Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Driving after a LBL

How long until you were able to get into a car and drive yourself around after having a Lower Body Lift?

Do you think it is possible to go for an 8-hour drive 2 weeks after having an LBL?

Thanks.

I seriously doubt it. Don't know about LBLs, but a Tummy Tuck has you out of driving for 4-6 weeks. Might want to talk to your surgeon.

Talk to your surgeon. They have some good rules about how long to wait for certain activities...
Sitting for a long drive might be problematic... let alone driving and having to react quickly braking. Etc
Good luck!

I was driving about 10 days post LBL (to/from work & running errands), but I can't imagine an 8 hour drive that early on. Talk to your surgeon!

I would say NO. 100% No - Not after just 2 weeks. For more than one reason.

1. Your Dr must 'sign you off' to drive...

2. If you are not signed off - Your insurance is void...

3. I remember driving after my TT and also after the Butt Lift, and the one to the rear of the body was hardddd - Couldn't pull the choke out of the car to start it (It's cold here)

I would only do it if your Doctor says you can.

And..

4. Swelling in lower extremities from sitting too long - Your feet and lower legs could well swell up. You might think that is just a short term annoyance - But if any damage happens to the Lymph system - Lymphedema can become your new life long 'friend'

I would really talk to the surgeon about it to make sure you will be OK. It was a good few months before I went anywhere that was not just a short drive away to be honest

Good luck :-)

Edited by Scamp

Yikes.... driving for an extended period of time after major surgery as a big risk for blood clots. I'd highly recommend waiting at least 6 weeks. I had an extended lower body Tummy Tuck in 2013 and there is no way I would have been able to drive that long.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!