Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

Hey September Sleevers.... My surgery date was August 30th, so I'm almost right there with you guys!! How is everyone doing so far?? I'm two weeks post op today and I am really starting to feel good. share you surgery experiences, questions, and concerns here with your fellow September sleevers!!!

I am 13 days post op.
Hungry all the time.
Miss my favorite foods.
Miss pizza and wings.
Having said that, I don't regret the surgery.
My incisions are all but healed.
I wish the weight was dropping faster.
Looking forward to getting thin.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there!
I'm 5 days out with hunger pains
And, dumping syndrome today because I had a Protein Shake.

I miss popcorn, pizza, and wings
Such a challenge with soreness and hard to walk straight for a period of time.

I'm ready for clear liquid and milk to be over!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there!
I'm 5 days out with hunger pains
And, dumping syndrome today because I had a Protein Shake.

I miss popcorn, pizza, and wings
Such a challenge with soreness and hard to walk straight for a period of time.

I'm ready for clear liquid and milk to be over!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

I know man.
I was not mentally prepared for how difficult this would be.

I was sleeved on 9/5. The only pain is minor which is my left side incision. A couple of days ago I was getting hungry, my stomach was growling/talking LOUD and I was going through head hunger. As of now my stomach has settled down considerably and no head hunger. I had my moment in which I missed certain foods or just something simple to munch on like peanuts or cashews. That has now passed, each day has gotten easier. The sugar free popsicles has actually been the best things to eat. Don't really get hungry, but I eat regardless. I have one week left on full liquids which gives a few more choices than Clear Liquids and looking forward to soft purees, at least I can be creative with food choices. I need to start walking, but overall I am feeling good.

Surgery on 9/4
First week was hell
Gas pain, nauseous, vomit, could not drink much Water. On mu second week now and i miss food so much specially the home made mexican food my mother in law makes [emoji20] but so far i been feeling great only problem is i still vomit every morning like of pregnant, 2 days in a row that been craving watermelon so i made my self some home made watermelon water n omg its been heaven, other than that just now i feel a little too full my las meal was at 6

I am right there with all of you.
I am always hungry.
The scale isn't budging at all.
I miss my junk food.< br>I am stressed out at home.
I am miserable at work.
I already suffer from Major Depressive Disorder.
This has been very hard.
I thought I would drop weight faster and I am discouraged.

I am right there with all of you.
I am always hungry.
The scale isn't budging at all.
I miss my junk food.< br>I am stressed out at home.
I am miserable at work.
I already suffer from Major Depressive Disorder.
This has been very hard.
I thought I would drop weight faster and I am discouraged.

Hi, I'm 3 days post op. I was sleeved with HH repair. I'm still in pain from the incisions, the largest one mostly. It is swollen and bruised. Plus my chest hurts when I breath in deeply. Doing the breathing exercises and putting ice pack on my stomach for swelling. shakes go right through me, which concerns me. My stomach always seems to be gurgling. I'm still trying to figure out how to get out of the bed without hurting. How are you feeling?
Terri

I was sleeved two days ago. Minor pain where my incisions are. I'm still in the hospital with an IV, so the IV site still hurts a bit. I am starving.

I don't miss food. A few months ago, I read a book called Never Binge Again, and it really helped me work through some of my food addiction.

The real test for me will be when I am at home and work, where everyone is eating stuff I can't have.

I should probably get it too.

8 days out here...still a little sore, but each day is better. I do get hungry but it is satisfied with a bite (or spoonful right now) of food.

Hello! I'm pretty new here. I had my surgery a week ago and I've gotten used to the liquid diet completely! I lost 20 pounds, but I'm sure I'll gain a bit of it back once I'm onto solid food again :p. My doctor said I could start the full liquid stage, with thick liquids tomorrow. :)

I'm home from the hospital now. I have been setting my timer for fifteen minutes, and taking three or four sips of Water when it goes off. It doesn't hurt to drink- it just feels weird. I drank a Premier Protein shake this morning with no problem, so at least I know I'll be able to get my Protein in.