Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

his i got sleeved 9/28 too.. I'm having a hard time getting my Water down.. it just dumps like a brick. overall I'm not in too much pain.

I was sleeved on 9/12 and feel great! For the last fifteen years or so, other than the last six weeks, my husband and I would eat a big Sunday Breakfast together. Today we were able to get back to that tradition, but for me, it was one scrambled egg instead of three, with no toast or bacon.

What a difference in my mindset! As it turns out, it wasn't ever about the quantity of food! It was about the company and siting down to a meal together and having a nice conversation. I'm just as satisfied now as I ever was with a huge plateful of food.

3 minutes ago, ZinNH said:

I was sleeved on 9/12 and feel great! For the last fifteen years or so, other than the last six weeks, my husband and I would eat a big Sunday Breakfast together. Today we were able to get back to that tradition, but for me, it was one scrambled egg instead of three, with no toast or bacon.

What a difference in my mindset! As it turns out, it wasn't ever about the quantity of food! It was about the company and siting down to a meal together and having a nice conversation. I'm just as satisfied now as I ever was with a huge plateful of food.

how wonderful to spend quality time with your loved ones in a healthy way!

Hi, 2 1/2 weeks post ops. I don’t feel i am loosing weight anymore. I stopped weighing myself every day, next weight in is next Tuesday.

I am 9 days post op! Doing pretty good up to walking about 35-45 min and cleaning around house. Not really needing the pain meds but my emotions are going nuts like postpartum! Indecision are itchy but healing. I have lost 14 lbs so far and hope it continues! The main problem is my belly sticks way way out now and I'm sure it will go in it's only been a week but hard to sit. Anyway , just started purer food yesterday! Made a BIG mistake drinking one tiny tiny sip with my 1/2 oz of blended egg! Nope!!! Do Not Do That!!! So just taking it slow and easy. Getting antsy but overall upbeat!!

Hey all! I just got sleeved on Friday 9/29 so I am on day 2. Feeling pretty good. I have some pain where the incisions are and some gas pains. I have been burping a lot so that's good! Can't wait to get skinny!!

4 hours ago, pamh71 said:

I am 9 days post op! Doing pretty good up to walking about 35-45 min and cleaning around house. Not really needing the pain meds but my emotions are going nuts like postpartum! Indecision are itchy but healing. I have lost 14 lbs so far and hope it continues! The main problem is my belly sticks way way out now and I'm sure it will go in it's only been a week but hard to sit. Anyway , just started purer food yesterday! Made a BIG mistake drinking one tiny tiny sip with my 1/2 oz of blended egg! Nope!!! Do Not Do That!!! So just taking it slow and easy. Getting antsy but overall upbeat!!

I feel, the same exact way, right now & 11 Days Post Op.....

I'm 3 weeks post op and feeling great. Yesterday was the first day I had no pain at all in my main incision site. I'm able to sleep on my sides now(thankfully!) and feeling pretty good. I do have to remember to still be careful with moving or twisting too much because by the end of the day I will feel some pain/pull like in my lower stomach. I feel like I can almost eat anything in my phase1, moving to phase 2 today. I'm a little nervous for fear that I will start gaining weight. I do get a little full sometimes and do slow down with eating or drinking when this happens. But hoping for the best! :) People at work are starting to notice my weight loss. I've lost 27 pounds since 2 weeks before surgery.

On 9/30/2017 at 0:53 PM, LisaE19 said:

Thanks! I definitely can scrounge up 6 pillows!

You might also want to think about HOW you get out of bed. I know that sounds stupid, but after my Dad's open heart surgery, they "taught" him how to get up by using his arm/elbow to push up, rather than just doing it "sit-up style" like we do normally. After his stroke disabled one side, the "training" was similar. Basically anything to avoid fully engaging the abdominals primarily.

11 days post op and I’m
worried this tool isn’t going to work for me. I can literally eat as much as I want of full liquids and some puréed and Soups. Today after two bowls and a cup of Soup and two yogurts I finally started to feel over stuffed. I don’t understand why this is happening other people I know can only eat a couple ounces at a time! I can drink a ton of liquid too. I’m so worried that this isn’t going to help me enough. I was banking on not being able to eat.

Sleeved 09/27 and AWESOME!!! The weight is just falling off me. Hardly any pain at all. I do have a chest cold but I don't believe it's associated with the surgery and it's on the downhill. Which means my energy is increasing now. Still liquids but that will end soon. Biggest thing Zero hunger. Like NONE. It's so weird. But I'm diligent about my fluids and starting yesterday got to 69 g of Protein. But I'm sipping all day. So, I'm peeing like crazy, which I want to because I know that releases fat. I look forward to the "stomach emptying" LOL. Strangest sensation but I sip about 3 times and then I feel the pouch empty. I know it's the emptying because I saw it on the swallow test.

My experience with my Dr was excellent.

1 month post op today, can't believe it's been a month already. 19lb down since sx and feeling good!

I had surgery on 9/21. I'm down @ 10 lbs which I'm happy with. Couple of things that I'm experiencing and I want to see if I'm not alone.
1. Incisions are doing well, still a bit tender, and I had a lot of bruising at each site.
2. I've been in soft food phase and my body is definitely telling me when enough is enough, but I feel I can't even get enough Water in either. I still get discomfort and a sharp pain when I take in a little too much water, or liquid of any kind.
3. I also have this ache in my chest, like right below my breast bone. Is that gas...heartburn? My stomach also sometimes gets hard, like when I press down I have abs of steel...lol...far from it...lol.
4. Sorry for the TMI but going to the bathroom has been difficult, really bad Constipation, my doctor said it's normal but it was over a week when I went the first time after surgery, then nothing for 5 day.
I hope someone can shed some light on this, because I hope there's nothing wrong.
Thank you all!!!