Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow I am cleared to eat anything. What veggies did you eat first?

Tomorrow I will be 4 weeks out and can eat whatever I am able to. What were you eating at 4 weeks? Are there veggies that are easier to tolerate? When did you start eating lettuce? Raw veggies? When did you start tolerate quinoa and grains? My Dr is pretty sold on very low carbs and limited plant based Proteins so they want patients to focus on animal proteins. How long did you take Protein Shakes? Sorry for so many questions. I really want to be plant based and am craving veggies. Thanks!!

I'm not vegetarian, but after weeks of shakes and puree, I wanted veggies too when I was able to have them. At 4 weeks I was on a soft diet. Cooked carrots and green Beans were very good and I tolerated them nicely. Things that didn't agree with me that early were lettuce and broccoli. I don't do any quinoa yet as I can't imagine if I accidentally eat too much and then it expands after it gets to your stomach. Just make sure you focus on getting your Protein in first, you probably won't be able to eat very much at one sitting. I'm just past 3 months out and I still supplement with Protein Shakes or Protein Bars on a daily basis.

Anything soft, I had sweet potatoes early on.

Cruciferious veggies like cauliflower and broccoli took me most of a year to be able to tolerate even cooked. I still struggle with raw carrots but cooked are fine (I'm four years out). Strangely though lettuce was never difficult. Had it starting at six weeks out.

I needed Protein Shake to meet my goal for about sixteen or eighteen months and still have one several days a week.

Roasted veggies including Brussel sprouts were early favorites of mine!

I stopped with the Protein Shakes at about 6 months. At that point I was able to eat enough Protein from real sources. All of them made me gag so I was very motivated to learn to eat real protein. On workout days I do drink a Premier Protein clear beverage that gives me 20 extra grams of protein.

My NUT told us to avoid any fibrous fruits and veggies for at least 3 months (celery, broccoli, etc). We were also to avoid anything with small seeds for the same time period. Personally I still don't eat that many veggies as once I've eaten my protein, I don't have much room.

My surgeon orders Protein Shakes for two weeks only, then never again. Thank goodness, I HATE them! I guess my first veggie was mashed potatoes and god they were glorious! I couldn't eat raw veggies for 7 weeks, so I just had a lot of cooked veggies and fruit. I found out quickly that broccoli wasn't my friend. Now around 7 months out I can have a little bit if I chew it very well.

I think it's important to add veggies so every meal, so I would cook spinach into things, cooked carrots, tomatoes, etc.

Im 4 weeks out as of Thursday and I have been able to tolerate lettuce, pickles, olives, tomatoes and green Beans with ease.

I have really come to like pickles and I was not a pickle eater before. bread and butter are my favorite, then the straight up Dill.

I am 4 years out and please tell me WHAT is a vegetable. LOL I still can't eat veggies with my Protein. After my protein, I don't have much room. LOL If I want veggies I have to do what I call a veggie dinner. Now I'm not saying for anyone to do this but...with all of the fresh veggies out there I will have sliced tomatoes, green Beans that's all I can do. Oh yes once this Summer I had a half of an ear of corn. MMM so good

I have eaten lots of zucchini, cooked with a few drops of olive oil. Mainly because my friends are gardeners and it's September.....

But it tastes good to me with garlic and seems to work well with various Proteins. I had marinated fresh green Beans and that was a big mistake. Start soft, whatever you choose.

I had brussel sprouts overcooked they were to die for [emoji3]

Thanks! I love Brussels sprouts! I was considering slicing them super thin and roasting some.