Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

Hello my surgery was sept 1st lost 50 pound and from a size 16 to a 12 and I feel great. Pain in overall is a 20 %to 15 % my wounds are close. At first it was so hard to stand straight or behind in just one place, a week and a half from the surgery I started walking here and there so my posture now is back to normal. Sometimes I just hear my stomach growl specially when they cooking at home, I’m happy so so happy my diet been so hard not because of the food but because of how slow I need to eat.

Wow! That’s awesome and sounds very similar to me! I was a tighter size 16 and had surgery on 9/18. May I ask your weight and height. I know we’re all different, but it would be incredible to work towards that 50 lb mark in the first month! I started at 248, date of surgery I was 225 and I’m now 215 one week out! What a blessing it would be to be able to wear the size 14s hanging in my closet back to work!

Wow! That’s awesome and sounds very similar to me! I was a tighter size 16 and had surgery on 9/18. May I ask your weight and height. I know we’re all different, but it would be incredible to work towards that 50 lb mark in the first month! I started at 248, date of surgery I was 225 and I’m now 215 one week out! What a blessing it would be to be able to wear the size 14s hanging in my closet back to work!

I’m 5’6 Day of the surgery I was 260

I am at day 2 at my hospital (surgery 9/25/17). Off of IVs, no port during surgery, no nausea at all. Well, to be honest for 2 seconds I thought I was going to throw up, but it was simply my first post op burp. I have not been hungry, and wasn’t thirsty at all post op. I have no problems getting my fluids in. I have had pain meds each night, because of pain, but, that really is the only time I take them.

So far, this as been easy. I have been making my walks, and they were surprised how well I have been taking it. I am so glad I didn’t have any complications.

I ann 9 days post op and feel good [emoji3] on nourishing fluids at the moment and back at work. Starting weight 100kg on 1st sept , now down to 92.5kg . No further nausea and pain and had my first small coffee today post surgery . Onwards and upwards !!

I’m now 6 days post op and since my last post, I’m still doing fine though I’m nervous about the number of Protein Shakes I need to have beginning tomorrow. I’m only having 1 per day right now and while I’m getting through it ok, I’m not looking forward to having more throughout the days ahead. I’m thinking I’ll sub in the Greek yogurt that’s on the approved list.

I’m surprised I’m not really hungry, but I have waves. I’ve been able to prepare things for my kids. I did order them a pizza on Thursday while my husband was golfing. I really wanted a taste, but that was all. (And no, I didn’t follow through with it!) I also went to work for a few hours on Thursday and that went well though I was tired.

My husband I went to costco this AM and it was good. He got a smoothie at the food court and I had a small sip - wish I could have had a taste of pizza. Apparently pizza is my weakness!

Same boat with the pizza and the Protein shakes. We can do this

Surgery was 9/19. 10 days down. Still struggling on liquids, I think I experienced dumping today for the first time. Heaving and stuff but nothing to dump. I took a tiny sip of V8, guess my body does not like it anymore.

My surgery was 09/21/17 (8 days ago). I have no hunger at all & no interest in food. Maybe that will change in the near future? Went back to work yesterday & my incisions are still very sore. As of yesterday, down 10 pounds in 7 days. I need to exercise though. I love reading everyone's posts. We are all doing great! These struggles in the beginning, hopefully will be the toughest part. I'm on the soft foods stage: Soup, yogurt, pudding & popsicles. I will say, even though, no hunger, I can't wait to be able to 'crunch' on food. I'm a chip lover :) Post Op & Dietician appointment this coming Monday.

Hi All!

Completed my first week back to work after 9/18/17 surgery. Got the staples out last Wednesday and all is well. Next visit is 10-27. Since I am working from home, keeping up with the diet has been ok. Added in some cottage cheese with unsweetened peaches which has been my Breakfast favorite. Bariatric Soup a couple of times a day along with Protein Shakes has kept my Protein up in the 80's. Walking a couple to 3 times a day. I have no great insight....just following the plan and not worrying about anything. Since I am in my 60's, this was a health not a beauty thing. I want to play with my grandkid and enjoy my upcoming retirement. I can tell you I already sleep better and have less joint pain. My first big challenge is in 10 days when I have to travel for work. Managing the diet will be more complex then. Best wishes to all the September sleever's!

Hi - New to these boards and this site! I had surgery on Thursday 9/28 and was discharged from the hospital on Friday. I think I am doing pretty good? Yesterday was able to get 64 ounces of Water in me. Today is going a little slower because gas pains started but I will do my best to make it to 64 oz again. I have no interest in food at the moment. My incisions are not too sore, but my guts are- It feels like I did sit ups all day. I wish we had a recliner, because laying in bed (and getting out of bed) is really uncomfortable, but I know it will get better. I am walking just about every hour - up and down our hallway. I would rather be outside walking but I can't wear a bra because of an incision location and no one wants to see that!! I am coordinating my nephew's wedding rehearsal and wedding next Saturday so I pray that every day is better and I am in good shape to make sure everyone is where they need to be at the right time and everyone gets down the isle! Yes, I will be wearing a bra for that - somehow!

Thanks! I definitely can scrounge up 6 pillows!

Had surgery Sept 28th and so far doing good. Definitely have some gas pains and heartburn feeling when I drink but overall think I'm doing pretty good. Walking around as much as possible and mostly just drinking Decaf herbal fruit teas with no sweetener. I had broth and unsweetened Jello and both were a chore to get down but I did. Going to try beef Bone Broth this afternoon it has good Protein so we will see how that goes. Best of luck to all in this journey!