Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

On 10/6/2017 at 1:28 AM, PepperCat said:

11 days post op and I’m
worried this tool isn’t going to work for me. I can literally eat as much as I want of full liquids and some puréed and Soups. Today after two bowls and a cup of Soup and two yogurts I finally started to feel over stuffed. I don’t understand why this is happening other people I know can only eat a couple ounces at a time! I can drink a ton of liquid too. I’m so worried that this isn’t going to help me enough. I was banking on not being able to eat.

I was the same way with liquids. I felt like I could just keep going. That will change once you start solids. I am full after one scrambled egg now. So be patient, that hunger goes away once you can eat “real” food.

Hi,

I was sleeved on 9/28. Feeling really good, but Protein Shakes are making me very gassy and kind if sick to my stomach. I’ve just started on cottage cheese and applesauce and it doesn’t happen when I have that. I’m using the Jay Robb powder and also nectar Fuzzy Navel. Any suggestions.....

thanks in advance!!!!

Hi, 2 1/2 weeks post ops. I don’t feel i am loosing weight anymore. I stopped weighing myself every day, next weight in is next Tuesday.

I understand how you feel after my 1st big weight drop I got it in my head that it should always be that way, but to my dismay it is not, reality check. DON'T weigh yourself all the time you will get depressed...i now weigh myself maybe once a week or every other week. Now I see a difference, small but it's there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/6/2017 at 0:28 AM, PepperCat said:

11 days post op and I’m
worried this tool isn’t going to work for me. I can literally eat as much as I want of full liquids and some puréed and Soups. Today after two bowls and a cup of Soup and two yogurts I finally started to feel over stuffed. I don’t understand why this is happening other people I know can only eat a couple ounces at a time! I can drink a ton of liquid too. I’m so worried that this isn’t going to help me enough. I was banking on not being able to eat.

Just because your body is allowing you to eat that much, doesn't mean you should. The goal isn't to feel full, but to not be hungry. How much can you eat until the hunger goes away? Stop there. You can stretch out your stomach and the whole surgery will be defeated.

Sleeved 9/20. I'm feeling great for the most part. Still have some tenderness at the incision sites. Sneezes hurt. Get faint when I don't get in enough Protein. Going back to work tomorrow. Nervous about managing all my Vitamins, Proteins and just being ready. Not everyone knows about the surgery. I've lost almost 20 pounds since sugery and several inches. Lost 40 pounds pre-op. My biggest concern though is self sabotage. I ate a small brownie today. How is that even possible? I'm in the puree stage. My stomach shouldnt even be able to handle it. Not that that is an excuse. I screwed up. I worked so hard to get to this point and then I ate a brownie. Anyway, I'm glad I found this thread. It's good to have a place to share. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using BariatricPal mobile app

I am day 10 post op (sleeved 9/29). What an emotional journey, I cry about literally everything especially when I see or smell regular food. Ughh the breakup is real.

I can drink my fluids no problem and havent had trouble with nausea much since I left the hospital. I am super tired though which is different for me.

Is anyone else standing on the scale daily expecting miracles?!?! Thats where I am right now. The regret of my decision is over but sorta wish the weightless was as dramatic as my emotions LOL.

I'm 5 weeks post-op
I lost 22 pounds the first 3 weeks now I'm on a stall it's frustrating I wish more weight was coming off, I can't drink my 60g of Protein a day I find the Premier Protein to sweet I've added ice but still I think it's the taste of it. Drinking all of my Vitamins ok, Going on a business trip next week and feeling a bit nervous don't know how I will handle the dinner part I've told no one of my surgery any suggestions? Thank you

Sleeved 9/20. I'm feeling great for the most part. Still have some tenderness at the incision sites. Sneezes hurt. Get faint when I don't get in enough Protein. Going back to work tomorrow. Nervous about managing all my Vitamins, Proteins and just being ready. Not everyone knows about the surgery. I've lost almost 20 pounds since sugery and several inches. Lost 40 pounds pre-op. My biggest concern though is self sabotage. I ate a small brownie today. How is that even possible? I'm in the puree stage. My stomach shouldnt even be able to handle it. Not that that is an excuse. I screwed up. I worked so hard to get to this point and then I ate a brownie. Anyway, I'm glad I found this thread. It's good to have a place to share. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel the same way I made some enchiladas Sunday and the smell of them I had to have a bite and I did but didn't swallow I spit it out into a napkin (sorry I know gross) but I felt a relieve from the craving maybe it's wrong still but it helped me. The struggle is real!!! [emoji849]

I'm 2.5 weeks post-op. Feeling great! My wounds are healing nicely. Hit the gym for the 1st time today, was able to do some chest, arms and legs then 15 minutes of cardio before I felt like fainting.
Don't have much of a sweet tooth. I mostly crave cheesy pizza and Pasta. I found that a light babybel hits the spot paired with a RTD Isopure. I have chocolate Protein Shakes in the am, but they do cause some dizziness.
Gonna give some salmon and spinach a try tonight.
Weight is steadily coming off.

HW: 229
SW: 217
CW: 195
GW: 130
5'4" 38yo

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Rêveuse said:

I'm 5 weeks post-op
I lost 22 pounds the first 3 weeks now I'm on a stall it's frustrating I wish more weight was coming off, I can't drink my 60g of Protein a day I find the Premier Protein to sweet I've added ice but still I think it's the taste of it. Drinking all of my Vitamins ok, Going on a business trip next week and feeling a bit nervous don't know how I will handle the dinner part I've told no one of my surgery any suggestions? Thank you

I’m finding the Premier Protein to be too sweet for me now as well.

Reveuse,

What kind of Vitamins are you “drinking”? Chewing the ones I have is tough....

I'm trying the Patches and they stay on for the most part but I think personally I prefer to drink my vitamins, sometimes patches come of or I forget to not put on lotion after a shower and I can't put them on so that's the only thing for me remembering not to put lotion and that's hard for me since a got to smell nice hehehe!

I’m now 20 days off my surgery, things seem to be going fine. In the purée stage right now but yesterday I had this odd bit where some Water came back up, I got tightness at the opening and it came up. Now I was at least 3 hours off of eating anything so I don’t think food was in there.

Maybe be too much or too fast? Right now I’m passing it off as a one off.