ day.