Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Salt Lake City sleevers?

Anyone around SLC to get together for support group?

(I'd love to find people that I can go out to eat with who totally understand why I'm only having 4 bites and taking forever to chew chew chew chew lol......)

Woo hooo! I'm in East Millcreek....go to sugarhouse all the time! I'm 3 weeks out so still on "soft foods"....blah

I am almost 2 weeks out (sleeved on 9/1) so I hear ya! :) What kind of soft foods are you liking? I get to start in a few days!!!

Well I tried soft scrambled eggs... Those came right back up :wacko:

Then I tried some soft cooked peas and carrots and gave me heartburn from hell....

Soooo..... I bought a creamy Peanut Butter Protein bar( the kind with no chunks of nuts or anything crunchy in it) and, as long as I chew it slowly, it has been the best way to get my protein in.

1 hour ago, jess_18 said:

I have my surgery tomorrow! I'm in the tooele area lol.

Good luck!!! I'm sure it will be a breeze!! Let us know if you need anything!

3 hours ago, jess_18 said:

I have my surgery tomorrow! I'm in the tooele area lol.

Where are you having it done? I went to Lone Peak Surgery Center and was in and out in the same day.

Hmm....only tip I have is make sure you have the foods you need for your diet afterwards. I actually found infant rice Cereal to be the most soothing thing to eat for the first week. Mix it with milk and you get a little protien. I'll be honest though...

The first two days after surgery it was absolutely excruciating just to swallow Water. I actually thought something was wrong but my doctor assured me it was just from all the swelling.

Make sure you have good post op pain drugs! :1312_thumbsup_tone3:

Most definitely! I've done all of my shopping. I can't even imagine how it's going to be or feel, but I'm still very very excited for long term effects. Even though I know it's going to be a lonnnng journey.

I found that Liptons chicken noodle Soup was soooo much better than just regular broth (I drained the noodles and my kids would eat them. Haha). It made me feel soooo full.

Update us when you feel up to it! Yay!

Sent from my SM-G925V using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I'm 2 days after my surgery, and I honestly made my boyfriend eat a snickers so I could just smell it.[emoji23][emoji28] it's a little bit pathetic, but I'm so hungry. (Only mentally) does that go away after a while? My stomach is still full of gas and it just feels like someone is blowing bubbles inside of me, it's very uncomfortable. I'm still on Clear Liquids now, but what kind of foods can I eat when I'm allowed to eat food that has applesauce consistency?

I can totally relate! So I am just starting the pureed phase as of yesterday, and I found great recipes on Pinterest.

Ricotta Bake (pasta less lasagna)

Taco Bell has "pintos and cheese" which is about a 1/2 cup serving. I went and bought stuff to make that because I loved it so much!

There are awesome pinto bean and black mean puree recipes also on Pinterest. Oh! And crustless pizza!