Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

6 days post op... and it’s hell. I don’t want shakes or Soup, just Water. I ordered all these Unjury products and can’t stand the taste. 12 pounds down in 6 days but I know I can’t live off water and popsicles. Trying to stay strong.

Hi, New here. I’m 3 days post op. So far things are okay. I’m doing about 1/4 a cup of Soup for lunch/dinner and portioning it out slowly. A few issues is after I swallow I get a constricting feeling right at what I assume is the top of the stomach (this happens even after the first ‘bite’ so I don’t think I’m pushing the pouch too hard.

I’ve got some bad bruising around two of my incision points the surgeon said was expected. And they’re obviously the most tender at the moment.

Supposed to be on this liquid diet for 2 weeks the transition into purée....but dammit I want scrambled eggs so badly.

I lost 92 lbs pre op officially so we’ll see where we go from here.

I don't really like eggs, but I've been craving them lately! I have my two week follow up this week, so I think eggs will be on my new food list! (Fingers crossed!)

Hi all! Sleeves on the 22nd September so only three days out here. Am a bit tender but am not missing food yet.

Only pain I have is soreness around tummy and also reflux - but the nurses here told me that's caused by if I try to drink too much.

Other then that swimming along nicely. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi Everyone! I was sleeved on 9/13, and I'm now 11 days out. [I had a Realize lap band on 6/30/2010, I lost some weight (about 30 lbs band surgery) and then stayed the same for years. I did the HCG diet and got down under 200, but then regained. I had a revision to gastric sleeve on 9/13/2017. ]

I have a very high pain threshold so I haven't had anything super bad after my discharge. The first night after surgery was the worst, the gas really added to the pain. They said walking would help, so I walked for about 15 minutes the first evening with the nurse, then again with my daughter later in the night and they woke me up to take my stats about 5:00 AM so I walked more and then went back to sleep and then kept walking multiple times, whenever the pain was getting too much, along with heat packs on my shoulders and sternum. Since coming home, I took liquid Tylenol 3 times. I was doing OK, then overdid it walking my 2 little dogs on Wednesday and then later on starting having a sharp pain in my lower left (not constant, just when I was in certain positions or did certain motions). I searched the web and found multiple mentions that it was likely from overdoing and to rest more, by Friday afternoon, that pain was gone. I mostly feel tired. I do have soreness at the largest incision.

I lost the first few days, but then the last 3 I went back up 1 lb (tiny amount each day). So far, I'm down 6 lbs from day of surgery. I'm eating between 500-800 calories a day, I'm using My Fitness Pal to track my food, (it's great and free). I'm OK with the Protein Shakes. I researched them before surgery and got samples of different brands and flavors, so I had ones I liked for after surgery. I'm adding unflavored Protein Powder to pureed Soups and other beverages (low cal juices, liquid yogurt, V-8, buttermilk).

I researched gastric sleeve diets and found most doctors say Week 1-2 full liquids, Week 3-4 Soft Pureed foods, Weeks 5-6 Soft Food, Week 7+ regular food. Some have the 1st week as clear liquid. All seem to recommend 60 grams protein/day. The ones that do mention a Water goal list a total of at least 64 ounces of liquid (which includes the Liquid Protein shakes.) Eating solid food can hurt us at this early a time and all my research shows the longer you stick with this diet, the more you will lose. I keep telling myself, "it's just for today, it's not forever" and I can eat 'real' food again in 2 months of surgery, this time will pass.

I'm mostly surprised about the hunger. Everything I read seemed to agree in saying we won't have hunger after surgery (or that the great majority won't have hunger), but in reading the replies, it seems I'm not the only one with hunger, it seems like most of us still have the hunger. My stomach also was growling and rumbling the other day!

Thanks for the tip on the free Kindle download of Never Binge Again, I just downloaded it.

Edited by bubblybelinda

11 hours ago, Wyldflower said:

6 days post op... and it’s hell. I don’t want shakes or Soup, just Water. I ordered all these unjury products and can’t stand the taste. 12 pounds down in 6 days but I know I can’t live off Water and popsicles. Trying to stay strong.

I can't stand the aste of the Unjury stuff either! They say they will take it back, but I don't know if it's even worth paying the shipping charges. Do you know anything about their return policy?

I’m not sure. I’m about to look it up because I spent almost $200 on their products.

Sleeved 9/18, feeling great. No issues getting liquid in. shakes go right through me, why? I ended up with a superficial thrombosis from my IV, taking antibiotics shouldn't be an issue. Going back to work on Tuesday

Good for you, I am hoping to go back the 2nd of October, my doctor wanted a full 2 weeks recovery. What liquids are you drinking?

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, justina63079 said:

I'm a bartender so I don't get paid unless I work. I will be very careful but I need to work. I'm drinking Water and eating sugar free Water ice and popcicles

You should be fine. Just take it as easy as possible and plan for extra naps before or after you work! The first day or two will be rough, but you'll get your energy back soon!

I'm a little over 3 weeks post op and doing pretty good but have thrown up several times I'm thinking it has to do with eating too much or too fast but it's pretty miserable!!!!!! Sw 209 cw 189 gw 130

I’m now 6 days post op and since my last post, I’m still doing fine though I’m nervous about the number of Protein Shakes I need to have beginning tomorrow. I’m only having 1 per day right now and while I’m getting through it ok, I’m not looking forward to having more throughout the days ahead. I’m thinking I’ll sub in the Greek yogurt that’s on the approved list.

I’m surprised I’m not really hungry, but I have waves. I’ve been able to prepare things for my kids. I did order them a pizza on Thursday while my husband was golfing. I really wanted a taste, but that was all. (And no, I didn’t follow through with it!) I also went to work for a few hours on Thursday and that went well though I was tired.

My husband I went to costco this AM and it was good. He got a smoothie at the food court and I had a small sip - wish I could have had a taste of pizza. Apparently pizza is my weakness! [emoji23]

Hi,

My surgery was on 9/18, and my only complaint is pain. I have 7 incisions, and the one I assume my stomach was removed through is most painful. I have not been able to tolerate sleeping in my bed in any position, so I'm sleeping in a recliner. They prescribed me Oxycodone (which I don't like) and Tylenol. Neither separately nor in combination are helpful enough to manage the discomfort of this one incision when trying to lay down.

I had a total hysterectomy 4 months ago today, so I'm not sure if that's playing a role, though the incisions are in different areas. All else that has come along with this journey so far, I can manage. Not being able to sleep in my bed, having to hold that incision site when getting up/down, and etc. is a real PIA! Nonetheless, I'm grateful for this opportunity and realize this too shall pass.