Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein ideas/Protien Shake ideas? So gross!

Help!! Please tell me your ideas for choking down those Protein shakes!! It's awful! Surgery tomorrow. Also I'll take any other protein ideas that you've found!

the premade ones were just too sweet for me so i started making my own concoctions and still have one each morning.

I use either sprouts veggie powder in vanilla or chocolate, or VEGA smoothie powder in choc or vanilla. Much less cloyingly sweet. and with a big scoop and skim milk you can get a whopping 20-30 grams Protein pretty easy.

My usual morning drink consists of:

in and 18oz ninja blender container
2.5 inches crushed ice
1 big scoop of sprouts powder or 2 using the VEGA scoop
fille the rest of the way with half skim milk and half chameleon or homemade cold brew coffee
blend

its about 3-400 calories for Breakfast and lots of protein. I use that kroger carb master skim milk.

Thank you! I'm hoping to get ideas like this. I can't stand chocolate anything so I'll have to avoid that. But I do love skim milk and the thought of getting a lot of Protein out of the way!

VEGA has several flavors other than choc or vanilla too. And if you dont want to use the coffee you can use more milk for more Protein.

Edited by jaminator

On the Protein powders, how many grams does a tablespoon give you? Are they all different?

they both come with different size sccoops. VEGA has 15 grams Protein per scoop and i think the sprouts brand has 28 or 20

I'm pretty sick of the creamy-type Protein Shakes. A friend of mine recommended Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel. I got some and it is by far my favorite Protein supplement. I mix it with 4 oz of low calorie orange juice and two ounces of Water. One scoop has 23 grams of protein and 0 carbs.

I'm thinking you need to add a couple shots of booze to that......

After surgery I couldn't stomach Protein Shakes for a while so I went with a Protein Water. Atkins makes one and so does GNC. They set much better with me and I drank those for months. I'm back to shakes now though at 9 months out I drink one for Breakfast. I found the Atkins ones are not bad. The strawberry one is the best in my opinion, it tastes like Strawberry milk.

Also if you go with powders to make your own concoctions check out using Fairlife Milk to get a little extra protein

32 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

After surgery I couldn't stomach Protein Shakes for a while so I went with a Protein Water. Atkins makes one and so does GNC. They set much better with me and I drank those for months. I'm back to shakes now though at 9 months out I drink one for breakfast. I found the Atkins ones are not bad. The strawberry one is the best in my opinion, it tastes like strawberry milk.

Also if you go with powders to make your own concoctions check out using Fairlife Milk to get a little extra Protein

Good info. On the fairlife milk i found that kroger carb master skim milk provides almost the same protein and its usually 1-2 dollars less and its a full half gallon.