Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

1 minute ago, shadeau said:

I understand sw is surgery weight, gw goal weight, but what is cw?

I believe CW= Current Weight?

Hi All!

Seems almost like a normal Sunday. Sleeved on 9/18. One night in the hospital and then home. No exceptional pain. Took two doses in first 2 days then no more issues. Only one dose of nausea meds after having broth and then meds in Vitamin Water. It was no big thing. Slept in a chair two nights. Then back to kind of normal on 3rd night home. Walking twice a day. Seems like I am constantly eating/drinking now that I am in Phase 2. Going back to work next week, I think! Have post op Dr. appointment on Wednesday. Can honestly say hunger hasn't been an issue. Hope all September VSG's do well!

Hi everyone! I had my surgery 9/15, and feel GREAT! I am down 29 lbs since I started my pre-op diet on 9/1. I am on Day 2 of Phase 2, so I've been eating non-fat cottage cheese, non-fat greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, Protein Shakes and strained low fat "cream of" Soups. No complaints other than some Constipation that I hope to resolve sooner rather than later. I hope you all have a quick and speedy recovery

I have a gurgling feeling and sound with every swallow, is this going to last forever or only during this stage. I'm 3 days post op

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

You're stomach will do this it's new so it will make weird feelings and contractions....Good Luck and Welcome to the Loser Bench!

You're stomach will do this it's new so it will make weird feelings and contractions....Good Luck and Welcome to the Loser Bench! It will go away after time.

For all you September Sleevers just like me on FB look for September Sleevers 2017... it's a place you can share your thoughts, concerns, and be supportive with each other.

I was sleeved on 9/15 everything was smooth for me no meds after the hospital for me. I am able to write my elliptical and on purée foods I started 218 and at 203 right now. The only problem I had was I couldn't stand my shakes so I ended up buying GENEPRO from GNC it literally has no taste and 30 grams on Protein per scoop. You can add it to your Water, Soup, broth basically anything... Good Luck Sleevers! We got this!!

So 18 days post op. Weighed 410 when I began pre-op diet and 389 when I went for surgery. This morning, 354 for a total weight loss of 56 lbs (35lbs post operative)!

Into the pureed foods phase of the post op diet. Really grooving on mushy chicken and blasted broccoli!

Went to a party at a friend's house this weekend. Taco party. Didn't miss the drinking too much (but left as the crew began to get sloppy) and I ate like 2 oz of ground turkey chili with a tiny knob of guac and a splash of hot sauce. After that I was fine and didn't feel deprived. Drank my Vitamin Water and was okay with it.

Really enjoying making homemade pureed Soup. I buy a rotisserie chicken and use it to make a rich, golden, flavorful stock (the meat is eaten by others in the household, although now I can puree 3 oz of it and enjoy it at dinner). But I have been making mushroom marsala soup, sweet potato soup with a dash of Chinese hoisin sauce for flavor, french onion (without the swiss cheese, but a teaspoon of parmesan for the flavor of cheese), broccoli soup and these have been excellent.

Walking a mile, four days a week. I find that the days I walk, i have better weight loss the next morning. Also, my wife is thrilled that I am now able to keep up with her when we walk together (which I hadn't been able to do for a long time).

Pulling all kinds of old clothing from the back of the closet. Favorite duds I grew out of long ago are fitting nicely now. ALL MY 4X clothes are too damn big and have been removed from the closet to be donated or chucked. So that's a gas!

Now that I am ingesting things other than pure liquids, it is interesting to see how small the capacity is of my new stomach. I am eating slowly so that I can tell when it is full up. Sat down to 3 oz of soft chicken at dinner and could only eat 2 oz before i was totally full. Couple bites of mooshat broccoli too. So about 3 oz capacity altogether. Very weird!

Anyhow, no pain, no nausea, mental clarity returned tuesday last week and I am back to work. My ankles and knees don't hurt any more. Really feeling great. I guess the emergency second surgery was the worst of it and I life is making up for my almost dying by making easy the rest of the journey (so far).

Hello my surgery was sept 1st lost 50 pound and from a size 16 to a 12 and I feel great. Pain in overall is a 20 %to 15 % my wounds are close. At first it was so hard to stand straight or behind in just one place, a week and a half from the surgery I started walking here and there so my posture now is back to normal. Sometimes I just hear my stomach growl specially when they cooking at home, I’m happy so so happy my diet been so hard not because of the food but because of how slow I need to eat.