Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band to Sleeve revision journey (ongoing)!

So I've decided to start my own "pre-op" diet of sorts. I gained a few pounds when I had .6cc removed from my band about a month ago and I'm feeling pretty miserable from it. They are using my weight from when I met with the surgeon for insurance so losing a few lbs should not matter. If it does well then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

For right now I bought some Protein Shakes and I'm going to drink 2-3 a day with a healthy proportionate dinner. I know I won't do it perfectly but I'm going to give it my best shot!

Still impatiently wait for the results of my sleep study over here. I have my "class" next Tuesday and I need to know the results before then. I plan to call Friday as that will be 2 weeks since I took the test. They told me 2 weeks is how long it takes. Patience is a virtue, right?! :huh:

On 10/25/2017 at 8:28 AM, breprih said:

Still impatiently wait for the results of my sleep study over here. I have my "class" next Tuesday and I need to know the results before then. I plan to call Friday as that will be 2 weeks since I took the test. They told me 2 weeks is how long it takes. Patience is a virtue, right?! :huh:

I'm on day 9 after at home sleep study......patience is a virtue!! I'm DYING for a good night's sleep!!!!

1 minute ago, Klynngetsfit said:

I'm on day 9 after at home sleep study......patience is a virtue!! I'm DYING for a good night's sleep!!!!

Do you have any clue why it takes so long? I see you are in Mass as well. Lahey?

1 hour ago, breprih said:

Do you have any clue why it takes so long? I see you are in Mass as well. Lahey?

I have no idea....initially they told me a week......so after a week I called and they said they only have one person transcribing the results so it should be more like 2 weeks.

Also I'm in the Springfield area! Baystate for sleep and I'm thinking about Mercy for surgery

Just now, Klynngetsfit said:

I have no idea....initially they told me a week......so after a week I called and they said they only have one person transcribing the results so it should be more like 2 weeks.

Also I'm in the Springfield area! Baystate for sleep and I'm thinking about Mercy for surgery

That must be why at Lahey Clinic then. =(

I just called and the sleep test results are in! I just have to wait for the nurse practitioner to call me with the results! I'm so nervous please say a prayer!

4 minutes ago, breprih said:

I just called and the sleep test results are in! I just have to wait for the nurse practitioner to call me with the results! I'm so nervous please say a prayer!

YAY!!!! for results....BOO for having to wait longer!!!!! I am now anxiously awaiting your results LOL GOOD LUCK <3

Well, it's official! I have mild sleep apnea! It still feels really odd to be happy about that. The nurse practitioner thinks I'll have a good case for approval now. So Tuesday I found out that I meet with the nurse practitioner, the psychologist, and the dietitian. All three of them have to fill out paperwork that will then be submitted to insurance. So, I'm glad I have the sleep apnea result before I go to that! She wants me to see pulmonary as well. She doesn't really think that I'll actually need a CPAP. She thinks I may need clearance from them for insurance though. I'm going to try and find more out about that on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, breprih said:

Well, it's official! I have mild sleep apnea! It still feels really odd to be happy about that.

LOL, so true!! I was happy when I was dxd with such a strong co-mordidity, too -- we are ridiculous :-)

I moved my work and babysitting schedule around this week for my nurse practitioner, psychologist, and dietitian appointment today but I received a call yesterday that the psychologist won't be in today. I'm pretty annoyed since I had to reschedule everything. Oh well, things happen! They squeezed me in tomorrow but I have to move things around again which isn't easy.

Happy Halloween! I'm staying away from the candy!

On 10/27/2017 at 3:40 PM, breprih said:

Well, it's official! I have mild sleep apnea! It still feels really odd to be happy about that. The nurse practitioner thinks I'll have a good case for approval now. So Tuesday I found out that I meet with the nurse practitioner, the psychologist, and the dietitian. All three of them have to fill out paperwork that will then be submitted to insurance. So, I'm glad I have the sleep apnea result before I go to that! She wants me to see pulmonary as well. She doesn't really think that I'll actually need a CPAP. She thinks I may need clearance from them for insurance though. I'm going to try and find more out about that on Tuesday.

Do I say CONGRATS!!!! lol .... I'm still waiting for my results :-( tomorrow will be 2 weeks since the test.

Keep us updated!!!!

5 minutes ago, Klynngetsfit said:

Do I say CONGRATS!!!! lol .... I'm still waiting for my results :-( tomorrow will be 2 weeks since the test.

Keep us updated!!!!

hahaha I guess you do! Thanks! They called me with the results two weeks exactly.

The other nurse practitioner called me this morning. She's the one that I've known since I had my lap band in 2009. She said I do not need to see pulmonary and that they are going to tell insurance they will treat my sleep apnea with weight loss. She said that my insurance is going to have the 90-day waiting period. So, since my initial consult was the end of September as long as scheduling works I should be able to have the surgery end of December. She said a lot of the surgeons take time off at the end of December so that may make it challenging but hopefully we can get it done!

2 minutes ago, breprih said:

The other nurse practitioner called me this morning. She's the one that I've known since I had my lap band in 2009. She said I do not need to see pulmonary and that they are going to tell insurance they will treat my sleep apnea with weight loss. She said that my insurance is going to have the 90-day waiting period. So, since my initial consult was the end of September as long as scheduling works I should be able to have the surgery end of December. She said a lot of the surgeons take time off at the end of December so that may make it challenging but hopefully we can get it done!

That would be wonderful!!!! I'm still waiting to have my first consult. I am checking two different surgeon groups one in November and one in December. I'd love to have it done early next year...if I don't have it by March I will have to wait until June. I have a trip to the Dominican for my cousins wedding and I DO NOT want to be healing down there LOL